Wand Usage?

toddyboi

Master
If they put a cooldown it should only be like 1 second. Any more than that and you might as well be an alchy mage. You already give up a ton playing that template, and it really isnt hard to fight at all.
If you think someone should be allowed to use 2 different items on the run and deal 70 odd dmg with an exp, weaken, wand, horn you're just as ******** as girana. Should be the same cool down as using another wand.

Deriz

Grandmaster
If you think someone should be allowed to use 2 different items on the run and deal 70 odd dmg with an exp, weaken, wand, horn you're just as ******** as girana. Should be the same cool down as using another wand.

Ive never seen anyone weaken wand + firehorn here.

And if youre dieing to a horn mage on the run, then youre pretty fucking bad. They cant stun so you can gheal w.e the fuck you want. You can run beside an animal and then the firehorn does no damage.

If you find you are dieing, you probably suck at positioning.

If you think it should be on the same cooldown as wands then you are ********. You give up 200 skill points to use a firehorn when purple pots, and lightning wands both do more damage PLUS youd have stun on another template.

Literally the ONLY thing that youd have is an interrupt for 200 skill points... might as well nix the template all together at that point.

Heres a thought, turn down the suck, learn to heal , learn to position yourself against them (close to teammates), then they arent a problem.

If you find you are dieing, you probably suck at positioning.

This is a cute way of saying "run the entire map and off-screen every spell".

And before you start with your alchy dexer/automation spiel/lies, seeing my solo red char run into 4 of your blue gank mages griefing solo minax tamers in dungeons was nothing short of being completely hypocritical (x4) and comedic over the double XP weekend.

Out of curiosity, did you wand/firehorn drop those reg-only tamers 4v1? or save them for players on a mount with magic resist?

Deriz, slowly but surely, you are becoming my favorite poster, just a lil bit more delusion from your way, and you might just overthrow gluts and his disciples.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I was under the impression that wands would be added but not be able to be scripted... they were to be used in conjunction with purple pots, chasing down the marathon runners.

Instead wands are added and 100% scriptable, including scripted explode + firehorn + wand drops -- all this does is increase the skill gap between newbs and veteran PVPers, making PVP harder to break into.

lollo

Grandmaster
I was under the impression that wands would be added but not be able to be scripted... they were to be used in conjunction with purple pots, chasing down the marathon runners.

Instead wands are added and 100% scriptable, including scripted explode + firehorn + wand drops -- all this does is increase the skill gap between newbs and veteran PVPers, making PVP harder to break into.

Easy solution would be to make the wand delay random so they cannot get scripted perfectly. Similar to what happens with explo pots.

I liked the idea of wands at first, but now i agree they are somewhat ********, there are crews running around with explosion precasted and as soon as they are in range they just press ONE fucking button and it drops spell, uses wand and firehorn and everything hits you at the same time while they just chase you. That's even more ******** than playing dexers only like @baseball dad

steve-o

Grandmaster
gluttony u wanted wands... now u keep the shit u got

we always said that wands would make MORE and more difficult to get the skill gap... and this is exactly what happened.
look at the homof and maga... all they do now is RUN,RUN,RUN,RUN keep offrscreening explo,wand,firehorn all with 1 fuckin key stupid shit.

girana

Grandmaster
Easy solution would be to make the wand delay random so they cannot get scripted perfectly. Similar to what happens with explo pots.

same we had with explo spell random by a small amout everyone was fine with it for 2 years but got changed after huge crying by proven cheaters.

lollo

Grandmaster
gluttony u wanted wands... now u keep the shit u got

we always said that wands would make MORE and more difficult to get the skill gap... and this is exactly what happened.
look at the homof and maga... all they do now is just explo,wand,firehorn all with 1 fuckin key stupid shit.

Well tbh it DECREASES the skill gap, wtf does it take to press one key. The annoying thing is that now you HAVE to use wands (and wand macros) to compete which is dumb

lollo

Grandmaster
same we had with explo spell random by a small amout everyone was fine with it for 2 years but got changed after huge crying by proven cheaters.

Well I don't agree on this, explo spell random timer was dumb. It was basically impossible to kill anyone in a 2v2 (or even 2v1) scenario because it was so fucking easy to heal syncs.

steve-o

Grandmaster
Well tbh it DECREASES the skill gap, wtf does it take to press one key. The annoying thing is that now you HAVE to use wands (and wand macros) to compete which is dumb
exactly item based shit that i said after your replay

i'm not gonna make all these stupid macros cause i HATE fuckin macros in pvp, fuck that shit

girana

Grandmaster
Well I don't agree on this, explo spell random timer was dumb. It was basically impossible to kill anyone in a 2v2 (or even 2v1) scenario because it was so fucking easy to heal syncs.

oh i forgot nobody ever died for 2 years in pvp lol.

lollo

Grandmaster
yes but its way more fun to die after doing a mistake other than stay 0.5 secs 1 tile to close.

As I said (maybe you didn't understand) I don't like how wands work now, but Explo (spell) delay not being random helped tremendously in making pvp better. Now when you stun someone 2v2 you can actually hope to kill him with a good sync, which was impossible when the delay was random.

Of course this doesn't apply to your vision of 2v2 with pets and para spam involved

Baby Blue

Master
4ta17Bz.png

/thread

Deriz

Grandmaster
Firehorns are not the problem here. Scripted wand drops are

Honestly, delay macros arent an issue either. There is always still a small window to heal.
Removing delay macros would be fine with me, most of the time I do it manually anyways

However adding a random timer to things is ********. That makes almost any drop EXTREMELY easy to heal, with no fault of the people dropping the offensive spells.

People are supposed to die in PvP and given that 4v4s can go 15+ minutes right now no problem, how are people dying too easily? Why do we need to make it harder for people to die?