Once Upon A Thief...

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
This is what makes legends and plaques in museums.
11891111_505807396241907_1534717743294967377_n.jpg

Messremb

Grandmaster
Greed is the name of the game eh? People with meta-pets, they go-to spawns, completely obliterate everything PVM based and are now turning their attention to PVP which will eventually turn into a right mess. Bards, a few clicks of a few buttons using necessary skills and can earn at least 10,000 gold every ten minutes, craftsmen, they get all the bods, slayer weapons and everything nice and tasty. A thief can perhaps steal one item once in a while, sell it and have to resort to countless guard-wacks *not forgetting getting murdered a second time because perma-grey is not removed from guard wacks.*

As for hate, how many people can you legitimately remember from times gone by who have have farmed monsters and been a role model to others and become set in stone forever? One, two? How many looters, thieves and murderers can you remember? Two or three per server and countless others going back over the years. Thieves are just as much a part of the ecosystem as anyone else, yes there are bad apples who insist on ruining it for all the other legitimate thieves and those are the people which should be banned personally.

Your hate for thieves grows Liberty, I guess one burned you pretty hard in the past eh?

So implementing a script which automatically picks up power scrolls etc is a legitimate method of preventing script using? Do you think this is fair on legitimate thieves who play the hard way? It is? You mention script stealing relics, something needs to be done with how fast PVM has become, something needs to be done with way over-powered pets, bards who can solo the hardest of areas and other classes using methods to boost their overall damage to ridiculous amounts and you say that thieves cry? Tell me Messremb, would you not have something to say if your build was somewhat reduced in efficiency, would you not enter the forums, pitchforks and torches at the ready? No? You are just like 95% of thieves then who continue to take the rap.

Stealing is not broken, it is working as intended and has always worked this way, stealth on the other hand would not be broken if detect and tracking were changed to compensate. I can use both styles of stealth so this is not a major problem for me. As for thieves being an ungrateful group, I am probably one of a small group of thieves who will speak out for our class and I will defend this class until the day comes when the doors are locked shut and stealing is nerfed forever, until then I will continue to defend and point out the errors of other classes who are equally if not more broken than the humble thief.

What do thieves add to the server? With enough love and attention they give the server something like this -*Jakaro*- or Chad not forgetting Galad, how is this relevant? This shows that the server population is healthy and talent which resides on said server, damn, it even brings more people in from the outside. Two of those are not UOForever and perhaps not even a thief using the skill but the principles are the same, but one thing that I find highly amusing is; when someone steals something and posts it in comic form, everyone loves it and aspires to emulate what they see, when someone steals from someone and does not publish it in comic form, that person is defined as wrong, considered trash and denounced as some form of low life basement dwelling child with no skills. This is what I call complete hypocrisy at its' finest, let me be a common internet dweller and type this - Mirror>You.
Wtf are you on about, a script to pick up PS? Do you even know what happens when you steal a PS? You make me question if you have ever stolen anything outside guard zone.

You attempt to deflect using meta pets as some sort of op thing, but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. And tamers have had dozens of nerfs while thieves got a big buff when staff nerfed tracking.

Yes its unfair that script stealers are causing nerfs, but what else can be done? Do you have a solution? If not, quit being a huge ***** and adapt, that's what the legends you claim were so good did. Did you ever see jackaroo on the forums bitching? No you saw him in game finding ways to do what he loved. You are one of the biggest issues with thieves, you and Dellan, trying to act like kicked puppies while defending you broken skills tooth and nail. You call me a hypocrite while you stand their pretending stealing here is the same as it was on osi, either you never played, or you are a liar.

and you never answered my question, what about thieves do you want changed?

Dellan

Grandmaster
Ahah, you know what? I will accept the shit that falls out of you when you show me where is our skill broken.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Ahah, you know what? I will accept the shit that falls out of you when you show me where is our skill broken.
On osi the skill timer did not activate until you targeted an item to steal, this meant no insta hide, no double steal. Also, stealth had to be activated, meaning you needed to wait 10 seconds after hiding to begin stealthing, then had to reactivate every 10 steps.

see i'm not as full of shit as you

Dellan

Grandmaster
Stealth not requiring cooldown, that is broken?

Detect Hidden. 100 skill points negate 180 in hiding and stealth. 20 tracking works on full screen.
Forensics. Thief can't give counts, so murder each and every one you see.

see i'm not as stupid as you

Messremb

Grandmaster
Oh, you are one burned victim! Who robbed you? Was it Berlusconi? Or someone else?

Keke.

Still waiting for you to show me where exactly are our skills broken.
Haha, I only ever lost one item on this server worth more than 5k, a PS script stolen at a champ.

And nice deflect, must hurt that you will never be as good a thief as a guy who didn't even use the skill.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Hahah, you made me laugh man. I had my share of fun, and knowing that I raised two best thieves on this shard makes up for me way more than having fame from posting stories (I love you Jakaro, nothing against you). I'm not deflecting, please, show me where are our skills broken. Where it is so absolutely OP that it can't be countered. Please.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Stealth not requiring cooldown, that is broken?

