Incoming Perma Stat Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Wonder if this will just result in more griefing rather than pking. My guess is pk's will now roll in even larger packs and if no numbers will just grief players and loot kills or lure spawn. Least with a red coming I know what to expect.

At least then we would know who killed this server in the end. Seriously all you guys being outraged here should take a few minutes and think about the situation we are in. I find it ridiculous that some people here even make threats to "punish everyone they see" if permastat is introduced. Every day you guys come here and tell everyone they are trammies for wanting to play the game without consequence and now that you yourself will be the ones who will get consequence you are freaking out like this, threatening to leave the shard, threatening to steamroll everyone on the shard with a massive force of pks? Are you guys serious? I think you really don't care about this shard and are acting incredibly selfish. Has anyone of you ever stopped to think about "whether you should even tho you could"? Do you see everyone on UOF griefing noobs constanly "just cause they can"? In all these months that this debate has been going on has any of you guys ever thought about not rolling with a zerg? Have you ever considered telling people to make smaller groups when going out and pking people? You know, for the shard, for the playerbase, for keeping people interested in UOF? Is it even clear to you that you need these people to have someone to pk in the first place? Shouldn't it be in your interest to listen to these guys who are sick of your bullying and are leaving the shard cause its no fun to them anymore? You guys are acting just ridiculous, you literally have everything and are dominating this shard yet you don't show the tiniest bit of dignity. Do you honestly think its healthy for the shard that if there is a problem and staff is trying to solve it and you guys get a tiny bit of your own medicine that you guys come here and threaten to kill people even more in even larger numbers until they leave the shard. In all honesty, have some of you guys seriously gone mad over a video game? This game is incredibly old and we should be glad we even have UOF to still play our favourite game. If anything we should all work together to keep people interested in this game not act like fucken nutjobs and threaten to kill everyone if you lose a tiny bit of your power!

ton loc

Master
The only ones you're actually hindering with a change like this is the solo/1-2 man group pks.

The actual cause of the original problem will still be just as bad.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We might do a shamed status system we've been talking about for like 3 months, try that for a month or two if that doesn't work ADD ONTO that system perma stat - so shamed + perma stat haha.

In any case you can see one of the changes coming in within the next week.

TheGooch

Master
10,15,20 reds. Don't matter. Some are gonna die, get statloss and the culling of the herd will begin. Should be interesting to watch how this is gonna play out. I can already see 2-3 blue players doing a kamikaze run with eq, eq, cl/ms. When all those health bars start dropping at the same time, panic will set in on certain folks. That's when the faction groups or groups of blues should take advantage. Seen that same scenario play out hundreds of time on osi and free shards.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
10,15,20 reds. Don't matter. Some are gonna die, get statloss and the culling of the herd will begin. Should be interesting to watch how this is gonna play out. I can already see 2-3 blue players doing a kamikaze run with eq, eq, cl/ms. When all those health bars start dropping at the same time, panic will set in on certain folks. That's when the faction groups or groups of blues should take advantage. Seen that same scenario play out hundreds of time on osi and free shards.

I think it's gunna be fun and will make reds take their playing a bit more seriously and hopefully be forced to be a bit more tactical than just shrugging shit off when they die.
There will be some hurdles to over come and hey if it doesn't work out at all we can always go back or try something new. We are open to suggestions but as someone suggested earlier in this thread i think the majority of people would just like to see SOME Sort of action be taken.

We will try out some things and have fun with it, it's not the end of the world.

tankian

Grandmaster
i brought this up in the past and im not sure its even a good idea, but once you turn red and enter a dungeon, champ zone or RDA you get increased agro from near by mobs making it more risky entering these zones while on the prey for innocent blues. maybe something like an increase of 40-60% . this will include mobs that are currently agro"d onto pets as well

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Look on the bright side. Relic prices are going to plummet. This will help new players a good bit. Perhaps once everything valuable is worthless then the PvM'ers will look for something fun to do like PvP.

We can sit and debate just how ill advised of a move this is but sometimes you just have to let people figure out their mistakes on their own.

Caso

Grandmaster
Well Shane posted in discord that perma stat is on the way.

Trammel has been foreshadowed for quite some while now so its not like its a surprise. The end result is predictable though. Players will eventually grow tired of 20 year old AI and endless grinding for relics that will soon lose their value. You can change the mechanics but if you take away pk'ing then Trammel is basically here. Many pks aren't going to macro their characters so risk free farming will be the norm. Some of us will still pk but UOF will probably become solely in the realm of pvm hack and slash and pokemon grindfest. The question is how long will players enjoy endless risk free grinding for relics that are about to be worthless? LOL.

Shane mentioned revamping PvP numerous times and how it never catches on and that its a huge surprise to him. However, I will once again point out that the current mentality on this shard is that if an activity doesn't have a chance at a relic drop then it is utterly pointless. So will Kingdoms PvP catch on? Its a simple question to answer. If kingdoms pvp = relics then yes otherwise no chance.

Maybe Kingdoms will incentivize pvp in a way that attracts players to the system? Maybe players just want to horde relics and grind pokemons until they get bored?

