Can I have fun please?

Cleophus

Expert
There are so many ways to protect yourself, a ton of items are blessed here and they have provided many ways for people to be safe and smart. Bank at the docks or a lesser used bank; I bank at east brit and I very rarely have a problem. If you want to play safer, make a hiding and stealth character; I did that with my bard and I love it. Most times I can walk around and escape AND when I die I can easily get to my body again, it really reduced my worry but its still exciting. Also, after you put certain safety methods into action you need to have the right expectations. You need to know that you will get pked sometimes and possibly many times on a bad day, it happens to everyone. Just be smart, don't go places that are filled with pks, use stealth, recall and be wary of anyone. I think they have done a nice job with this game so far. This game isn't only about fighting the mobs and it shouldn't try to be.

yeh its incredibly exciting to die in a dungeon with your pvm char. i hear this "its so exciting" argument so often. why is that fun again?

there are so many events that guilds cannot run here just because some idiot pks would ruin them quickly. thats what i pity the most.

yeh its incredibly exciting to die in a dungeon with your pvm char. i hear this "its so exciting" argument so often. why is that fun again?

there are so many events that guilds cannot run here just because some idiot pks would ruin them quickly. thats what i pity the most.

The exciting part is not the dying, its the living. You know how boring it would get if you could just sit and kill the same shit over and over again all day with no threat whatsoever? Its exciting having that threat that someone just might come up and get you if you are not careful. Its not very exciting when they actually do get you. Its exciting when they are CHASING you, its not exciting when they catch you. Its that sigh of relief as you recalled away with 10 HP and you had your favorite vanq repond on you, its not that knot you get in your stomach when you just lost your favorite vanq repond.

How many times do people have to tell you that this is not a trammel server and never will be? Its the THREATS that make it exciting, its not the dying. The THREATS make it fun. Fun to actually get out of the dungeon maxed out with that 12k gold. If you dont find any of this true, why do you play?

Matthew II

Journeyman
I can understand the frustration new players feel but its about adapting to the environment too maximize your potential. I came back to this game on this server after being away since 98 and had no knowledge of macroing, where to farm, builds, etc etc etc. I researched how to do things via google and a few questions here and there but figured things out on my own.

Ive been back about 2 months and have 2 houses, GM tamer and over 1 million gold in the bank. Its not hard, just requires a little research and time invested to get the hang of things.

Did I get pk'ed along the way? Hell ya but I took that as a learning experience and adapted my play style.

Do I still get pk'ed? Sometimes (mostly by zerg) but I usually can get away or my pets will drop the pk while I chain greater heal/heal on myself.

Best advice, man up and learn from your loss to avoid the same mistake in the future. Crying about it only makes it worse.

Akesha

Novice
i think the point is, there are too much bad guys here, there is no balance.

i dont hunt anymore, only doing gardening and crafting.... well and playing not much anymore.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Oh well - it was nice while it last! See you on another server...
Hey man. I didn't get a chance to meet you, but thanks for giving it a try.

Even if (an impossible if) your idea was implemented, too many high donators would rage quit. PKing to the fullest is what they want, and they are the ones endorsing it. Trammel won't ever happen regardless, however. That is a staple in UOF that the staff will never change. UOF is all about risking your ass for that dolla. Basically, if you can't deal with getting eaten alive, you can't play here.

If you stick around, hmu. I can show you many ways of staying alive and making millions whilst rarely seeing reds. Hope you find what you're looking for in a UO experience.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

Bunnky

Grandmaster

i dont hunt anymore, only doing gardening and crafting.... well and playing not much anymore.
Gardening you say? I'm also a gardener.. Maybe we could make some plant trades sometime! ;)

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

Sarphus

Journeyman

For the first 2 months of OSI UO I played a character that ran to the dungeon, picked chests there to loot non-magic gear and then ran back to town to sell the crap for gold. The excitement of my playstyle was that I did it in despise and there were almost always pks in front of despise killing everyone they could as they ran back to Britain. It was AWESOME trying to survive. I had virtually no way to kill anyone... the fun was trying to survive.

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster

Because without this risk of dying or being stolen from, it becomes trammel.. and pretty much just like every other mmo that has come out since UO released. It just isn't fun any more when there is no risk of death or loss.. It is like playing a game with invulnerability cheats.. It gets boring and old quick.

Not true. The staff has been really involved and has helped guilds hold events (like the chicken fighting events) and have prevented idiots from ruining these events. Don't be so quick to assume. Immerse yourself in the server and give it a shot before you rush to judgment.. If you are repeatedly getting killed some where.. Try a different spot to hunt... Or join a guild/start your own guild, and get a group together to combat those who are giving you problems.. This is all part of the game and what makes it fun.

heresaucer

Neophyte

I'm new, but I really dont see this. I make my gold exclusively from hunting and I rarely get pk'd, I get chased and attacked but I rarely die from it. It's not like I hunt in low traffic areas out in the world, I hunt in the main dungeons with the most PK traffic(Shame, Despise, Deceit). It's just so easy to recall out and pay attention to incoming names.

