Event exploiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
You're right... What was I thinking? I should be doing this too....

I, along with a dozen other guildies are in the process of luring a mob of 50 trolls to our boats as we speak. Luckily for us, we have this super complex script that checks the health of the mob we're casting on and it will stop casting on that mob when it gets down to 20% and switch to another random mob. I think 25-50 trolls should be good enough for this. Also, the script has a journal check to sound an alarm if anyone is talking or if anyone shows up on our screen so that we can properly respond when spoken to.

Watch our scores rise as quickly as theirs.

Edit: I'm also done with this event.. It's not worth it.... In the end, the people who actually kill shit in town are going to get screwed while the people who exploit their way to the top 'win' it all.

wait when did you join eqms?

Memphist

Grandmaster
But you cant control all things you only can try the best and i think the staff is doing it well and learn from any event.

Adramelech

Master
Boy what a huge guild pee-pee measuring contest that as turned into! The toxicity is real! I wish there was a little more concern for the big picture of the server we all call home rather than selfish personal gains.

I have run up and down Vesper and I rarely see any of the top scorers besides Bradley and Happynoob. Which means the majority of the top scorers are boating or housing the event. Does that not strike you as going a little against the nature of the event?.. The idea is to defend Vesper. A majority of the people scoring high aren't even in Vesper. o_O

the one argument I hear that I absolutely loathe:

"*tsk tsk* you're playing UO wrong, you should be doing it like this"

Its a sandbox game, people get to play how they want. If they want to power game, they can. If they want to RP they can. People are allowed to do what is fun for them.

The problem is you get certain greedy as fuck people who can't stand that someone else has more points than them.

@bradley- had a bunch of people calling foul on him during the trin invasion because he played it a shitload and had guildies luring spawn so his meta could tank it.

These complaints (they happen LITERALLY EVERY EVENT) have little to do with how points are accumulated and a whole lot to do with 'omg this guy is winning more than me, better form a lynch mob'.

Do you not understand how events work? If this was shit happening in a dungeon somewhere, there would be no leg of an argument to stand on.

Instead, this was a specific event, designed by staff, designed for player participating to kills mobs. EQ'ing and Poison Fielding mobs that would take HOURS to kill them, isn't participating in THIS SPECIFIC EVENT as it was intended. It's strictly taking advantage of the event in regards to benefiting specific players to make points.

These types of events, though scoring systems and rewards should be obtainable, are not designed with the mindset of assholes only looking to 'win' versus PARTICIPATING in the event.

How many champ spawns does @Shane provided us in the past that were not inside of towns so that ALL types of players can either kill mobs or PK or steal, etc. versus an event that, in the mean time, is specifically supposed to be about defeating mobs to help the vesper mayor.

This event has an actual storyline, and with that, was designed for people to have fun and participate. NOT so that people can find loopholes to farm points and 'win' - These events, though they provide scoring systems, are not designed for ANY ONE PERSON to necessarily 'win' the event. Its a community event to have fun.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Boy what a huge guild pee-pee measuring contest that as turned into! The toxicity is real! I wish there was a little more concern for the big picture of the server we all call home rather than selfish personal gains.

I have run up and down Vesper and I rarely see any of the top scorers besides Bradley and Happynoob. Which means the majority of the top scorers are boating or housing the event. Does that not strike you as going a little against the nature of the event?.. The idea is to defend Vesper. A majority of the people scoring high aren't even in Vesper. o_O

oi ive not left vesper for the entire event and done the entire score on a bard/dexxer " blow my flute"

Deadpool

Grandmaster
So how many of these whiner threads are going to be made? Here's a concept: play the game, do the event, have fun with it, who gives a shit what everyone else is doing.

And, as the pics show, there's no evidence anyone's afk and the mobs are near the boat, not on it.

Please stop crying, we've run outta tissues months ago and the manufacturer can't keep up.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Szaph -- why are you the one who decides HOW an event is supposed to be done?

People stayed within the rules and used creative solutions to get the point score up -- dont try to turn this into some RP fest where if people dont do this, vesper will be destroyed.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
This event has an actual storyline, and with that, was designed for people to have fun and participate. NOT so that people can find loopholes to farm points and 'win' - These events, though they provide scoring systems, are not designed for ANY ONE PERSON to necessarily 'win' the event. Its a community event to have fun.