When I think about the most successful PvM'ers on this shard I realize that they all grew rich, grew bored and left. PvP'ers always find the game enjoyable and never get enough.
The zerg is only a problem because of spell rails resulting in instant death being made possible because of advanced clients/assist programs. Make UOF an exclusive client that limits what can/can't be done - along the lines of the original UO Assist and the 15 headless chickens known as EQMS won't be half, let alone a quarter as effective given they won't be able to execute their current 'pvp tactics' of running 10-15 deep, preloading Ebolt, running on screen and hitting 1 button to instant kill players within a second.

Putting in perma statloss will result in less action and solo reds just won't bother, because why risk losing your character to 1 stub from a pack of pussies?

Beyond statloss if the player base and shane can't see that pvp has become stale from spell rails with zergs pressing target closest/cycling off-screen targets, then you're all blind. There is a reason 99% of pvpers use sallos and only play mages - spell rails/closest target in zergs makes the game too easy.

Watch the population and donations drop even further.

Caso

Grandmaster
We might do a shamed status system we've been talking about for like 3 months, try that for a month or two if that doesn't work ADD ONTO that system perma stat - so shamed + perma stat haha.

In any case you can see one of the changes coming in within the next week.
Shane no one wants to fight eqms. That's the entire problem here mate. No one has 10-15 players to tackle a guild that's all on all the time.

Caso

Grandmaster
Lol you're dreaming if you think someone will risk their characters like that.

Pvp will be dead. The population is not big enough.

Can tell you not a single power member will come back now.

Ever seen eqms use reds in a 48 hour statloss area when a real threat arrives? I haven't. They log on blues. There will be no red pvp outside no cut. All you will see is rush ganks of 10-15 reds killing pvmers then gating out.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
If people are so hard for PvP why not start warring with other guilds, making events pop more often, or really any other avenue of PvP on this server?

The days of people pretending PK'ing is the only way to PvP should come to a close; mostly because it's not true.

Most targets of PK's have incomplete skill sets, vendor gear (including vendor potions), or are so new they don't know how to properly manipulate the controls. This is not PvP, this is slaughter.

Caso

Grandmaster
If people are so hard for PvP why not start warring with other guilds, making events pop more often, or really any other avenue of PvP on this server?

The days of people pretending PK'ing is the only way to PvP should come to a close; mostly because it's not true.

Most targets of PK's have incomplete skill sets, vendor gear (including vendor potions), or are so new they don't know how to properly manipulate the controls. This is not PvP, this is slaughter.
Not exactly. We get into heaps of battles with TRIN and other guilds that start as a result of 1 player pking another. This is what makes UO great.

Not everyone is a Newb after playing years of UO.

Pking is the backbone of freeshard pvp. It's now it all starts. This shard is reminding me of the ***** PC world we live in today - Clint Eastwood would be ashamed of many of you.

TheGooch

Master
I think it's gunna be fun and will make reds take their playing a bit more seriously and hopefully be forced to be a bit more tactical than just shrugging shit off when they die.
There will be some hurdles to over come and hey if it doesn't work out at all we can always go back or try something new. We are open to suggestions but as someone suggested earlier in this thread i think the majority of people would just like to see SOME Sort of action be taken.

We will try out some things and have fun with it, it's not the end of the world.
Agreed on all points. Dont worry about the playerbase man, everyone has some sort of gripe. Hell, I've harped on you directly plenty of times(deserved and undeserved). In the end, it's all good. Never hurts to try something new. I know I'm gonna have some damn fun with it.

Kael

Master
At least then we would know who killed this server in the end. Seriously all you guys being outraged here should take a few minutes and think about the situation we are in. I find it ridiculous that some people here even make threats to "punish everyone they see" if permastat is introduced. Every day you guys come here and tell everyone they are trammies for wanting to play the game without consequence and now that you yourself will be the ones who will get consequence you are freaking out like this, threatening to leave the shard, threatening to steamroll everyone on the shard with a massive force of pks? Are you guys serious? I think you really don't care about this shard and are acting incredibly selfish. Has anyone of you ever stopped to think about "whether you should even tho you could"? Do you see everyone on UOF griefing noobs constanly "just cause they can"? In all these months that this debate has been going on has any of you guys ever thought about not rolling with a zerg? Have you ever considered telling people to make smaller groups when going out and pking people? You know, for the shard, for the playerbase, for keeping people interested in UOF? Is it even clear to you that you need these people to have someone to pk in the first place? Shouldn't it be in your interest to listen to these guys who are sick of your bullying and are leaving the shard cause its no fun to them anymore? You guys are acting just ridiculous, you literally have everything and are dominating this shard yet you don't show the tiniest bit of dignity. Do you honestly think its healthy for the shard that if there is a problem and staff is trying to solve it and you guys get a tiny bit of your own medicine that you guys come here and threaten to kill people even more in even larger numbers until they leave the shard. In all honesty, have some of you guys seriously gone mad over a video game? This game is incredibly old and we should be glad we even have UOF to still play our favourite game. If anything we should all work together to keep people interested in this game not act like fucken nutjobs and threaten to kill everyone if you lose a tiny bit of your power!

Wow rage post lol.

