Errors so far with new boating system

wil3ur

Grandmaster
For whatever reason, your ship loses 20 points all around when launching it making it need immediate repairs. Boat cannot then be drydocked again without said repairs. The overall repair system is pretty cool, I just think the immediate damage sucks.

lost

Grandmaster
I noticed this too, had to go find a repair kit aka make one but yeah what? only thing that came to my boat was serpents and eles

halygon

Grandmaster
Adam told me it was a glitch in the leveling system that he would have worked out soon. @halygon don't forget cannon balls!
Oh I will have cannon balls like crazy once I can get more iron ingots. These new craftables take a lot of resources. 400 ingots alone for the superb repair kit

Tydeus

Master
I think boats were refreshed before by opening the plank, which is now missing. I'd suggest that opening the storage hatch refreshes the new boats, or double clicking on the tiller man if you're an officer. Hopefully this will not require a whole new boat wipe.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
But you can't dock it if it's damaged, so if you lack the money or resources to repair it, it will decay and you're fucked. Which, in an RP sense is accurate I suppose. A small leak could sink a ship over time, blah blah..

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
But you can't dock it if it's damaged, so if you lack the money or resources to repair it, it will decay and you're fucked. Which, in an RP sense is accurate I suppose. A small leak could sink a ship over time, blah blah..

Oh damn. This is kind of cool but not all at the same time.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
And I've just discovered how gay this damage thing is. 10k for a repair kit that I have to use every single time I want to dock my ship.. Are you serious?

lost

Grandmaster
10k?? The simple repair kit is 100 iron ingots with like 25 charges. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malkraven

Grandmaster
And I've just discovered how gay this damage thing is. 10k for a repair kit that I have to use every single time I want to dock my ship.. Are you serious?
10k? it takes 5 damage to each section and repair kit is 30 charges for 100 ingots?

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Anyone fish up a chest from one of those whirlpools? We did last night, were able to open with LP, but only way to get items out was using steal. couldn't break the chest, move it or anything. had to abandon my ticket at 2am last night, and now no boat.

Tydeus

Master
Anyone still crashing? I crashed a few times, but when I got pirated just now, all my clients crashed so I couldn't do anything to defend myself...

Keltonator

Grandmaster
The only ones I found on a vendor were priced at 10k. I don't have a smith so I can't make my own. Guess I'll be doing that now.

wil3ur

Grandmaster

This is fine if your boat is actually damaged... but taking 20 points off for placing your boat seems fucked... Now I have a GM tinker so not that bad, but still...

wil3ur

Grandmaster
The only ones I found on a vendor were priced at 10k. I don't have a smith so I can't make my own. Guess I'll be doing that now.

It's a tinker not a BS or Carpenter... it threw me off too because I couldn't find any way to repair. Luckily my crafter is GM in a lot of things and I found it. Still, there's nothing in the help file telling you where to repair your boat. It's player made not bought from a vendor, which I actually give thumbs up too.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Well when in a ship battle we all seem to crash every 30 seconds. Seems fine when the boats arn't moving but once we start going its insta crash half the time.