Can I have fun please?

Muranna

Maybe Im just old or maybe I just need to rant but...

Have you noticed that playing on this server has become a bit like going on holiday in a 3rd world country. If you stay in the town theres a 50/50 chance you'll get robbed and if you go outside the city walls its 75/25 you'll get killed.

I understand that PvP was and should still be part of the Ultima Online and I don't want to stop people having fun, but don't you think it's got out of hand? If you're not going to change anything I think you should strong consider changing the way you advertise yourselves - it's miss leading!

Are there any plans to provide any PvP free areas for those of us who just want to have fun playing against the environment?

Darkarna

Grandmaster
That would completely negate what UO is all about. If you are getting stolen from in town, you need to bank your stuff before hand.

Muranna

Did you read what I said at all? I understand its part of the game and I'm not asking for it to be removed.

Im asking if there is any plans to accommodate the people like me (maybe I'm the only one) who don't want to have to worry about that or at least make it clear that this is what your going to be dealing with when you start playing

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Easy. Download a shard creation pack and design your own and play locally. As for it happening here, well, from everything I've read from devs, that'll never happen.

Sent from Baja 1997

Sapperman

Grandmaster
Did you read what I said at all? I understand its part of the game and I'm not asking for it to be removed.

Im asking if there is any plans to accommodate the people like me (maybe I'm the only one) who don't want to have to worry about that or at least make it clear that this is what your going to be dealing with when you start playing

So it can be rough out there, but here's a few tips. Do not bank at Brit bank. Its full of thieves, in fact id venture to say everyone is either a thief or a macroer gating to vendors. At least if you look at it this way you can't go wrong. So pick a bank that is lightly used recall in and bank immediately, town is not really safe. (For items in your backpack at least) Secondly, for PVM experience, I am not a great pvper, nor even a good one lol. (Unlike the majority of the folks here claim to be hahah) anyways, you can avoid pks by doing a couple things. Have numerous hunting spots and do not camp them. If you camp, your likely to get pked. Recall through your spots in a cycle and set up a recall out macro that you can just run and hit recall. The pks (my red included) just make rounds looking for folks to pvp with. (some are more willing than others) Thirdly, find and use the numerous hunting spots available that are overland. They are far less likely to be "hunted" by pks. And get a couple people that you communicate with who can help you in a pinch in case you grab some nice loot and are on the run.

halygon

Grandmaster

Have you noticed that playing on this server has become a bit like going on holiday in a 3rd world country. If you stay in the town theres a 50/50 chance you'll get robbed and if you go outside the city walls its 75/25 you'll get killed.

I understand that PvP was and should still be part of the Ultima Online and I don't want to stop people having fun, but don't you think it's got out of hand? If you're not going to change anything I think you should strong consider changing the way you advertise yourselves - it's miss leading!

Are there any plans to provide any PvP free areas for those of us who just want to have fun playing against the environment?
So.. no PvP free areas for blues except in town. There probably will not ever be any either -- consensual pvp areas are not really in scope for this shard.

As for being stolen from -- there are a ton of ways to protect your goodies from thieves. Do a search on this forum to find out ways to do that.

As for being killed outside of town -- It happens to everyone, gotta watch out for the murderers. If you are not big into PvP, you may want to create a one key macro to recall yourself to a safe zone -- if a pk appears, press your SHTF recall button. If you are interested in learning to defend yourself, practice makes perfect -- try the britian docks for duel pits to train.

Sometimes i just wanted a little to farm with a mate without thinking much or being on the lookout. Some relaxed dungeon exploring. Sadly thats not the case here. Since pvp here is really crap i ended up playing less and less.
Yes yes, fel only, dangerous all the time bla bla. Heard it all. /rant off

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
Sometimes i just wanted a little to farm with a mate without thinking much or being on the lookout. Some relaxed dungeon exploring. Sadly thats not the case here. Since pvp here is really crap i ended up playing less and less.
Yes yes, fel only, dangerous all the time bla bla. Heard it all. /rant off

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk
You know the real secret to farming uninterrupted is to just go to locations that are not high-traffic. For example, If farming liches, use fire dungeon GY or use the overland lich spawns..

50/50 robbed 75/25 killed w00t w00t i love UO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What fun would there be in this game without any looming threats? I farm for hours and rarely get PK'd. There are many things to do, know where the PK's will be coming from first off, fight mobs so you can see their names appear before they can cast on you. Maybe fight mobs that dont cast, so you can have a MR up to recall out. Dont get all mad if you get pk'd, at least there isnt a lot of grief from the PK's here. 95% of the time if i get PK'd i can just stand there, let them take what they want, they will rez me, i say thanks, and they give back most of my stuff.

Every server has their own form of PK (unless its trammel, in which case you should maybe opt for a dumbed down trammie game like FFXIV) at least people here are generally nice.

