Event exploiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litefyre

Neophyte
Well, when I sank him and he yelled at me SOUTHPAW came to his rescue twice, so they may be two players, I apologize for that. But they are certainly EQMS. And he HAS been doing the event quite a lot I'll admit (the same drag the spawn to the boat trick). But there was a point where he gained over one million points within a two hour window. Ruining the event in my opinion, as well as many other players. Luring 30 magma trolls into the middle of nowhere so you can rotate targetting them while the rest regen and heal is not right. You aren't KILLING them to DEFEND Vesper. You are macroing and exploiting an event in that case.

BEN!

Grandmaster
Well, when I sank him and he yelled at me SOUTHPAW came to his rescue twice, so they may be two players, I apologize for that. But they are certainly EQMS. And he HAS been doing the event quite a lot I'll admit (the same drag the spawn to the boat trick). But there was a point where he gained over one million points within a two hour window. Ruining the event in my opinion, as well as many other players. Luring 30 magma trolls into the middle of nowhere so you can rotate targetting them while the rest regen and heal is not right. You aren't KILLING them to DEFEND Vesper. You are macroing and exploiting an event in that case.

one million points in two hours is a pretty outrageous figure and makes it hard to take anything you are saying seriously

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Quite strange how a decent amount of people are all saying the same BEN!... One or two people, okay, then it can be considered rumour, nearly everyone I have spoken to? Something aint right...

Mordoc

Master
i would Hope Drinn would of wanted better for his " first event" but it seems his own guild are causing legitimate players to not want to compete in the event anymore due to abuse i know for a fact nerd overlord has already been warned for something simlar....

lol.......seems like it doesnt matter because..... its his own guild, doing it!!

Malkraven

Grandmaster
So apparently 1 of these guys is jamiez? (gm blair) idk if its true but wow lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Uofreakkk

Adept
So Cino afks for a minute and gets jailed and also gets 1 mill deducted from his score and yet EQMS is doing this for hours afk while luring them away from vesper which is breaking two rules and no word on it from staff? hmmm..

I also find it Ironic how EQMS felt the need to talk about Bobby cheating and how it ruins the game and yet EQMS is constantly doing shit like this. Get ready for the EQMS zerg to run to the defense on the forums yet again.

I think anyone caught exploiting or cheating in the event should be kicked from event - or jailed the rest of the event and have their points taken away. No exceptions for anyone... I understand if you want to test the waters till rules are cleared but once rules are set you are knowingly telling the staff "Fuck your rules" while spitting in the face of players doing it the legit way. Examples should be made with these players..

It's a Free server- At the very least you could follow the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
So, EQMS has been exploiting this event... Luring mobs outside of vesper with an alt, while sitting on a boat with a nox field/ebolt macro running.. If this is allowed, I'm quitting this event. These two different EQMS members have raked up millions and millions of points doing this. Its a slap in the face to everyone trying to compete in this event legitimately.

16peo1.jpg

fk3793.png

oa3eyg.png

jjo31l.jpg

chars are, Nerd Overlord/Heavy Squats
Agata de Luca/Dirty Politician

@Shane
@eppy

I heard about this from a friend , too. Its a shame that people are exploiting this event... a temporary ban though someone should get to prove a point that exploiting is not condoned.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
What about making it so that the monsters only spawn "inside" the town and cant be lured outside of town so that people cant exploit this or would have a more difficult time to? @Shane @eppy @Adam

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
There are 2 rules for this event:

1. Do not afk macro anything that will get you event score.
2. Do not trap mobs on a boat or in a house.

Can you explain which of these 2 rules are being broken here?

Its actually quite sad how upset people are about this... fucking trammy fgts.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Holy shit! The night before I remember logging off just ahead of Nerd Overlord. He was still increasing points when I logged off at like 2am at with around 1.35 million. I log in the next afternoon and he more then doubled his score to over 3 million!

Poon Doctor

Master
So is the mobs HP regen allowing them to get more points (unlimited invasion score) than the mobs Max HPs? If so, it's a really odd design choice considering a lot of things in game are already capped xp wise per kill like meta's/relics/etc. If not, than what is the big deal seems inefficient to drag them all the way off just to kill them.

your right I dont understand why the guy crying about that didnt kill all monsters to take the points from them, isnt this suppose to be competitive?

I was sent a picture in IRC as well of a player using a house to lur mobs and EQ the entire time. When I brought it up in main chat that the point of these events are to work together and defeat the mobs to take back vesper, gluttsds and derwolf continued to call me a trammy loser and that nowhere in the event did it state that people should actually be killing mobs so that farming points wasn't breaking the rules.

Does it take a complete * to not understand that events like this are made so that players participate together to achieve a goal?

As far as nerd overlord, I've never heard of the guy, but I go to brit yesterday and 5-6 different people are really upset talking about how he wasn't even in the top 10 list and now was in third place with over 3 million points within a matter of 3-5 hours.