What's stopping you or anyone else from having fun? You are free to do the event your way - as a community event to have fun - and they are free to do it their way, for the rewards.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
What a shame. The event has been a lot of fun for me so far. It's actually refreshing seeing people working together, actually tossing a stranger a heal or cure.
I'm not sure why staff haven't issued a comment or statement in regards to this. If it's acceptable, end the speculation, If it's an undesirable action - then make it illegal or if it is illegal then dole out some justice. Either way time to end the thread.

I have to agree, this event has been a blast and it has actually brought me to play as much as possible, which isn't much because of University... However, it has been extremely fun and the environment has been very interesting to see. Therefore, I wish the staff would really consider my comment for the "NO REWARDS." I am excited to see if someone follows the idea and really considers the idea.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
What's stopping you or anyone else from having fun? You are free to do the event your way - as a community event to have fun - and they are free to do it their way, for the rewards.

This ^

It amazes me how many people get so hung up on, "They're just trying to get points! Waaah!" If you wanna just go there and have fun killing shit then go do that and don't fucking worry about what the next person is doing.

I'm really getting tired of making sense, that's not my style but fuck you people are boring.

Szaph -- why are you the one who decides HOW an event is supposed to be done?

People stayed within the rules and used creative solutions to get the point score up -- dont try to turn this into some RP fest where if people dont do this, vesper will be destroyed.

Glutt:

How EQMS chooses to play this game is not up to me. That said, you have bitched in IRC the past 4-5 days about not having people to PK/PVP because of the event. Then you blatantly said that you ONLY play to PVP - Which is fine.

That said...this is a town event designed to get players to participate together and have fun. If you truly think that ANY of these events are designed so that players can find ways to take advantage to benefit themselves, then that is in fact a sad outlook.

That said, I do not believe I have once fully said that EQMS was blatantly cheating more than I have tried to take time to logically explain why its just a sad sad situation.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Glutt:

How EQMS chooses to play this game is not up to me. That said, you have bitched in IRC the past 4-5 days about not having people to PK/PVP because of the event. Then you blatantly said that you ONLY play to PVP - Which is fine.

That said...this is a town event designed to get players to participate together and have fun. If you truly think that ANY of these events are designed so that players can find ways to take advantage to benefit themselves, then that is in fact a sad outlook.

That said, I do not believe I have once fully said that EQMS was blatantly cheating more than I have tried to take time to logically explain why its just a sad sad situation.

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Its sad because people decided to power game and climbup the XP board? If anything, you should be happy you have this safe, guard protected event at all instead of bitching because people chose to do the event in a different way than you. The entitlement is ridiculous...

So how many of these whiner threads are going to be made? Here's a concept: play the game, do the event, have fun with it, who gives a shit what everyone else is doing.

And, as the pics show, there's no evidence anyone's afk and the mobs are near the boat, not on it.

Please stop crying, we've run outta tissues months ago and the manufacturer can't keep up.

As someone who isn't a top contendor to win this event, as someone who hasn't blatantly accued EQMS of 'actual' cheating or exploiting but moreso taking advantage of the ways to supposedly 'compete' in this event, the issue is not that we shouldn't GAF what others are doing.

Players who have legitimate feedback or concern, should be heard. By telling everyone to worry about themselves and keep their feedback and concerns to themselves only actually achieves one thing: All players accused or cheating, griefing, exploiting, taking advantage, however you wish to consider what is being said, will be allowed to continue doing this.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
By telling everyone to worry about themselves and keep their feedback and concerns to themselves only actually achieves one thing: All players accused or cheating, griefing, exploiting, taking advantage, however you wish to consider what is being said, will be allowed to continue doing this.

Cool beans. Oh except no evidence of cheating has been shown here. It's just another bitching and whining thread. People are so concerned with people fucking with their fun on here yet this is literally something that effects nothing. Where's the thread, then, about Trinsic (and I apologize to them because I love them and this isn't even a dig at them) using boats to lure and fight mobs? Right, there isn't one, because it's fine that they do that. But because this is EQMS, everyone has their panties in a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.