Incoming Perma Stat Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caso

Grandmaster
The only real counter arguments to perma-stat so far have been:

A) 'I'll leave the server if you do it!' which is nothing but trying to hold the shard hostige to obey your whims.

B) 'It'll be bad for the server cause PK's will leave' pretty much the same as 'A' but from a 3rd person point of view. These reds knew what UO was back in the day, and have been riding a wave of easy without perma stat-loss

C) 'Well, i'm just gonna loot you!' That's pretty much what has been happening anyways. Lots of reds take gold and leave, but there was plenty of reds that dry-looted regardless. And if you fight on the high-seas (smoke on the water) you were essentially dry-looted automatically on death.

D) 'We're going to run +more deep!' zergs of 5 are already pretty common, and adding more doesn't really change the inevitable death.

"Do it my way or I'll hurt the server!" is the argument of a child.
Custom clients with custom assist programs combined with voice programs did not exist when statloss around. You do realise the implications of all this my simple friend?

Werkt, TBA, $, Kings, whatever.

Haven't seen anyone but Werkt do anything in game forever, you really had to mention $ to make a point? Damn.

If you fail to notice the vast majority of veteran players running around on meta tamers chasing relics then that's fine. However, anyone with a clue knows what I say is sadly accurate.

This is your entire argument "I know what's up and you all know nothing". Again you are ridiculing yourself with stuff like "all pvmers do here is chase relics".

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Everybody only looks at the people playing now... The only people that could challenge EQMS are other solid PvPers that also play reds. They wont be coming back to a server with perma stat, as I said in one day two of my buddies I was trying to coax back to UO instantly did a 180 on me.

There will be a lot more conversations like this
2rwsuhd.png

EQMS will of course still run the shard, continuing to roll 10-15 deep and rarely if ever being in situations to get statted. And there definitely wont be contenders because if they get killed by EQMS they are perma statted.

In addition, I anticipate reds in general being much less forgiving. Just sayin.

In other words, your blue crying tears and extreme measures are only going to make matters worse if you were hoping for some sort of situation where reds hold hands with blues and only attack in small, opposable groups.

A classic expample of 'B' on my list of given counter arguments to perma-stat loss. :p

Custom clients with custom assist programs combined with voice programs did not exist when statloss around. You do realise the implications of all this my simple friend?

I've been against custom programs since they came out; I'd go back to unassisted UO in a heart-beat.

I know they change the dynamic, but that makes it easier for reds to evade dying; that's not a reason to make the penalty for death less harsh as well.

In other words, your blue crying tears and extreme measures are only going to make matters worse

These threats here are ridiculous! Go ahead and make the game even more impossible for everyone else, you are shooting your own foot, shane will be forced to implement even harsher punishments for reds. Instead of being reasonable once in your life, jeez.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Haven't seen anyone but Werkt do anything in game forever, you really had to mention $ to make a point? Damn.

This is your entire argument "I know what's up and you all know nothing". Again you are ridiculing yourself with stuff like "all pvmers do here is chase relics".

LOL. Clearly you disagree. That's fine. Keep hurling insults and I'll keep on proving my points.

Caso

Grandmaster
Everybody only looks at the people playing now... The only people that could challenge EQMS are other solid PvPers that also play reds. They wont be coming back to a server with perma stat, as I said in one day two of my buddies I was trying to coax back to UO instantly did a 180 on me.

There will be a lot more conversations like this
2rwsuhd.png

EQMS will of course still run the shard, continuing to roll 10-15 deep and rarely if ever being in situations to get statted. And there definitely wont be contenders because if they get killed by EQMS they are perma statted.

In addition, I anticipate reds in general being much less forgiving. Just sayin.

In other words, your blue crying tears and extreme measures are only going to make matters worse if you were hoping for some sort of situation where reds hold hands with blues and only attack in small, opposable groups.
For the 5 hours a week I play I am not training my skills back.

Phenomswag

Apprentice
A classic expample of 'B' on my list of given counter arguments to perma-stat loss. :p

You can put whatever letter you want next to it, there will be fewer players, much fewer returning players, and less activity in general.

Reds play blues too, it's not just that reds will go away. I spend maybe 20-30% of my time on a red, as did my buddies. They wont be around at all as reds or blues.

It will basically just become a much less active trammel shard with the occasional group of 15 reds swarming through, sounds great.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Wait, can all the reds at least make a single excuse?

Some are saying, 'It won't change anything, i'll just macro back up in a few hours'

While others are saying, 'I just won't macro because it will take to long!'

And still others, are saying (and correctly pointing out), 'I'll just macro that character as I roll a different red'

I'm still against multi-account players for many game-breaking things can can be done (recovering one's own head, for example), but as it stands you could easily macro a character up on one while playing another, something that will probably stay because as much as reds claim they love old-school PK'ing the simple fact is UO circa 1997 would make a lot of these reds just cry and find a easier server; something they are currently using to try and hold the shard hostage to their demands.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I can't wait for perma stat... When blues have the opportunity to perma stat in me I will no longer have any mercy whatsoever for them.

Back a wild animal in a corner and watch what happens. I used to be forgiving, res blues and let them get most of their stuff back, and continue hunting etc.

But my char can be perma statted now? If I die I effectively lose the char? Fuck mercy, I'll be killing, dry looting, res killing, chopping up bodies. Try to run reds off the server with perma stat and don't doubt that we will respond in kind.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, it's physics bitches. You blues cried enough to get this ridiculousness implemented, can't wait to make you pay.

Dude seriously, it is like Trammies crying over dumb shit..when I pked on lots of servers there was perma stat....

I am female and did not whine or threaten to hold any server hostage...seriously fFu*king Tissues or Tampons which would you like?

And they call girls cry baby bitches..only ones whining here have a Do*g

Phenomswag

Apprentice
Dude seriously, it is like Trammies crying over dumb shit..when I pked on lots of servers there was perma stat....

I am female and did not whine or threaten to hold any server hostage...seriously fFu*king Tissues or Tampons which would you like?

And they call girls cry baby bitches..only ones whining here have a Do*g

I can almost guarantee you are horrible at PvP. So don't pretend like going grey once to stimulate yourself was serious PKing during the stat loss era of UO.

Psyc420

Master
I PvP all the time, but I do not PK.
Hmm ok well as I seen you state before that your familiar with and or played UO back when it first came out correct? Well back then thats what made it FUN was the fact you steped out them citys and it could cost you your life to who or what ever that rush of unkown. Do you think if Garriot didnt' want pking in his game that he built would of created a murder system?
2-man attacking a guy killing ettins isn't my idea of fun
Maybe to you and others but why isn't it fair to someone else that finds it fun? Yes its rude and tastless and evil bla bla bla but maybe some people have fun doing it.
I like it when I know people can, or have at least agreed, to fight to the death.
If you did play UO back in the day you must of not played very long or atleast till they came out with Trammel and was like "Thank you Jesus!!"

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I can almost guarantee you are horrible at PvP. So don't pretend like going grey once to stimulate yourself was serious PKing during the stat loss era of UO.

Then you are a idiot, you should never guarantee anything at all when you have never played with a person...The shows your intelligence.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Good talks all around, of course same thing we've heard from both ends for a long time and the responses aren't new with some news like this.
Gunna lock the thread and we will have something ready for everyone next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.