An Update on What We Have Been Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
I've been here since hard start. It's the only good active server around.

My quarm was to make statloss free pvp areas around Brit to encourage more red vs blue pvp. This proposal is that but with a nasty twist.

Luckystrike

Apprentice
I have nothing again FAIR Pvp.Or you like be ganked every 15 min ?

Trammel was the end of felluca...not much want play a pk. And it was not the end,just for the pks.

Luckystrike

Apprentice

Trammel was the end of felluca...not much want play a pk. And it was not the end,just for the pks.

Why do ppl love playing an red player?

a.they suck horrible at PvM.So they let others do the work and kill ppl at low hp.
b.they have no girl/men/real life/job/life in cellar at mom
c.Fail in WoW or any other online game.
d.Old style like her dad as he play on OSI
e.they like poste in forums but their blues stay at WBB

Malkraven

Grandmaster

I do alot IDOCS,have 2 full runebooks of spots where houses can fall if ppl not come back....why these ppl stay away?

They want too play here,they dont like trammel...but they simple sick of this gamestyle,this has nothig to do with old nostalgic feeling... blue scout and 2 min later gate open and 3 reds hammer on you.This is just not ultima online only for frustated kids.

Wait what? how will this effect idocs in anyway? this perma statloss is only in dungeons so wont effect world pvp in anyway except reds can pick themselfs up and come back over and over just like blues to encourage pvp. (good thing)

In dungeons this is goin to encourage gank squads think about 1 pk cant run and pk people solo anymore (semi fair fight) cos he dont wanna risk rebuilding his char what is he gonna do? (bad thing)

Answer : Run 5 deep

To answer your questions

1 i suck at pvm ? i won 3rd prize on cove event (egg) i won 6th prize on zombie event (egg)
2 im married with 3 kids, semi good job very happy thanks
3 i played wow for 7 years and was in some guild's with server first boss kills back when it was semi hard (burning crusade, vanilla)
4 i played osi back before tram then moved to siege P when other shard went Trammy
5 i never bank sat day in my life

Now why do people hate reds?

1 they suck at pvp
2 they suck at idoc and have no friends to help them play a MMO (hint is in the name)
3 they suck at UO and probly should of stuck at WOW where they give all players evreything for free

Omen

Neophyte
New server is great! Minus 70ms ping!

Don't understand PK changes actually. I played on a free shard for 5+ years where PK had no losses at all. When you go outside a town, it's better to say goodbye to your items and have fun. There was 500+ online and nobody cried. Crafters were insanely happy, because PvP was economy locomotive. Enormous fights and guild wars were consuming huge resources. I'd rather vote for balancing PKs with paladins and other role playing stuff to enrich a gameplay and not straighten things up.

Is far as I'm concerned, dungeons are specifically dangerous places with better loot. Still don't get why they should be a safer place than outside world.

Salsa

Grandmaster
LOL @Bromista thinking he knows anything about PvP on this shard.

Honestly, why do you think your opinion should count here? 100% serious question. You don't PvP.

You're just saying shit to stir the pot, when you have zero clue of the consequences.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
New server is great! Minus 70ms ping!

Don't understand PK changes actually. I played on a free shard for 5+ years where PK had no losses at all. When you go outside a town, it's better to say goodbye to your items and have fun. There was 500+ online and nobody cried. Crafters were insanely happy, because PvP was economy locomotive. Enormous fights and guild wars were consuming huge resources. I'd rather vote for balancing PKs with paladins and other role playing stuff to enrich a gameplay and not straighten things up.

Is far as I'm concerned, dungeons are specifically dangerous places with better loot. Still don't get why they should be a safer place than outside world.
my ping is pretty weak too... :(

evil phantasm

Apprentice
I think we bring back hiring npc mages so I can l can run in dungeons with 20 NPC guards while doing pvm. We could also bring back flour bags that block mobs for easy pvm. Ooo ya and keys to houses that when you loss your keys you lose your house or birds that open house doors for house looting. I still think perma stat loss in any form to to hard on pking. I don't want to be safe anywhere in uo or I'll go play wow and be safe all the time.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
I went out of my way to elude to the fact that you guys are ONLY seen at RDAs and champ spawns, not to mention i escaped from that RDA, alive and with a 120 provo right out from under 3 of you. It's a shame how your silly PvP tamers can't see under their own pets~ x)

oh thats it????
120 taming, dark father statue, and recipe kthx :D

Tramista shits a brick everytime he sees a POWER member, he has that insta recall macro on LOCK

