Errors so far with new boating system

Keltonator

Grandmaster
I crashed probably 10 times yesterday while just sailing around. Resyncing about every 5-10 secs, this shouldn't happen. Not sure what the problem is, probably that I still use razor? Looks like it's time to upgrade to steam.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Okay what the hell?

I log in.. Have my galleon and large dragon ship in my pack. Double click the dragon ship to place it into the water.. Aaaannnnd it disappears. Completely gone. Not in my bag, not in the bank.. just gone. Double click the galleon and a check gets deposited into my bag for the price of the ship. Luckily I wasn't in a spot where I would be worried about the check going bye-bye.

I'd like my large dragon ship back please!

I guess the water is kind of off limits until it's all sorted out and ships don't disappear on you :p

Looking forward to see what the changes are though. Sounds interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Okay had to reread this thread and @Skye Wolfbane I missed the part about the gold for galleons being returned.

What about the mysterious disappearing ships though? Will they be returned or are they gone for good?

Keltonator

Grandmaster
From my understanding, you should have received a deed for a new ship. If not, I'd ask a GM about it. The change went into effect while I was actually at sea, and my ship disappeared right out from under me and I was Jesus for a minute standing on water. Had to use the help-stuck option, got teleported to town, checked my bank and had a deed for a new ship. Take the deed to the water and double click it to place the ship. When you dock it again it appears as the little model ship, not the deed anymore.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I am open to input.

Sorry i know u put a lot of time and effort into this and i dont mean to piss on the expansion but i have a few issues.

- The ships move way to fast it just doesn't feel right ( kinda like speed boats)

- idk why but i dont feel the new control system would it be possible to choose 1 or the other? (idk about other people i like the old control system )

- You can no longer repair/take control of peoples ships after u sink them and you can not "sneak aboard other peoples ships using the gang planks anymore to stalk them waiting for the prime time to kill them. ( this is what makes UO Pirates so great IMO)

I can see it has great potential but also it could use some tweaks the pirate faces of UOF HAR guild esp yoar the people who use the sea the most are kinda getting there whole game play nerfed.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
yeah i crashed a bunch yesterday. so the planks are totally gone? so much for boating pets :D
No fucking way will they take away the ability to boat pets.. The outcry and background pms begging to bring it back would be like a nuclear blast. In time, I'm sure it will be fixed.

oomf

Grandmaster
yeah i crashed a bunch yesterday. so the planks are totally gone? so much for boating pets :D

I wouldn't put a pet you wanted to keep on a boat right now anyways, it'll probably get stuck in the sea.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Okay had to reread this thread and @Skye Wolfbane I missed the part about the gold for galleons being returned.

What about the mysterious disappearing ships though? Will they be returned or are they gone for good?

You should have gotten a whitesh/gray looking deed in your backpack. The galleon gold should have went right into your bank. Take a look again.

halygon

Grandmaster
I also want people to be encouraged to invest in a large galleon. But speed beats anything at sea. Heavy cannons are useless if the prey is twice as fast as you. Also, the most experienced sailor on a medium classic can never outrun a newbie sailor on a small classic. It's less about the sailing skill and more about the type of boat you pick. In the end, everyone will go for the fastest boat, which is boring.
While I am sure that things may be tweaked over time as more and more great input is brought in by you guys that use ships the most, I can definitely say that big ships have a good place at sea. During testing with Adam, I used the small boat, and was quite good with it, destroying multiple ships by just out-maneuvering them and using my cannons with deadly force. Then Adam showed up with a large galleon fully equiped. While I was able to get a volley or so on him, he just quickly turned in my direction and sunk me with one try.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Took my new boat out. Died. Because of cannons, I couldn't run around the mast and the deep elee destroyed me. Used ring. Grabbed a bigger boat. Went to mib spot, killed deep from a distance. Couldn't board my other ship. This is when i noticed that I had no key to the boat. How do I recall back and forth to my boat now? Became increasingly confused about new boat system. Wondered what scuttle ship option was. Now I'm down two boats. Still confused.

oomf

Grandmaster
Took my new boat out. Died. Because of cannons, I couldn't run around the mast and the deep elee destroyed me. Used ring. Grabbed a bigger boat. Went to mib spot, killed deep from a distance. Couldn't board my other ship. This is when i noticed that I had no key to the boat. How do I recall back and forth to my boat now? Became increasingly confused about new boat system. Wondered what scuttle ship option was. Now I'm down two boats. Still confused.

Damn sounds like a nightmare.

Yoar

Adept
While I am sure that things may be tweaked over time as more and more great input is brought in by you guys that use ships the most, I can definitely say that big ships have a good place at sea. During testing with Adam, I used the small boat, and was quite good with it, destroying multiple ships by just out-maneuvering them and using my cannons with deadly force. Then Adam showed up with a large galleon fully equiped. While I was able to get a volley or so on him, he just quickly turned in my direction and sunk me with one try.

It makes sense that attacking a galleon on a small is a bad idea. The point that I'm trying to make is that on a galleon, you have a really hard time interacting with people (that are on faster boats). Thus making galleons unwanted for pirates and RPers.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Fattson..the ships if they were sunk should be in your bank. Did you try to embark onto your boat from the other boat? By saying "Embark" and then targeting ship? I know they're talking about grappling hooks so that may be how one would do this eventually.

kristina

Master
I found out the hard way ships aren't repairable and lost a large dragon ship :( but all is well when being dumb like i was and pushing the limits!
I said "skuttle" ship just to see what happened (I love testing the limits too) and my ship went into my bank. However, I had two ships disappear (the old model) from characters back packs. One was replaced by Adam :) - my sweatheart - I'll get the other replaced today when I get off of work... IF the big snow storm hitting Iowa doesn't keep ME down. (not likley - I am a midwestern girl - ftw!)

Fattson

Grandmaster
Fattson..the ships if they were sunk should be in your bank. Did you try to embark onto your boat from the other boat? By saying "Embark" and then targeting ship? I know they're talking about grappling hooks so that may be how one would do this eventually.
It was in there. Thanks Skye.

Vendetta

Apprentice
I have an error with the new system. I lost everything because I put all of my shit on my boat so that my other character can just gather it and transfer it into his bank. I tried this on the night/morning this whole boat system went into effect and my ship was deleted. I tried to recall back onto it with the key and it isnt there. then i took the new ship deed that appeared in my bank when this whole this happened and took it out to the spot I left my ship and couldnt find it. Then as i was scanning the area Shane came to talk to me and then the server went down for 5 minutes . That was yesterday and I still have no answer. Am I getting my items back? Ive tried telling you in forums and in game what happened and what I lost yet it looks like private conversations on the forum are not answered and i sit in the help queue for several hours waiting for an answer.

And yes, I lock the ship on both sides. ive played this damn game since 97. im not ********.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Eh you're probably boned but the community here has a soft spot for people who get bones like that. Make a list of what you lost and I bet a few good stewards will step up and help ya out.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Even before the changes, boats could be sunk. Keeping a lot of things in a hold isn't a good idea regardless.
You cannot recall to old boats from keys.
Please keep the thread on topic. We're looking for constructive suggestions or concerns in regards to the new system and how it operates.