I brought this up to @drinn and he simply told me that players who are coming up with out of the box ideas to make points aren't technically cheating. I asked him to check into what was going on because people thought it was part of the lag that was happening yesterday, and he said that if no one was technically cheating that it wasn't a problem.

As far as the other posters in here saying they're going to quit....I'm not going to quit this event, but my motivation is just extremely on the low-end. I have personally seen MOST the top 20 players currently with points working their ass off on this event, Running non-stop thru town killing mobs and working together to defeat the mobs such as the EVENT was designed.

EQMS turns it into "We can't kill blues, so we must exploit points to be #1" - Well... lemme tell you...thats pathetic. It's just sad and pathetic.

And let me say one final thing.....something that derwolf said I was lieing about and I will say it here and I KNOW that @Shane will back me up when I say: SHANE has Specifically Said, MULTIPLE TIMES, that if every time we do events like this, it turns into who can exploit the event to make the most points because all they care about are rewards, that he will quit doing events like this.

The whole thing is upsetting when you have so many players actively participating, enjoying the event for why it was made and participating as it was designed.

All that said, I'm NOT a contender in this event to be making the most points or to 'win' the most points. I do not believe I'm even in the top 20 as it stands right now. Therefore, I speak my mind simply on the behalf of how sad it is that people find more enjoyment ruining this event and taking advantage of these events as opposed to working and participating in them. If you don't want to participate, and all you kill about is killing blues, then thats fine. No one is upset about that. But FUCK OFF from these events when so many players ARE abiding by the rules and enjoying what the staff has made for us.

Uofreakkk

Adept

1. They were afk macroing
2. They pulled mobs away from event

Pretty sure pulling mobs away from event area is exploiting the event if it isn't then I'm gonna start pulling Magma Paragons away to a spot where no one is and just provo all of them while I basic attack them and gain points because they heal up faster than they die.

If that's allowed I'm gonna do it and just watch as my score goes up with no effort. I seem to remember a message from staff saying "NO BOATING MOBS FROM EVENT" . It's pretty clear it means no luring Mobs away from event by any means but apparently they need to post it for you to understand.

With my post having been made, feel free to flame me and talk shit, etc. etc. Certain people don't like me on this server because I speak my mind, and I do so intelligently and logically, something a lot of players here can't comprehend. I do this because I want to see this server continue to excel and be the best. Provide players of all types the game-play they've always enjoyed, and the additional content UO:F provides.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
1. They were afk macroing
2. They pulled mobs away from event

Pretty sure pulling mobs away from event area is exploiting the event if it isn't then I'm gonna start pulling Magma Paragons away to a spot where no one is and just provo all of them while I basic attack them and gain points because they heal up faster than they die.

If that's allowed I'm gonna do it and just watch as my score goes up with no effort. I seem to remember a message from staff saying "NO BOATING MOBS FROM EVENT" . It's pretty clear it means no luring Mobs away from event by any means but apparently they need to post it for you to understand.

Luring mobs has never been deemed illegal for this event. Putting them on a boat or in a house is.
No one was doing this afk, if they were, they would be punished like everyone else.

You need to calm down buddy, try having some fun.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Luring mobs has never been deemed illegal for this event. Putting them on a boat or in a house is.
No one was doing this afk, if they were, they would be punished like everyone else.

You need to calm down buddy, try having some fun.

Actually you are allowed to use your house as long as you don't afk macro doing it

Can i use my house for this event?
Yes, you may use your house at your own willing. HOWEVER if you in any way shape or form are using your house to AFK grind up event points during this event you will instantly banned, and fire walled. There will be a ZERO tolerance with this.

Even if luring mobs isn't illegal they were 100% afk doing it and should be jailed period and have their points taken away Like cino was. I can think of a few ways to exploit this even, doesn't mean I'm going to do it just because it wasn't posted not to do it....

pacrsfan

Master
Ya if this is allowed I think I'm done with this event.While Drinn may have done nothing wrong it sure appears as though he's allowing his guild mates an advantage in his event.Sometimes perception is more important that reality.This is one of those cases.And before you respond Glutts know that I could care less what you think.Calling people names like trammy seems to be your only response when you have no arguement.
@Shane @eppy @drinn

Salsa

Grandmaster
Ya if this is allowed I think I'm done with this event.While Drinn may have done nothing wrong it sure appears as though he's allowing his guild mates an advantage in his event.Sometimes perception is more important that reality.This is one of those cases.And before you respond Glutts know that I could care less what you think.Calling people names like trammy seems to be your only response when you have no arguement.
@Shane @eppy @drinn

Allowing his guild mates an advantage? How so? Is there something stopping you from doing this? How is this an advantage to his guild and not every player?

Status
Not open for further replies.