Event exploiters

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rewards seems fair. Otherwise its just not.

If they decided to provide no potential rewards for players who have been giving a fair, strong effort to participate in this event, that is up to the staff. That said, how many of you have players here for Years, versus players who have only been here 6 months such as my self?

I don't care if no rewards are given, but since joining 6 months ago, players such as my self who are NOW comfortable with playing here, what works what doesn't, find ways to compete, etc., have Never had a chance to obtain any rewards since the eventscore system has been down, conquests has had issues, and we haven't been around long enough to participate in a Functioning event such as Xmas events, Easter, etc. etc.

Basically....everyone do what they want. I choose to play by the rules and to participate fairly. Do I think I, among other players who are fairly playing and participating should be given an opportunity to be rewarded since this hasn't been an option for us for Months? Yes.

With that said, I have AGREED with @Shane that rewards don't need to be worth millions of gold or super rare items such as items that at least reflect the work you have put into these events.

Cool beans. Oh except no evidence of cheating has been shown here. It's just another bitching and whining thread. People are so concerned with people fucking with their fun on here yet this is literally something that effects nothing. Where's the thread, then, about Trinsic (and I apologize to them because I love them and this isn't even a dig at them) using boats to lure and fight mobs? Right, there isn't one, because it's fine that they do that. But because this is EQMS, everyone has their panties in a bunch.

Please read my logical intelligent responses, and then respond to what I say, not what the OP and others have said.

I would like if you would take the time to notice that I have NOT specifically called EQMS, or ANY of the people point farming in this event direct cheaters and/or that they have been breaking any specific rules. I have simply stuck behind my concept that these events are designed for player participation, not point farming and keeping mobs to your self.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Please read my logical intelligent responses, and then respond to what I say, not what the OP and others have said.

I would like if you would take the time to notice that I have NOT specifically called EQMS, or ANY of the people point farming in this event direct cheaters and/or that they have been breaking any specific rules. I have simply stuck behind my concept that these events are designed for player participation, not point farming and keeping mobs to your self.

Fair enough. But it's still basically telling people how they should be playing. I understand you don't like it, but it doesn't mean they need to stop doing it.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
The reality is,
This is MY fault.

I didn't know you actually could keep gaining points without killing the mob.
I was the one who specifically told many people on the server and Jamie, that they could do this. Many people have been asking, however i thought they were all killing the mobs off which means they were helping the event.

This needs to go in the rules, and you guys can blame me for it.
For now on NO luring mobs from the event.

This is something that can be put in the coding maybe too for invasions. If a mob goes passed XX area of the invasion it respawns.

Please keep in mind everyone this is THE FIRST EVER Multi week invasion event we've done with talismen, reponds, and points.

There's many factors we are learning about.

What we will do here is put in the rule no more luring event mobs, no more using boats, no more using houses. Either do the event at the event, or just don't even bother.

Sound good to everyone? Good.

As for Jamies points it is hard to take away his points without pretty much taking away everyones points who is at the top with talismen just because he is EQMS. It's weird no ones pointing out anyone else on that list.

And look, i was WELL AWARE of how quickly people were going to make judgements because Jamie and Drinn are EQMS. I told Drinn right away before we even hired him that the minute EQMS wins ANY event, people are going to make some huge conspiracy over it.
Here we are.

The truth is there's no special secret way to do this event, these guys didn't get to the end of the quest first, they just used mechanics against the event which many other people who are not EQMS are also doing.
So again, this is my fault for not making rules properly for this event, it is a lesson learned. I was hoping those using boats and houses wouldn't be able to be used as much with the casting mobs and what have you.

Blair

Master
I'd like to apologize to Drinn, it was not my intention to cause such a controversy.

I spent a lot of time doing this event, and I mean a lot. I was never AFK casting spells. Ever. I was checked on by other staff members a number of times. They didn't know what character I was using ahead of time as I was using a brand new character, so there was no favoritism.

There were a few things that stuck out to me as I was participating in the beginning stages of the event. One of the big things I noticed is that a fair number of veteran players in this thread, that are upset, are generally people that I found would grief me, lure monsters I was killing, and in general make it more difficult for me to participate in the event. They would virtually stop me from participating in the event. Interesting how that works.

Needless to say I went through several different strategies of farming, some more efficient than others, but one thing remained true; anyone that saw me would mess with me and try and make my life difficult in a teamwork event. I think Sir Lothar was the only person that didn't mess with me when I asked him not to.

Obviously some things will need to be changed in the future with some of the scoring mechanics, but it's pretty sad that people are using the excuse of being outscored as a reason to quit the event. Score isn't the end all be all, sure you might get something neat at the end but so will a ton of other people. I think the drop rates are pretty low on rares so I suspect there might be some one of a kind rares going out, so keep that in mind even if you don't have a lot of time to play and farm large scores. Plus participating in a community event is supposed to be rewarding, not aggravating.

Status
Not open for further replies.