An Update on What We Have Been Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Trammel wasn't what killed the original uo...but it damn sure helped and anyone who thinks otherwise was not playing the same game I was. I remember when trammel stones first started dropping and everyone was collecting them... And speculating on the purpose.
What the staff is proposing here is not trammel...not close...by any stretch of the imagination. This is a big change but in no means is this a shard killer. Truly I don't even think this will have much of any measurable effect on population. The hard will loose some people and gain some by this move. And judging by the comments here it seems some of the ones lost aren't the worst thing to loose...just my 2 cents

hoodfigure

Master
I realllly like the idea of perma stat loss to reds that they would need to macro the time off, or even rework the skills back up. Risk vs reward? NOT FOR REDS. The only thing trammel on this server IS reds just hopping to another char that took them a day or two to make and kill bards all day long. PVP? Not really more like P v Griefer. Champs are a perfect example of PK Trammel central.

hoodfigure

Master
Anyone complaining about this change to "PVP" does not do faction world pvp open field anything. They are the ones that roll out and kill bards/miners all day long. And the OCCASIONAL TIME that a bard DOES KILL YOU (because you suck) is when you will be stated. You as a red murderer should go back to trammel. The staff has implemented all sorts of pvp/faction combat that you would be an idiot to not do. I have a murderer and I use him when blues ninja loot my stuff, not for killing bards and miners. I die occasionally and would have no problem macroing off the time.

Don Key

Master
Since I have been barking up a storm about new murder count changes, could we possibly have a thread started by the admins to discuss this issue on it's own? I haven't had a chance to read all 11 pages here.

Thanks

Luckystrike

Apprentice
Not even close to being true .. When OSI introduced Tram .. it Halted people leaving in droves to EQ2 .. the PK problem was too much and nearly destroyed the game compleatly. Making tram saved it and people started returning from EQ.. for a short while until SWG, and then the WoW juggernaut . People did not leave because there was no PVP .. that makes no sense if PvP was such a big thing then why did the majority choose to play on tram ... seriously need some better logic to you thinking . and further more ever since all mmo's have changed most have segrigated or instanced PvP areas because PK'ing was simply a way for ass hats to grief other people as simple as that .
"PK'ing was simply a way for ass hats to grief other people as simple as that" exactly what i say :)

Don Key

Master
Pking adds RISK to the reward. If monster AI is what you consider risk, then perhaps play another game.

And tram didn't save uo. Of course people are going to quit and play eq. It was the next Gen mmo. Those people would have returned if the game wasn't a shell of what it once was.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Some topics from the OP that are not getting much attention because clearly a nerve was struck and discussion has taken an expected downward spiral (admittedly I have done my part):

Dungeon bosses. I am aware it says more info is coming @Adam but is the goal here to have the champ-like scoring system and bosses that spawn every 8-12 hrs or whatever like the Covetous 4 bosses? Chances to drop PS/recipes/ingredients/rare?

Arcade style combat. Love to see more of this, but not too much. Is this intended to be mainly opt-in events like CTF and FFA that come up on a pretty regular basis with little to no emphasis on rewards? Because clearly a majority of our playerbase can't handle it when things that are meant to be fun are incentivised and the aforementioned mini events we currentlty have hit that sweet spot and do it well.

Keep the fine ideas coming, gents.

evil phantasm

Apprentice
Not even close to being true .. When OSI introduced Tram .. it Halted people leaving in droves to EQ2 .. the PK problem was too much and nearly destroyed the game compleatly. Making tram saved it and people started returning from EQ.. for a short while until SWG, and then the WoW juggernaut . People did not leave because there was no PVP .. that makes no sense if PvP was such a big thing then why did the majority choose to play on tram ... seriously need some better logic to you thinking . and further more ever since all mmo's have changed most have segrigated or instanced PvP areas because PK'ing was simply a way for ass hats to grief other people as simple as that .
Some people say it saved uo some people say it killed it for vets. You can fall on either side. But I can rember all the roleplaying PvP it killed. The fun of your heart beating when attacked while in dungeons. That guy that would attack anyone in his dungeon that didn't wear his color bandana. That was funny...