Being thieved from, this is a no brainer man. Why are you carrying shit the thieves want in the first place? Banking at WBB? are you serious? If i were a thief i wouldnt even do any stealing there, cuz there is nothing to get. No one is dumb enough to carry good loots at WBB. You should look into banking somewhere you can recall in, instantly say bank and you get a banker. You can recall inside the bank possibly, behind a wall, i mean there are so many ways to do it.

Anyways, if you do leave, definitely have fun. But in your next server selection choice search for keyword "Trammel" or you are going to have the same problems wherever you go.

Sarphus

Journeyman

We don't need pvp free areas. That's been done to death and a lot of the ppl who play here don't like pvp free areas.

That said, you're noticing an interesting phenomena that happens here. What it boils down to is that most players avoid risk where possible. They will act all hard like they're some kind of hardcore pvper but at the end of the day they are taking as little risk as possible and ensuring they have as many advantages as possible. There's nothing wrong with this. It's human nature.

So far, all PKs I've encountered just run around ambushing pve chars and newbies while they're trying to farm newb mobs. They usually scout with a blue, ghost or stealthed char first because they are risk averse. Getting pked is a cost of doing business and something that will happen from time to time. On the bright side, anyone can pk as it is possible to pk with very little skill or character development. All you have to do is make a stealth character with some ability to do damage (doesn't take much). Sneak around hunting areas and just pick people off when they're low health. Any scrub can do it. Some scrubs do it all the time :)

About stealing... Stealing is the zero risk and sometimes high reward, scriptable trammie playstyle. It's pvp for people who can't handle losing stuff. So they go around on naked kamakazi runs trying to snag things of value. It's kinda dumb but if you don't like it you could always make a thief and do the same thing. I think you'll find that it's usually more efficient to farm stuff than it is to steal it. The exception being script thieves stealing power scrolls (something that is supposedly getting addressed).

I'd recommend the stealth pvp char because you can build it with 3 skills so you could do mule stuff on your other skills if you want. (Hiding stealth and alchemy... ridiculously easy to pick someone off with these 3). My stealth pk will also animal lore things to find good tameables and pick locks for me. He'll still be totally viable as a pk. It's not hard.

the naked kamikaze thief, i like that. There is also the thief who steals from you hoping you attack them, then owns you in town. Maybe you haven't met that one.

Sarphus

Journeyman
the naked kamikaze thief, i like that. There is also the thief who steals from you hoping you attack them, then owns you in town. Maybe you haven't met that one.

LOL

Yeah, I was one of those in 97 :)

I was on a T1 and most ppl were on dialup in those days. It was not a fair fight.

Noxstyx

Neophyte
I understand the feeling, it was pretty difficult getting a start on this server as a lot of people are willing to go out of their way to camp noob dungeons, loot everything off your corpse (even useless shit like clothes), lead spawn onto you, prevent you from macroing, scout out dungeons with blues and then bring in the red when you're at low health from fighting, scam you etc etc. It gets incredibly frustrating at times when you farm for a long while to pay for a weapon/armor and then have these things looted off of you by a group of 2-3 pks who are already established players, putting you back an hour or so of work because of the loss of gear/regs/arrows. Some dungeons are impossible to enter if all you want to do is PVE.

But, this was the way the game originally was and it does seem so much more rewarding when you do make some progress. Being a noob, there was probably one person I encountered that helped (thanks dude who handed me some leather suits at the bank when I was a young player) and countless PK attempts/successful attempts. Eventually you do get better at avoiding them and a recall macro helps tons : ) my internet is awful and I can almost never get away just by running.

heresaucer

Neophyte
I do agree about thieving, script stealing is ridiculous. I'm all for stealing, but auto-steal needs to be done away with asap and the staff knows this and are working on a solution.

If they made even a few non-PvP zones, those places would end up being the only places hunted and fuck the game up. I've only been on this shard a litttle over a week, but I can tell that If you get killed that often outside the cities, you are doing something wrong. I still play on Atlantic and got use to the Trammel hunting mindset, and can understand why it might seem frustrating at first. But hunting in a dungeon on this shard is pretty risk free once you get use to it and know what to do.

If your mounted and have a recall macro, then about 99.99% of the time you can get away. If you hunt in a group, then you shouldn't really have any problems besides a group PK. On the off chance you cant recall away at first sight, if its a lone red you can usually fight them off and show them that your not worth the trouble, giving you enough time to get out of there.

Plus, this isn't one of the production shards where you have millions tied up in your suit/weapons. Most of the time losing everything you have is a 2k hit(or it is for me anyway.) minus the gold you were farming.

Kith kannen

Master
I wish there was something to be done about the Young and just out of young status players being targeted by griefers..I was fairly fortunate in that aspect I've always hated Brit and managed to avoid it...but on the Kill cam it was pretty obvious that it goes on here more than it should and probably stunts growth to some extent.