Errors so far with new boating system

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Actually several others during that battle were as well. I was good but about 3 people kept crashing every few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keltonator

Grandmaster
It's a tinker not a BS or Carpenter... it threw me off too because I couldn't find any way to repair. Luckily my crafter is GM in a lot of things and I found it. Still, there's nothing in the help file telling you where to repair your boat. It's player made not bought from a vendor, which I actually give thumbs up too.
Yeah, I found the thread about which skill it take to make everything after I posted that.

And yeah, I'm having the crashing issue as well. :(

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Read this carefully..especially No. 1. I think this is a good fix. Worked for our members.

MY SOLUTION:May not be the fixed, but it worked for me

1. UNINSTALL ALL uo's , every other freeshard or osi uninstall, but first you need to save your chr macros by going to documents-elec arts- USER DATA save the whole file.Also, save your steam files in program files under UOS go to profile and all your toons macros for steam will be there, copy them all and put them in a file with your uo macros.

2. after you have no uo on your cpu, Run the new patcher , it will say no version of uo detected, then you go to your program files and select ok( it will save uo under program files after you highlight it) then the patcher says INSTALL UO instead of PLAY

3. let it install AND UNZIP, i jumped the gun and extracted the zip folder instead of letting the UOF patcher extract it by itself

4. start uo log in then log out( this is jsut to create the steam folder in your uo file) then copy your macros and isnter into steam, and the new user data file
install uof patcher from

http://uoforever.com/patches/UOFLauncher.exe

Apparantly with my multiple clients all the updates were going towards the wrong uo. Probably an error I made when I first installed UO

lost

Grandmaster
Or what you can do is simply rename your UO directory, I simply added X at the end. And then use the UOF launcher to install the game. You can now use your steam or razor to pick which directory you want to use. I use one for boats n one for everything else lol. Worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
OK, so now you don't go tile by tile, but "forward one" doesn't allow you to go tile by tile when needed. Slow forward, right, etc. just moves you in that direction. But if I have to choose, I'll take the fast movement over having to go tile by tile.

Not being able to issue voice commands and not being able to fish once you've taken the helm has me just using UO Rudder.

Lastly, and I don't really care about this, my boat isn't recording the number of MiBs fished up.

lost

Grandmaster
UNUtXsY.png

wil3ur

Grandmaster
So I've noticed that when you load your cannons, they offload back onto you when you drydock your boat, which makes some sense, I guess... so my suggestion is "Safe Harbors" Make "guard zones" around the docks and "Harbor Masters" like the stables for your pets where you can dock your larger vessels with more cannons safely and not have to worry about getting 800stone of iron dropped on your character.

Also, you get 1 more cannon ball back than you loaded in.

lost

Grandmaster
yeah earlier the cannonballs dry docked and forced my boat onto the ground.. someone grabbed it and i had to pay for it. its pretty annoying.

the cannonballs always go in your bag first so your boat falls out.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
...also I kind of think my initial idea is better than trying to find a fix for keeping loaded cannons for the fact that you can be a trammy docking in town, but it's still nomans land going out on the high seas and you've got decisions to make while boating.

[EDIT] it'd also make shipping lanes near ports lucrative pirating grounds.

Bongzilla

Master
Seriously, what pirate use's a galleon anyways? Havent yall ever actually paid attention to pirate legend? Blackbeard used sloops pirate alley used a schooner. Smaller is smarter. :)