Event exploiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uofreakkk

Adept
you are checking now?

so when you said they are 100% afk you were making shit up?

cool brah

Are you naturally this stupid or making an effort.. I'm checking to see if luring things out of town is illegal not if they were afk... I seen them afking myself.

Learn to read or learn to comprehend you're lacking in both.

BEN!

Grandmaster
You're right... What was I thinking? I should be doing this too....

I, along with a dozen other guildies are in the process of luring a mob of 50 trolls to our boats as we speak. Luckily for us, we have this super complex script that checks the health of the mob we're casting on and it will stop casting on that mob when it gets down to 20% and switch to another random mob. I think 25-50 trolls should be good enough for this. Also, the script has a journal check to sound an alarm if anyone is talking or if anyone shows up on our screen so that we can properly respond when spoken to. Watch our scores rise as quickly as theirs.

please leave town and go do it

for anyone to claim they are afk is ridiculous because they got #affected people trying to kill them constantly

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I'm out... Enjoy the thread... Sorry Karl, I respect you are looking after your guild, I would do the same.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Ahhh here it is, the influx of EQMS coming to the defence.. I'll give you guys that, at least you stick together..

Because they can't accomplish anything without each other. I've seen guilds of 5-10 pull of stuff EQMS can't even do in a group of 30.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Not really, I had hardly any dealings with $, but you guys were quick enough to get bobby banned etc... Obviously you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot... Also, the original post was also based around multi-client resource gathering *resource being points*, how it moved to other areas is beyond me..

1. Bobby getting banned had nothing to do with eqms. He got a temp ban for running three account pvp in an rda with scripts. It wasn't recorded or posted by eqms.

2. The guys weren't afk

3. Again, no rules were broken

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I'm out... Enjoy the thread... Sorry Karl, I respect you are looking after your guild, I would do the same.

Honestly this has zero to do with eqms, everything to do with people making a bunch of baseless accusations against players, staff, and the shard.

People need to chill the fuck out.

Adramelech

Master
I can't understand in the SLIGHTEST why boats and houses were allowed. Definitely some exploitation of mechanics going on. Hopefully lesson learned for future events like this. Would be hilarious if the devs do something trolltastic like rewards can only be purchased once per reward.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Guess i'm setting up a boat and luring a shit ton of mobs away from vesper so I can jerkoff and gain points while pretty much doing nothing but starring at the screen and watching my points go up... Gee what an exciting event... It's not that I wasn't smart enough to think of this it's because I honestly thought something so stupid and cheap would be against the rules but apparently not.

pacrsfan

Master
You're right... What was I thinking? I should be doing this too....

I, along with a dozen other guildies are in the process of luring a mob of 50 trolls to our boats as we speak. Luckily for us, we have this super complex script that checks the health of the mob we're casting on and it will stop casting on that mob when it gets down to 20% and switch to another random mob. I think 25-50 trolls should be good enough for this. Also, the script has a journal check to sound an alarm if anyone is talking or if anyone shows up on our screen so that we can properly respond when spoken to.

Watch our scores rise as quickly as theirs.
This !!!!!!!! If this is now the only way to compete in this event then it is no longer fun and I am done.Whats the point of having all this back story and crap ,just drop a bunch of mobs somewhere and say let's see who can come up with the best way to farm pts?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Guess i'm setting up a boat and luring a shit ton of mobs away from vesper so I can jerkoff and gain points while pretty much doing nothing but starring at the screen and watching my points go up... Gee what an exciting event... It's not that I wasn't smart enough to think of this it's because I honestly thought something so stupid and cheap would be against the rules but apparently not.

good job admitting you made a bunch of cry posts without having the slightest clue what the fuck you were talking about

go cry more

Uofreakkk

Adept
This !!!!!!!! If this is now the only way to compete in this event then it is no longer fun and I am done.Whats the point of having all this back story and crap ,just drop a bunch of mobs somewhere and say let's see who can come up with the best way to farm pts?

100% agree but even if they do change it and say it's not allowed it's to late they are accumulated a ton of points and the first week is almost over so now all it will do is screw over anyone who tries to do this to catch up

100% agree but even if they do change it and say it's not allowed it's to late they are accumulated a ton of points and the first week is almost over so now all it will do is screw over anyone who tries to do this to catch up

*Being Sarcastic* JOIN EQMS TODAY ! ONLY 200K ! FREE POINT FARMING !