Kaching

Master
I don't pk really on this server, but I have in the past. I'm mostly a farming tamer SOB. Its funny when I get pkd *which honestly doesn't happen tooooo often* and I get pissed off when I die, but usually not at the pk... usually at myself for not fighting better, or not having potions. My wife is like "why don't think make it to where those guys can't do that" or something along those lines, and she never understands when I tell her that's what makes this game great. I don't like peeps ganking noobs, and I don't like being ganked by 4-5 peeps... but aside from that I think it should be a part of the game, and I'd take notice what the PKs suggest as far as this.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
All the reds/pks in this thread have had more meaningful and insightful things to say on this so far than anyone else. Go figure

CVegas

Grandmaster
All the reds/pks in this thread have had more meaningful and insightful things to say on this than anyone else. Go figure

Since I joined this server I've seen reds run trains on people in dungeons. Can't see the guy who got raped leaving us, lol. Maybe some rich red's house will IDOC.

asics

Grandmaster
says this..... 30 min later guilds RDA is taken by POWER

ehi man ^^
i was in the rda, i got a ps but i got killed in the end..btw, i dont think sketeg is raging for the rda..he was just considering a point..

imho

no permastatloss
yes-> statloss temporary like now and a bounty fee same time like 5k\50k depends on the number of kill noyou have (you have to pay to get your skill back)

this is worst then now for reds, but is better then the current proposal...and when a red get statted, have to pay forced and got a max 24h statloss (instead 48) if not..have to wait until get some gold or more time..(more then 48)

asics

Grandmaster
Trammel rat here.

Let's make killing 1 innocent turn you red, you get instant stat loss, and cannot macro for 40 hours, then for 120 hours you have -50% skill gain. If anyone kills you, the character is lost.

REAL RISK

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

ahahha guys..this is funny ^^

to consider an idea, you must see both your point of view and the other side..and try to think like the other side..then think like you..then think like the Devs that have to try make this game fair and fun for you, for the other side, and for eventually new players that will come ;)

Sketeg

Master
The perma statloss is NOT as bad as people think it is, the server I came to this server from had permanent statloss, and that server sank under the weight of the massive amount of PK population. Obviously this server has a much healthier balance, but long and short term murders are actually a very healthy system.

If anyone can actually state some solid reasoning behind why it's not great, I'd love to hear it. It works almost identically to the current system, except it promotes less griefing and blue and grey pks will be almost NON-existant (that's what the long term counts do, 40 hours is a long time)

I would particularly love to hear even a pseudo-intelligent response from wendy whoppers and not "LULZ YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN PVP AS MUCH AS POWER" because as stated multiple times, this isn't about pvp :p

besttherewas

Grandmaster
The perma statloss is NOT as bad as people think it is, the server I came to this server from had permanent statloss, and that server sank under the weight of the massive amount of PK population. Obviously this server has a much healthier balance, but long and short term murders are actually a very healthy system.

If anyone can actually state some solid reasoning behind why it's not great, I'd love to hear it. It works almost identically to the current system, except it promotes less griefing and blue and grey pks will be almost NON-existant (that's what the long term counts do, 40 hours is a long time)

I would particularly love to hear even a pseudo-intelligent response from wendy whoppers and not "LULZ YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN PVP AS MUCH AS POWER" because as stated multiple times, this isn't about pvp :p

Lol, your logic is fail bro.

less blue and grey pkers/griefers? Are u kidding? There will be more if anything as many reds won't bother and instead use blue chars that they keep logged in 247 to wear off counts. And with blues, u dont know what's coming.... reds are more honest and like the challenge compared to the blue griefer.

The biggest pvp carnage seen in UOF happens at champ raids and the surrounding areas. This statloss just ruined that and made trammel for the big donators obviously requesting it.

If you think there is a pk problem then you're a bad player. Plain and simple. My few blue chars have no issues, but then again I actually carry ar, pots and have an IQ greater than 80.....

What these bad players don't realise is that even with 90 swords/tact/anat and 70 heal/50 resist I could still crush many 7x tamers like bromista solo.... it isnt the pks kids, it's that most of you utterly suck. I probably play better high and with 1 hand than some of these cry baby WoW players.

Status
Not open for further replies.