Incoming Perma Stat Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Well Shane posted in discord that perma stat is on the way.

Trammel has been foreshadowed for quite some while now so its not like its a surprise. The end result is predictable though. Players will eventually grow tired of 20 year old AI and endless grinding for relics that will soon lose their value. You can change the mechanics but if you take away pk'ing then Trammel is basically here. Many pks aren't going to macro their characters so risk free farming will be the norm. Some of us will still pk but UOF will probably become solely in the realm of pvm hack and slash and pokemon grindfest. The question is how long will players enjoy endless risk free grinding for relics that are about to be worthless? LOL.

Shane mentioned revamping PvP numerous times and how it never catches on and that its a huge surprise to him. However, I will once again point out that the current mentality on this shard is that if an activity doesn't have a chance at a relic drop then it is utterly pointless. So will Kingdoms PvP catch on? Its a simple question to answer. If kingdoms pvp = relics then yes otherwise no chance.

Maybe Kingdoms will incentivize pvp in a way that attracts players to the system? Maybe players just want to horde relics and grind pokemons until they get bored?

When I think about the most successful PvM'ers on this shard I realize that they all grew rich, grew bored and left. PvP'ers always find the game enjoyable and never get enough.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
You mean perma stat was only ever in, Trammel?

Oh, wait, that's right. Perma-stat loss was in UO since launch.

~fin.

Last edited by a moderator:

tankian

Grandmaster
The question is how long will players enjoy endless risk free grinding for relics that are about to be worthless? LOL.
About as long as newer player enjoy getting zerged everyday all day. they cant even make any kind of gold to buy anything, cant enjoy farming, champs ect without being PK'd. no it shouldnt be risk free, i do agree on that but as of right now, it isnt about risk, its suicide to go out, Alot of guilds/ and players just arent farming or doing champs anymore because its not enjoyabe to go do a champ for an hour and have PKs raid it right at the end.
A tamer is taking a risk of going to a dungeon and getting Pk'd and having his pets killed and lose skills, then a PK should also take the risk of losing skills also,. but should b able to regain them either in scrolls or macroing. im sure it wont hurt them too much as most PKs have multiple red chars.

tankian

Grandmaster
BTW if you think im only saying this because im a tamer or dont have a PK, youre wrong, i have 2 PKs and 1 that i use quite often

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I'll let the meta tamer masses debate amongst themselves. The entire idea of perma stat is amusing to me. The point I tried to make several times in the past has been to incentivize PvP through the kingdoms system (see: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/solving-the-so-called-pk-crisis.83004/). I'd rather see UO resemble albion (pvm and pvp mix where each is balanced off the other) rather than a diablo click fest.

I knew that the stick would be used to try to fix the perceived imbalance. The carrot would have been to use incentivized pvp in a way that benefits all players. However, it was more than predictable that the brain dead approach of punishing certain players would be the tactic used. Its easy to find a scapegoat to punish rather than deal with the nuanced mechanics in a way that benefits all players.

Unfortunately that approach will lead to risk free farming that bores the entire community and pushes away PvP'ers that are truly the reliable players that stick around through the years.

Honestly, if UOF is going to become a PVM-only clickfest then I'd rather see it happen sooner rather than later. At least now there's less ambiguity about this shard becoming a trammel-like game system.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I'll let the meta tamer masses debate amongst themselves. The entire idea of perma stat is amusing to me. The point I tried to make several times in the past has been to incentivize PvP through the kingdoms system (see: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/solving-the-so-called-pk-crisis.83004/). I'd rather see UO resemble albion (pvm and pvp mix where each is balanced off the other) rather than a diablo click fest.

I knew that the stick would be used to try to fix the perceived imbalance. The carrot would have been to use incentivized pvp in a way that benefits all players. However, it was more than predictable that the brain dead approach of punishing certain players would be the tactic used. Unfortunately that approach will lead to risk free farming that bores the entire community and pushes away PvP'ers that are truly the reliable players that stick around through the years.

Honestly, if UOF is going to become a PVM-only clickfest then I'd rather see it happen sooner rather than later. At least now there's less ambiguity about this shard becoming a trammel-like game style.

Seriously, UO has been perma-stat for reds since launch.

It's not the only way to PvP in this game. :)

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Seriously, UO has been perma-stat for reds since launch.

It's not the only way to PvP in this game. :)

Don't know what you're trying to debate but sure. Hey if the server wants Trammel then I say go for it. Why even lose your stuff when your die? Give players what they want.

I'm just relieved that UOF is showing its true colors and finally coming clean about wanting a Trammel style game system. Yes the mechanics will be different because Trammel is a bad word however in my view any system that is going to result in widespread risk-free farming is essentially the same in spirit. Unfortunately, the results of this is predictable as I've said but if its what everyone wants then I do support it. I'm merely appreciative that at least now we know for sure whether or not PKs are a part of UOF.

Garillo

Master
So what happens when you lag and die, the server is being DDOSed or you DC? Just macro up your red when you die from server-side issues? The account wide shaming idea was best, imo. Innately limits people to 3 reds, is minimally invasive, and is more forgiving of technical issues. Remove head buyback if your head is turned in if it's such a giant issue.

Belge

Grandmaster
If people are so afraid of perm stat-loss, just stay constantly grey and let people attack you... its not very hard to find people that actually want to fight, rather than just killing any noob they see. You can also join factions or learn to adapt. lol

tankian

Grandmaster
You talk about tamers having risk free farming, same goes for reds right now, risk free farming of blues souls. There is little to no risk when running in zergs of 10 reds. If you die, you have 9 other party members to cut your head and sell it back to you for 1 gold or if you do get statted. You have 1-8 other red chars to log on and rejoin the battle

Belge

Grandmaster
With perma stat...expect to see a red EQMS zerg like you have never seen before...maybe with a splash of extra griefing as well.
what do we care if you grief us with 10guys or 20guys... same shit man. You guys already kill anything that moves when zerging... nice threats tho lol

About as long as newer player enjoy getting zerged everyday all day. they cant even make any kind of gold to buy anything, cant enjoy farming, champs ect without being PK'd. no it shouldnt be risk free, i do agree on that but as of right now, it isnt about risk, its suicide to go out, Alot of guilds/ and players just arent farming or doing champs anymore because its not enjoyabe to go do a champ for an hour and have PKs raid it right at the end.
A tamer is taking a risk of going to a dungeon and getting Pk'd and having his pets killed and lose skills, then a PK should also take the risk of losing skills also,. but should b able to regain them either in scrolls or macroing. im sure it wont hurt them too much as most PKs have multiple red chars.

If there is an issue of new players dying, wouldn't a more innovative idea be to make a more legitimate newb player dungeon and change the requirement to something more like: account age<60 days.

In 2016 joining and getting set up and established with some gold should be as simple as possible if new talent retention is a priority.

That means giving new players their own realm. Once they are set up, they should be able to die while farming just like anyone else.

Likewise, in 2016 introducing something like red perma stat will appease only the vocal pixel newbs who do nothing other than pvm.

However if this same group is correlated with the heaviest donation cash flow, I guess that is how perma stat could be explained away.

Violence

Grandmaster
However if this same group is correlated with the heaviest donation cash flow, I guess that is how perma stat could be explained away.

This is why Trammel came about on the production servers too. Everyone likes to say UO died when Trammel came in, but in reality they hit peak subscribers after the launch of UOR.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Perma stat has been talked about for so long on this server. It's not going to happen IMO.

And if it does, I don't even really care. With skills scrolls and the quick gains on this shard I can get my reds back up running in a shorter period than the 48 hours of stat currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.