uo steam

severus

Grandmaster
Logged in today and did a bit of pking for the first time in months, on many instances my client 'stopped responding' 1st time while opened a corpse, 2nd at britain bridge while 10 blues on me, 3rd above brit stables and 4th outside a random house, now i pinpointed it was a steam issue as it would keep doing it every time i logged back in at that location! (Only fix was to log onto razor) which is unplayable as im really slow on there...

Anyone know if this is to do with certain change as of late?

halygon

Grandmaster
Ye i tried update last night, it said im at highest, kaz said one of them was a sigil thing lol
No clue then. You may try messing with the system settings such as filters, scavenger (this one always did it for me before I set a hotkey to disable it until i need it), etc.. Right now I haven't had a crash in a couple months. I am on UOSteam 1.0.5

K A Z

Grandmaster
i still think that your UO client isnt updated high enough and that some of the new house designs/items crash you.

severus

Grandmaster
i still think that your UO client isnt updated high enough and that some of the new house designs/items crash you.
Cant be it, cus my razor works fine and doesnt crash my client even on same screen, im at like 6.0.1 i think

halygon

Grandmaster
Cant be it, cus my razor works fine and doesnt crash my client even on same screen, im at like 6.0.1 i think
Nah, it can still be it. The connection to the shard still flows through each of the assistants. Just because one assistant allows the client to be old, doesnt' mean they both will, or that it is the assistant's fault.

If you upgrade you client, be aware that you might break razor maps, if you use that. Personally I run a fully patched classic client and UOSteam 1.0.5 and have no issues. Take what you can from that.

severus

Grandmaster
Nah, it can still be it. The connection to the shard still flows through each of the assistants. Just because one assistant allows the client to be old, doesnt' mean they both will, or that it is the assistant's fault.

If you upgrade you client, be aware that you might break razor maps, if you use that. Personally I run a fully patched classic client and UOSteam 1.0.5 and have no issues. Take what you can from that.
Razor map breakin wouldnt be a probkem i dislike using razor hah :p i have a problem tho for years ive not been able to patch clients, it wont patch just says connection failed, akways gotta download prepatched clients "/ dunno where to dl a fully patches one.

halygon

Grandmaster
Razor map breakin wouldnt be a probkem i dislike using razor hah :p i have a problem tho for years ive not been able to patch clients, it wont patch just says connection failed, akways gotta download prepatched clients "/ dunno where to dl a fully patches one.
The UOForever client isn't patchable.

Just go to uo.com and download the official classic client. Install, patch fully up and then reinstall UOSteam. Bam!

severus

Grandmaster
The UOForever client isn't patchable.

Just go to uo.com and download the official classic client. Install, patch fully up and then reinstall UOSteam. Bam!
Yeah i use normal client not uof one, guess its firewalled from patching or something lol

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Lol sorry, I play more than troll forums ;p well until I got this fancy app on my phone that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
Lol sorry, I play more than troll forums ;p well until I got this fancy app on my phone that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i know what you mean. I never posted here until i got Tapatalk and now its my favorite past time instead of phone games.

Nasak

Grandmaster
Hey anyone get me a link to UOSTEAM 1.0.5 been having this issue and finally reinstalled client now figured i should update uoassist please and thank you

Nasak

Grandmaster
thank you much some reason uosteam wont run the client gotta play around with it never used steam only razor