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I am thinking this statloss only in dungeons is going to be a good thing. Reds will run in packs instead of solo, raising the stakes for blue players which will make dungeon loot more rare/valuable. Also this will spread blues out into the world more and dungeons become a more dangerous place to gold farm, and those who do quest in dungeons will group more often in parties as a means of defending against groups of reds. This means more teamwork/grouping overall and making dungeons be the premier/proper place for team pvp. That is the best of like three different worlds all at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

khajja

Master
i do a good mix of play on blue and red. i am all about the blue vs red fight, and encouraging pvp. i don't personally see the need for stat loss anywhere, but no stat-loss overland is a great change. i think brit bridge fights are the best way to promote pvp. let's be honest, reds aren't reds to get rich. they like fighting players and are easily bored. brit bridge fights typically mean blues outnumber reds, so i don't think there need be any other disadvantage for reds such as statloss. for a blue, that guardline makes it easy for them to attack and run to safety. this allows for a low-risk introduction to pvp. of course, this works best if reds can't enter Britain which I wouldn't mind seeing changed, but I'm sure many of you would disagree with me on that..

Ondine

Neophyte
Perma statloss is beyond ridiculous.

I see almost no pks anyways.

a BIG NO. 48 hours is huge for any red that actually pvps.

That proposed change would pretty much make trammel.

it's not hard to kal ort por.

I hope it does make Trammel. I love UO, it is one of my all time forever most enjoyable game - until I played here. I like to relax and plod along slowly, not nervously look over my shoulder all the time and run away from people in the woods who may be friendly. It is not enjoyable, at all - and I thought I could never say that about this great game. I might look around for a free shard that has the choice, but I might wait and see if things change here.

Strife

Master
I hope it does make Trammel. I love UO, it is one of my all time forever most enjoyable game - until I played here. I like to relax and plod along slowly, not nervously look over my shoulder all the time and run away from people in the woods who may be friendly. It is not enjoyable, at all - and I thought I could never say that about this great game. I might look around for a free shard that has the choice, but I might wait and see if things change here.
No offense, but you probably wont like this shard no matter what changes are made. Looking over your shoulder is what MAKES UO the greatest game ever and if you do not want that, I doubt there is much anyone can do for you.

Bromista

Grandmaster
oh thats it????
120 taming, dark father statue, and recipe kthx :D

Tramista shits a brick everytime he sees a POWER member, he has that insta recall macro on LOCK
Is that so? I seem to remember a failed takeover of Neira the other day. Flube got a scroll on his blue but still anything that we got of value stayed at the champ. I fought back three of your reds while we got scrolls out.

GG.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
wasnt there, doesnt apply to me

its amazing how much we have accomplished at times against your guild as well as other 20 man guilds with just 3-4 of us on, so anything in the "Win" category for any guild out there, well... the ratio is just in our favor for a while

oh and tell your guy t man to chill out, im sure he was mad getting gaped at that RDA yesterday with you guys but no need to cry

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have no idea who T-Man is. Errrr was.

And I truthfully have never been impressed by any POWER "accomplishment" before your time or during. Your guild will just keep throwing bodies at whatever it is you are trying to accomplish and blur the lines of what is legal until there is nothing left to fight over.

Nothing new, coattail rider. Nothing new.

Ondine

Neophyte
No offense, but you probably wont like this shard no matter what changes are made. Looking over your shoulder is what MAKES UO the greatest game ever and if you do not want that, I doubt there is much anyone can do for you.
Yes, you are probably right. I don't think I will ever like this constant edge so moving on is probably the best thing to do. There are plenty of shards out there, free ones, I just have to find one that doesn't make things too easy but where I have a choice of being in pvp or not. Who knows I might like being a pker one day, but for now this girl just wants to have relaxing fun.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster

The f*ck ?

amonseti

Grandmaster
OSI copied the world made trammel and fellucia. Trammel all flowers and no pking and fellucia skulls and pking. Everyone left to go to trammel. And then half of all players left since was no more PvP. Dungeons in felucia where never touched and filled with crap spawns. And then I quit the game....

Not even close to being true .. When OSI introduced Tram .. it Halted people leaving in droves to EQ2 .. the PK problem was too much and nearly destroyed the game compleatly. Making tram saved it and people started returning from EQ.. for a short while until SWG, and then the WoW juggernaut . People did not leave because there was no PVP .. that makes no sense if PvP was such a big thing then why did the majority choose to play on tram ... seriously need some better logic to you thinking . and further more ever since all mmo's have changed most have segrigated or instanced PvP areas because PK'ing was simply a way for ass hats to grief other people as simple as that .

Status
Not open for further replies.