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I don't think it's a rules issue I think it's a scoring issue. They need to:

1. Get rid of public scoreboard.

2. Set up diminishing returns so people aren't incentivized to farm 20 hours a day

in the past the only way to win these events was to dedicate a ton of time and/or power game the fuck out of the mechanics. Same with this event.

I don't think it's a rules issue I think it's a scoring issue. They need to:

1. Get rid of public scoreboard.

2. Set up diminishing returns so people aren't incentivized to farm 20 hours a day

in the past the only way to win these events was to dedicate a ton of time and/or power game the fuck out of the mechanics. Same with this event.

You basically pointed out the reality of how these events work versus what is actually happening:

Players who DO have free time and can dedicate that time to these events should be rewarded via the time and effort to PROPERLY play these events.

I had said it once, I will say it again: If you think these events are designed specifically to find loopholes to farm points, VERSUS, participating to kill the mobs and 'take back vesper' as the event was designed, You're a *.

This has been the best event on this server since I started playing here 6 months ago. A lot of time was put into this event. The mob spawns have been continuously adjusted to make the event manageable by players who are working together to defeat the giants and win back vesper.

How can you find enjoyment in these events in only a way in which benefits you and/or your guild in a way that in no way actually participates in defeating the giants and enjoying the event as it was designed for players to enjoy?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
You basically pointed out the reality of how these events work versus what is actually happening:

Players who DO have free time and can dedicate that time to these events should be rewarded via the time and effort to PROPERLY play these events.

I had said it once, I will say it again: If you think these events are designed specifically to find loopholes to farm points, VERSUS, participating to kill the mobs and 'take back vesper' as the event was designed, You're a *.

This has been the best event on this server since I started playing here 6 months ago. A lot of time was put into this event. The mob spawns have been continuously adjusted to make the event manageable by players who are working together to defeat the giants and win back vesper.

How can you find enjoyment in these events in only a way in which benefits you and/or your guild in a way that in no way actually participates in defeating the giants and enjoying the event as it was designed for players to enjoy?

the one argument I hear that I absolutely loathe:

"*tsk tsk* you're playing UO wrong, you should be doing it like this"

Its a sandbox game, people get to play how they want. If they want to power game, they can. If they want to RP they can. People are allowed to do what is fun for them.

The problem is you get certain greedy as fuck people who can't stand that someone else has more points than them.

@bradley- had a bunch of people calling foul on him during the trin invasion because he played it a shitload and had guildies luring spawn so his meta could tank it.

These complaints (they happen LITERALLY EVERY EVENT) have little to do with how points are accumulated and a whole lot to do with 'omg this guy is winning more than me, better form a lynch mob'.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
So, EQMS has been exploiting this event... Luring mobs outside of vesper with an alt, while sitting on a boat with a nox field/ebolt macro running.. If this is allowed, I'm quitting this event. These two different EQMS members have raked up millions and millions of points doing this. Its a slap in the face to everyone trying to compete in this event legitimately.

16peo1.jpg

fk3793.png

oa3eyg.png

jjo31l.jpg

chars are, Nerd Overlord/Heavy Squats
Agata de Luca/Dirty Politician

@Shane
@eppy

There is always going to be people who exploit and ruin it for everyone, therefore, I think that there should be NO rewards handed out for this and it be made as an event for fun! Some people have zero respect towards the hard work that was put into creating an event for all of us fellow players, it also allows people to be "Trammies" and play in a safe zone! The staff are unable to maintain and watch for people like this, which makes it unfair for the honest players who attempt to play and earn everything honestly. Therefore, thank you staff, but consider making this event for FUN!!!! NO REWARDS. :) It is a blast and challenging at times. :) Not everything needs to have a reward, the gold on the monsters is enough in itself. :)

Kael

Master
What a shame. The event has been a lot of fun for me so far. It's actually refreshing seeing people working together, actually tossing a stranger a heal or cure.
I'm not sure why staff haven't issued a comment or statement in regards to this. If it's acceptable, end the speculation, If it's an undesirable action - then make it illegal or if it is illegal then dole out some justice. Either way time to end the thread.

Memphist

Grandmaster
A other problem is if such guys farm a lot of points with this tactic, the staff makes the rewards expensive. Other guys which hunting the mobs dont get so many points and cant get the rewards .

Status
Not open for further replies.