Get off your high horse moron. I stated a fear that we may just see more griefers or even larger groups of reds. I am not part of EQMS. I have been here since day 1 and haven't seen the waves of reds except at IDOCS and champ spawns...exactly where I would expect to encounter them. I'm careful where I farm and as a result seldom get pk'd. My issues are more from blues griefing me. Looting kills and luring spawn.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Not exactly. We get into heaps of battles with TRIN and other guilds that start as a result of 1 player pking another. This is what makes UO great.

Pking is the backbone of freeshard pvp. It's now it all starts. This shard is reminding me of the ***** PC world we live in today - Clint Eastwood would be ashamed of many of you.

I'm not saying PKing should be done away with, but even old school UO had harsh penalties for murderers.

Much more harsh than the red-trammel we have today.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster

Predictably both PvM and PvP will become boring as it will become risk free. Boredom typically isn't good for a game.

Mob AI in UO is rudimentary at best. Having solo'd arch demon and fafnir I can tell you that its pretty much a snooze fest and I don't even have a tamer. So once reds stop roaming dungeons (unless its in a large group and there is no threat of resistance) then people can just sit at Shame 5 and Deceit 5 all day. That seems about as appealing to me as playing one of those clickfest facebook games.

With perma you can bet on nearly every champ completing with little resistance. That's pretty much the case already but now players can rest assured that four tamers can conquer any champ. Watch those relic prices plummet! That does help out newer players but the PvM'ers who are crying for perma are going to be pissed once those relics become like a 105 tinkering. We've already seen relic prices drop significantly recently. Jim Cramer would tell you to take those relics and SELL SELL SELL!!! It gonna get ugly!

That pretty much sums up Trammel PvM.

The PvP is going to be what?? Who knows. Maybe Kingdoms will draw people in but incentivized PvP seems to be an idea that is completely disregarded. However, I don't know how anyone who plays on this shard could fail to understand that players give zero shits about anything in this game that doesn't drop a relic. So if Kingdoms doesn't reward people for their time PvP'ing then you've got another booty island flop.

Wow rage post lol.

Get off your high horse moron. I stated a fear that we may just see more griefers or even larger groups of reds. I am not part of EQMS. I have been here since day 1 and haven't seen the waves of reds except at IDOCS and champ spawns...exactly where I would expect to encounter them. I'm careful where I farm and as a result seldom get pk'd. My issues are more from blues griefing me. Looting kills and luring spawn.

Ah yeah, maybe I was raging a bit hehe, anyways, this wasn't aimed at you, was more talking about the guys being all angry here, writing that they will roll in high numbers now killing everyone, sorry if that wasn't clear!

Caso

Grandmaster
Predictably both PvM and PvP will become boring as it will become risk free. Boredom typically isn't good for a game.

Mob AI in UO is rudimentary at best. Having solo'd arch demon and fafnir I can tell you that its pretty much a snooze fest and I don't even have a tamer. So once reds stop roaming dungeons (unless its in a large group and there is no threat of resistance) then people can just sit at Shame 5 and Deceit 5 all day. That seems about as appealing to me as playing one of those clickfest facebook games.

With perma you can bet on nearly every champ completing with little resistance. That's pretty much the case already but now players can rest assured that four tamers can conquer any champ. Watch those relic prices plummet! That does help out newer players but the PvM'ers who are crying for perma are going to be pissed once those relics become like a 105 tinkering. We've already seen relic prices drop significantly recently. Jim Cramer would tell you to take those relics and SELL SELL SELL!!! It gonna get ugly!

That pretty much sums up Trammel PvM.

The PvP is going to be what?? Who knows. Maybe Kingdoms will draw people in but incentivized PvP seems to be an idea that is completely disregarded. However, I don't know how anyone who plays on this shard could fail to understand that players give zero shits about anything in this game that doesn't drop a relic. So if Kingdoms doesn't reward people for their time PvP'ing then you've got another booty island flop.
This.

Farewell - I'm not eqms I am power and started it with Flube/my bro. I am not a zerger. Perma stat doesn't work, we don't have 12 hours to play UOF a day and retrain. I am lucky to log on twice a week.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
You talk about tamers having risk free farming, same goes for reds right now, risk free farming of blues souls. There is little to no risk when running in zergs of 10 reds. If you die, you have 9 other party members to cut your head and sell it back to you for 1 gold or if you do get statted. You have 1-8 other red chars to log on and rejoin the battle

Actually any smart red, has a cuthead macro and they get their own head or mates get the head...it is pretty f*cking easy...infact if a red does not know of this he belong in the dust bin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phenomswag

Apprentice
I can't wait for perma stat... When blues have the opportunity to perma stat in me I will no longer have any mercy whatsoever for them.

Back a wild animal in a corner and watch what happens. I used to be forgiving, res blues and let them get most of their stuff back, and continue hunting etc.

But my char can be perma statted now? If I die I effectively lose the char? Fuck mercy, I'll be killing, dry looting, res killing, chopping up bodies. Try to run reds off the server with perma stat and don't doubt that we will respond in kind.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, it's physics bitches. You blues cried enough to get this ridiculousness implemented, can't wait to make you pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.