Yeah your going to get PK'd, its going to happen but the vast majority of the time your going to be able to recall out before you even get touched. Hunting risk free, while it might seem like a nice idea is boring as hell. I can almost AFK farm on Atlantic Trammel. It sucks.

I know I'm new, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful. But I dont understand why people are having so much trouble getting away from PK's.

50/50 robbed 75/25 killed w00t w00t i love UO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What fun would there be in this game without any looming threats? I farm for hours and rarely get PK'd. There are many things to do, know where the PK's will be coming from first off, fight mobs so you can see their names appear before they can cast on you. Maybe fight mobs that dont cast, so you can have a MR up to recall out. Dont get all mad if you get pk'd, at least there isnt a lot of grief from the PK's here. 95% of the time if i get PK'd i can just stand there, let them take what they want, they will rez me, i say thanks, and they give back most of my stuff.

Every server has their own form of PK (unless its trammel, in which case you should maybe opt for a dumbed down trammie game like FFXIV) at least people here are generally nice.

Being thieved from, this is a no brainer man. Why are you carrying shit the thieves want in the first place? Banking at WBB? are you serious? If i were a thief i wouldnt even do any stealing there, cuz there is nothing to get. No one is dumb enough to carry good loots at WBB. You should look into banking somewhere you can recall in, instantly say bank and you get a banker. You can recall inside the bank possibly, behind a wall, i mean there are so many ways to do it.

Anyways, if you do leave, definitely have fun. But in your next server selection choice search for keyword "Trammel" or you are going to have the same problems wherever you go.
People here are generally nice? I havent been pk'd yet without being dry looted and left to find my own res. I would like to know where all these "nice" pks are. I still havent found a pk yet who is a real pvper and not a greifer. No wonder they all complain about being insta-statted.....

GendR

Neophyte
I don't understand what people are expecting when they join a shard like this? The homepage clearly states "Bring back that feeling of risk and reward, death and triumph" and on top of that if you do 5 minutes of research you would clearly know what kind of shard you are joining.

I started playing UO when I was 7 and did less complaining when I got slaughtered than I'm seeing in this thread alone. Just sad what gamers expect out of a video game these days.

Couldn't be fucked reading this garbage, but i feel like trammies that winge about pks are like single mothers on welfare complaining about the government introducing work for the dole initiatives....

They want everything handed to them, whilst they lay around (on their back) and fuck the economy....

heresaucer

Neophyte
Couldn't be fucked reading this garbage, but i feel like trammies that winge about pks are like single mothers on welfare complaining about the government introducing work for the dole initiatives....

They want everything handed to them, whilst they lay around (on their back) and fuck the economy....

Hah, I dont think that is true. It takes some getting use to, having to be on the look out constantly while your hunting. The whole time your thinking how nice it would be, to NOT have to look over you shoulder for a red constantly. More so if your use to playing in Trammel where it's a safe risk free grind out for items.

I think alot of people talk themselves out of hunting in dungeons, because of PK's or they think that all reds must be really good at PvP so they don't stand a chance(Which is not the case AT ALL). Instead of just getting out there, they play it safe because they dont want to lose 1k armor and some regs.

I'm sure thats not the case with everyone, and maybe I'm seeing it wrong. But it looks like alot of people are making PK's into something they aren't, and letting them limit their game in a major way for no reason.

So yeah, pvp is pretty weak here....

If you dont have posioning or alchemy, you lose. I dont understand why poison wins out everytime, but it does. Just pick up a poison dexer and u will never worry again.

Edit: ive been here a little over a month. Everytime i die to a PK, he is a pioson dexer. Greater cure only cures greater poison at 80% (mines been more like 40%,) so just used deadly poison. Its instawin-easymode....

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
So yeah, pvp is pretty weak here....

If you dont have posioning or alchemy, you lose. I dont understand why poison wins out everytime, but it does. Just pick up a poison dexer and u will never worry again.

Edit: ive been here a little over a month. Everytime i die to a PK, he is a pioson dexer. Greater cure only cures greater poison at 80% (mines been more like 40%,) so just used deadly poison. Its instawin-easymode....

has it ever come to your mind that you might just be bad ?

to the rest of the thread: I wonder what Shards you guys played before. I can't remember UO to be any other way. If anything, I remember it to be even more hardcore and unfair. Shit did I get griefed when I was younger.

U-Haul

Master

you have some serious fucking issues man.