Errors so far with new boating system

Vendetta

Apprentice
Even before the changes, boats could be sunk. Keeping a lot of things in a hold isn't a good idea regardless.
You cannot recall to old boats from keys.
Please keep the thread on topic. We're looking for constructive suggestions or concerns in regards to the new system and how it operates.
I was able to recall onto my boat from the key multiple times... Have you ever tried it?

Also how could the boat have been sunk?
I also did not have it along any shore line. I had it in a precise spot just outside of the maps (alt r +alt r) view away from an island.

As for what was on it: a 1.2 mil check, statues (terenthian avenger, matriarch, warrior, green xmas ogre), Archery weapons, archery ammo, some rares, a lot of T-Maps, and a lot of skill scrolls, one power scroll. Honestly Id just ask the staff for 1.5mil and id be content with it all. Its just not hearing anything since it happened while knowing it happened because the ship was deleted when the new system was put it. ive talked with other people and their ships disappeared too. all ships were replaced with a grey "new ship deed" that has blank tiles all around it when placed.

Phineas

Master
You should have gotten a whitesh/gray looking deed in your backpack. The galleon gold should have went right into your bank. Take a look again.
This isn't a case of not looking hard enough Skye.. I lost a large dragon ship yesterday also... And I believe Yoar lost a couple as well.. THIS IS A BUG OR GLITCH OF SOME SORT. Thx

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I had looked for my ship in bags, house chests, and yes, of course my bank. A GM in game was nice enough to just place a deed in my bank. The check for the galleon did not go to the bank when I went to use that one first, but into my pack. Banked that really quick..

Luckily when the Dragon ship disappeared I stopped and didn't go on other characters to try to use them. I haven't tried out the new boating stuff but after reading everything I think my sails will be lowered for now.

On the plus side it gives me time to work on a tamer; plenty of time to fix the boating stuff. And end world hunger. And solve the mystery of existence. And see the heat death of the universe.

Too much? Nah. Taming shouldn't take that long.

Will it? :)

Staff

Young Player Help
1) Boat speeds have been mostly normalized.
2) Boat runes have been added in.
3) Ship will not sink when driven over another ship while it is sinking ;)
4) Ships will now cross the server lines once more.
5) The out of sync issue with fasts ships and taking the helm has been fixed.
6) Pets will now embark and disembark properly.

Edit * please page in about large dragon ships. There was an issue when they were converted, which is why people are missing them.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
Edit * please page in about large dragon ships. There was an issue when they were converted, which is why people are missing them.
Is this the same thing that affected medium dragon ships? Mine converted into a medium normal ship.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
What's the command to release the helm? I disembarked my ship but my character was still piloting the vessel, very weird. I can't seem to locate a list of boat commands.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Leave the helm.
That happened to me the first time. Freaked me out, thought someone was on my boat.
So when you want to dock, it's Drop Anchor, Leave the helm, disembark.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Well, I logged out then back in trying to release the helm that way... now I'm stuck in a wall off my boat and cannot move. :(

wil3ur

Grandmaster
So fun stuff... Do NOT log out if you have the helm. When you log back in, you'll be off of your boat a few screens away and still locked to the hull. Any movement will move your boat independently of the character.

You can also disembark from your ship while still having the helm, and ghost ride the whip that way too... Very freaky.

I was able to teleport back across the map to where my boat was, embark, leave the helm, and dock it successfully afterwards, but still... watch out.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Am I the only one that is having huge issues with razor crashing while on boats now? It's seriously like every few minutes. Seems to be more often the closer to land I get though.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Lame. My next thought was start using steam, guess I don't have to worry about setting up all my hotkeys again then.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Do you only receive booty if there's something in the ships hold, or is it a random chance to drop something?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Noticing that the boat stats for Booty, Players/Boats Killed, MiBs recovered, etc. is reset upon drydocking.

(EDIT) Officer's/Deck hands list is cleared as well.

Tydeus

Master
I crash frequently as well using Razor. All of my lengthy fishing macros were created in Razor and so I'm not switching to Steam. The 1 tile off glitch is still there and using Razor to re-sync doesn't fix it. Improvements to ship speed may seem nice, but honestly, I never had much of a problem just organizing all of my MiBs into four different quadrants and only doing them when I had 70+ MiBs for any quadrant, which made the ship speed not much of an issue, as the MiBs would be so close to each other that pulling them up meant very little sailing time to get to them. And, when it did take some time, I would be going through the chests and sorting through items elsewhere while sailing to the next spot or waiting for the water elementals to spawn.

Tydeus

Master
On a side note, you can do what I do on a Galleon while collecting the MiBs since speed isn't much of an issue when you've got them all organized into quadrants and in large numbers.