Meta dexxer template

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Heya

I just started the talisman quest and I'm trying to figure how to build my char.

I figured (and may be wrong) the berserker talisman would be the best, since you will never use a dexxer to tank if you have a tamer. The 2 other templates seem more fitted for solo farmers who don't have a tamer.

Is that correct?

Then assuming I am correct I'm still not sure what the best template would be.

I dropped sword for fencing to take advantage of the short spears (while krysses might be better since there is a poison relic...). The short spear has the highest DPS in the game if I remember correctly, and stuns help you avoid some dmg.

So I have, of course, fencing, tactics and anats. I also took healing.

Now I read the relic descriptions and there are 3 skills that are relevant to relic proc rates : poisoning, hiding and stealth.

I was wondering if I should add these 3 skills to my dexxer to take advantage of the relics I'll have someday, but that means I'll have to drop magery and resist. I could also keep magery or resist and drop stealth.

What, in your opinion, is the best template to use?

The 2 best options I see right now are the following :

Swords
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Magery
Resist
Hiding

OR

Swords
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Poison
Hiding
Stealth

Thanks for your help! :)

crazy-horse

Master
Your first option is, in my opinion, the better... but I would recommend fencing over swords. Just the way I roll and it seems to work.
Although, as a tamer you would probably want to consider archery, so that the closest damager to the target isn't you, yet still can heal your pets. Just keep that safe buffer between you.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
ID WORRY MORE ABOUT GETTING THE RELIC BEFORE MAKING A TEMPLATE FOR THE ONE YOU LIKE.

THEY'RE KINDA RARE AND EVERYONE WANTS THE ONE YOU WANT

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Your first option is, in my opinion, the better... but I would recommend fencing over swords. Just the way I roll and it seems to work.
Although, as a tamer you would probably want to consider archery, so that the closest damager to the target isn't you, yet still can heal your pets. Just keep that safe buffer between you.

Yeah I don't know why I wrote swords, I took fencing.

Archery seems a bit meh... first off, it's hard to level from a higher range from what I understand and there are only 2 relics working with bows.

ID WORRY MORE ABOUT GETTING THE RELIC BEFORE MAKING A TEMPLATE FOR THE ONE YOU LIKE.

THEY'RE KINDA RARE AND EVERYONE WANTS THE ONE YOU WANT

YEAH BUT HOPEFULLY ONE DAY I GET THEM ALL CAUSE I'M AN OLD PLAYER AND I GOT THE GOLDZ. NOT AS RICH AS YOU SADLY CAUSE WHEN I STARTED PLAYING THERE WERE NOT SO MANY BUGS ANYMOAR.

More seriously, I also considered dropping magery and resist for vet and lore, to heal my tamer's pets as I am fighting. Any thoughts on that?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Well all I'm really saying is that it takes time to get the relics. I haven't even gotten one after slaying the arch deamon with high score over 50 times, and maybe another 50 without high score.. In that time, there's been at least 3 changes to the relic I wanted lol. Take my advice young diddy and wait till u get the relic you're making the character for, the latter is faster anyways

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Well all I'm really saying is that it takes time to get the relics. I haven't even gotten one after slaying the arch deamon with high score over 50 times, and maybe another 50 without high score.. In that time, there's been at least 3 changes to the relic I wanted lol. Take my advice young diddy and wait till u get the relic you're making the character for, the latter is faster anyways

Yeah I understand, it's a valid point, but it's not like I'm going to play the dexxer that much... I guess stealth can wait tho.

Any thought on the lore/vet template?

crazy-horse

Master
oh right. Sorry, just had my mind on the pet. Yeah, as a dexxer with a pet tanking, beserker.. but watch yourself... I've had demons pull off metapets in training and turn on me while I was helping a tamer. And don't worry about the relics. I'm at level 7, no relics, and going through paragon demons like butter usually. Sometimes I still get one that wants to do a mana dump/poison on me, but as often I can just toe to toe them now.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
to daddy:
Swords
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Magery- must have
Resist
Parrying only parrying

You take parrying on a berserker or you're suggesting I take the def talisman?

What you do with the relics that proc more if you have poison and hiding/stealth?

Any thought on the vet/lore skills when paired with a tamer?

Thanks for taking the time :)

Hunter-

Grandmaster
i am take def talisman its best(if you want farm good mobs) talisman for dexxer
you wanna train dexx to help tamer?

Last edited by a moderator: