Event exploiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Ya if this is allowed I think I'm done with this event.While Drinn may have done nothing wrong it sure appears as though he's allowing his guild mates an advantage in his event.Sometimes perception is more important that reality.This is one of those cases.And before you respond Glutts know that I could care less what you think.Calling people names like trammy seems to be your only response when you have no arguement.
@Shane @eppy @drinn

I agree... Either it's not allowed and they should be punished or if it is allowed everyone is gonna start doing it and it's going to be a lame event for everyone who is doing it the "CORRECT" way.

BEN!

Grandmaster
they are doing the event

they aren't afk, that is just bullshit EQMS haters are "100%" making up

chill out

Uofreakkk

Adept
Allowing his guild mates an advantage? How so? Is there something stopping you from doing this? How is this an advantage to his guild and not every player?

Use your head... no one was doing this because it's obviously not how you are suppose to do the event. If it is deemed legal then I will for sure start doing this and so will others eventually it ending up with people acquiring millions of points and not even being in the even area to do it. While the people doing it the "CORRECT" way will get screwed by it.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Actually you are allowed to use your house as long as you don't afk macro doing it

Can i use my house for this event?
Yes, you may use your house at your own willing. HOWEVER if you in any way shape or form are using your house to AFK grind up event points during this event you will instantly banned, and fire walled. There will be a ZERO tolerance with this.

Even if luring mobs isn't illegal they were 100% afk doing it and should be jailed period and have their points taken away Like cino was. I can think of a few ways to exploit this even, doesn't mean I'm going to do it just because it wasn't posted not to do it....

so actually what you're saying is they weren't breaking any rules, and that you don't mind saying things like 'they were 100% afk doing it' when you have absolutely no evidence and are ignoring that people with high scores get checked on regularly?

like literally all this info is just a bunch of crybabies going on about people doing shit that is explicitly NOT against the rules and saying it is, or just making shit up

@bradley- and @Darkarna wtf is the cry fest about eqms about all the sudden? Are you guys like team Blaine or something?

the whole premise that there is some eqms 'flubinati' effect, GMs protecting eqms, eqms getting 'insider info on how to cheat' (by luring mobs and fielding them? Oh wow what a crazy idea no one could come up with that without gm intervention).

A whole thread of no evidence and a whole fuckload of tears. What a surprise for the UOF forums.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Use your head... no one was doing this because it's obviously not how you are suppose to do the event. If it is deemed legal then I will for sure start doing this and so will others eventually it ending up with people acquiring millions of points and not even being in the even area to do it.

hey guess what it's not breaking any rules so it's legal

go rp the event or whatever you *

Darkarna

Grandmaster
There are 2 rules for this event:

1. Do not afk macro anything that will get you event score.
2. Do not trap mobs on a boat or in a house.

Can you explain which of these 2 rules are being broken here?

Its actually quite sad how upset people are about this... fucking trammy fgts.

Luring mobs has never been deemed illegal for this event. Putting them on a boat or in a house is.
No one was doing this afk, if they were, they would be punished like everyone else.

You need to calm down buddy, try having some fun.

What else do you expect? People are real fast to jump to conclusions but with the amount of people currently saying the same thing, it is becoming harder and harder to disprove the criticism. This direction was always going to be a problem, the amount of complaints and people moaning about certain guilds, eventually something will crack and this is a prime example of that crack.

What you need to do, as a Guild Leader, is investigate this properly and if you find the allegations here to be true, you need to sort it out. At least showing that you are interested in other players here, you will get a much needed positive response. If you find out that people are exploiting, then you need to dish out some punishment yourself, you will get a LOT more respect this way, calling people trammy fgts will obviously just fuel the fire more until people complain to staff, clogging up their time. At least look into properly man..

Salsa

Grandmaster
Use your head... no one was doing this because it's obviously not how you are suppose to do the event. If it is deemed legal then I will for sure start doing this and so will others eventually it ending up with people acquiring millions of points and not even being in the even area to do it. While the people doing it the "CORRECT" way will get screwed by it.

Deemed legal? Use your fucking head. This is the second time you've brought up your shitty opinions of what is legal and what isn't.

Nothing illegal is happening here. Nothing. Get over it.

pacrsfan

Master
Allowing his guild mates an advantage? How so? Is there something stopping you from doing this? How is this an advantage to his guild and not every player?
I though this was suppose to be a cool event to save Vesper not a points farming event.

Salsa

Grandmaster
What else do you expect? People are real fast to jump to conclusions but with the amount of people currently saying the same thing, it is becoming harder and harder to disprove the criticism. This direction was always going to be a problem, the amount of complaints and people moaning about certain guilds, eventually something will crack and this is a prime example of that crack.

What you need to do, as a Guild Leader, is investigate this properly and if you find the allegations here to be true, you need to sort it out. At least showing that you are interested in other players here, you will get a much needed positive response. If you find out that people are exploiting, then you need to dish out some punishment yourself, you will get a LOT more respect this way, calling people trammy fgts will obviously just fuel the fire more until people complain to staff, clogging up their time. At least look into properly man..

LOL

Uofreakkk

Adept
Deemed legal? Use your fucking head. This is the second time you've brought up your shitty opinions of what is legal and what isn't.

Nothing illegal is happening here. Nothing. Get over it.

Guess we will find out i'm checking now... you better hope you are right or you are gonna look pretty fucking stupid.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
As much as it sucks to see purple cheese an event it is hard to put blame on the players. I expect players to try to get an advantage and be smarter than everyone else. The rules have changed a couple times and people have adapted. The staff needs to be on top of ensuring that if people are doing something they don't like that they adjust the rules or the mechanics. I find it odd that some of the people complaining are the same people that scream player driven solution all the time.

Do I think sitting on a boat should be allowed. Nope. Is it currently within the rules. Yup.

This really should be a discussion to change the rules not to punish people currently working within the rules.

As to the accusations of favoritism I would say it is likely a product of the size of the guild and not anything to do with staff. If anything Cino has received the most favoritism as he was caught afk and did not receive a full event ban as was stated. I'm not saying he should have as I have seen him working the event hard but zero tolerance becomes impossible to enforce once you make an exception.

PS. Before anyone says it. I have not stepped foot in a boat or house or anything.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

yes it's gluts responsibility to disprove an endless stream of people whining about stuff that is neither against the shard rules nor the event rules. That makes a lot of sense.

How would he even disprove it? Have drinn and the rest of the staff make an official statement? Have them deposed before a court? 24/7 video monitoring?

Here's a better idea: all these fucking crybaby conspiracy theorists get a grip on reality and lay off the 'omg cheaters corrupt staff!!!' bullshit until there an actual rule being broken.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
someone is upset about $'s demise

Not really, I had hardly any dealings with $, but you guys were quick enough to get bobby banned etc... Obviously you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot... Also, the original post was also based around multi-client resource gathering *resource being points*, how it moved to other areas is beyond me..

bradley-

Grandmaster
@bradley- and @Darkarna wtf is the cry fest about eqms about all the sudden?

You're right... What was I thinking? I should be doing this too....

I, along with a dozen other guildies are in the process of luring a mob of 50 trolls to our boats as we speak. Luckily for us, we have this super complex script that checks the health of the mob we're casting on and it will stop casting on that mob when it gets down to 20% and switch to another random mob. I think 25-50 trolls should be good enough for this. Also, the script has a journal check to sound an alarm if anyone is talking or if anyone shows up on our screen so that we can properly respond when spoken to.

Watch our scores rise as quickly as theirs.

Edit: I'm also done with this event.. It's not worth it.... In the end, the people who actually kill shit in town are going to get screwed while the people who exploit their way to the top 'win' it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.