Detect Hidden. 100 skill points negate 180 in hiding and stealth. 20 tracking works on full screen.
Forensics. Thief can't give counts, so murder each and every one you see.

see i'm not as stupid as you
stealth is broken yes

Notice you skipped over stealing having no cool down as well, broken.

Detect hidden is pretty easy to avoid as a thief

have you tried using 20 tracking? Success chance is like 20%, if you can't get off screen in the 40 seconds it takes them to get a track you are bad.

And you can only attack a thief in guards if they are perma grey.

Dellan

Grandmaster
stealth is broken yes

I agree on no skill cooldown here. Yes. But it can be countered. Detect Hidden.

Notice you skipped over stealing having no cool down as well, broken.

Locked boxes are also OP, totally.

Detect hidden is pretty easy to avoid as a thief
LOL. Have you ever played as a thief? If stealther can escape your detect, then you're the one who is bad. Hiding has 10 seconds cooldown, detect has 3. Guess who will win? Just run around like a dick targeting yourself with detect, success assured.

have you tried using 20 tracking? Success chance is like 20%, if you can't get off screen in the 40 seconds it takes them to get a track you are bad.

Yes, I did! You are messing it up with 0 tracking, there is actually 40% chance. At 20, you usually see full screen. And if not, GM tracking doesn't counter hide/stealth?

And you can only attack a thief in guards if they are perma grey.
Yes, only if perma. But according to you there are thieves only in towns. Oh yes. Please continue.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Wtf are you on about, a script to pick up PS? Do you even know what happens when you steal a PS? You make me question if you have ever stolen anything outside guard zone.

You attempt to deflect using meta pets as some sort of op thing, but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. And tamers have had dozens of nerfs while thieves got a big buff when staff nerfed tracking.

Yes its unfair that script stealers are causing nerfs, but what else can be done? Do you have a solution? If not, quit being a huge ***** and adapt, that's what the legends you claim were so good did. Did you ever see jackaroo on the forums bitching? No you saw him in game finding ways to do what he loved. You are one of the biggest issues with thieves, you and Dellan, trying to act like kicked puppies while defending you broken skills tooth and nail. You call me a hypocrite while you stand their pretending stealing here is the same as it was on osi, either you never played, or you are a liar.

and you never answered my question, what about thieves do you want changed?

Are you even for real? Are you not aware that there is a script now that automatically picks up power-scrolls *holds in the cursor* thus removing the chances of ANY thief actually getting a chance to steal it? Are you aware that items CAN NOT be stolen when someone picks them up and holds them in the cursor? No? This ain't about bitching, this is about putting a point out there that thieves always get the worst end of the stick. Why do you care anyway? Do you even have a thief?

As for bitching, it makes a nice refreshing change for someone who uses this class to speak about, I mean, Reds and Blues are quick enough jumping to the defensive over the way of gaming, tamers scream and shout when there is a nerf *which ends up being an uber-buff* and everything else inbetween.

Adapt.. How can someone adapt when their overall main skill is being over-turned while damaging scripts are being implemented?

I would have thought that someone who has been around on the forums for as long as you Messremb, you would be a little more in the know what is happening on your beloved server. Ah well, again, nothing surprises me any more here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
Are you even for real? Are you not aware that there is a script now that automatically picks up power-scrolls *holds in the cursor* thus removing the chances of ANY thief actually getting a chance to steal it? Are you aware that items CAN NOT be stolen when someone picks them up and holds them in the cursor? No? This ain't about bitching, this is about putting a point out there that thieves always get the worst end of the stick. Why do you care anyway? Do you even have a thief?

As for bitching, it makes a nice refreshing change for someone who uses this class to speak about, I mean, Reds and Blues are quick enough jumping to the defensive over the way of gaming, tamers scream and shout when there is a nerf *which ends up being a uber-buff* and everything else inbetween.

Adapt.. How can someone adapt when their overall main skill is being over-turned while damaging scripts are being implemented?

I would have thought that someone who has been around on the forums for as long as you Messremb, you would be a little more in the know what is happening on your beloved server. Ah well, again, nothing surprises me any more here...
hmm i had not heard of this script, but i dont champ much these days. however, it makes sense as a good way to counter the script stealers, personally i have always used the holding the PS trick, and i see nothing wrong with it, stealing is about taking advantage of the careless, not getting free shit from everyone.

and yes i played a thief here, then i found out how broken the mechanics are, and that because of that things were in place to counter them (i.e. the docks) an decided it wasn't worth a char slot to steal regs and vanqs at the bank, so i deleted it.

I would love to see a Thief overhaul, fixing the broken mechanics and removing the docks, but even with that the primary issues is still there, Script stealing, untill someone comes up with a counter for this thieves will always be nerfed because no person is as fast as a script.

And still you avoid answering my question what is it you want? the reason you avoid this is because you are just here to ***** about how hard you have it as a thief, but get this, nobody cares.