Tired of runners? Let's let archers shoot while running.

Make firing a bow manual. Double click the bow, pause 1-2 seconds like casting a spell with a text above head that says "Loading Bow...", This would allow archers to preload a shot like preloading a spell but also be balanced when chasing mages or dexxers. It would also make archery more interesting and tactical and maybe even balance out their damage on champ spawns etc.

A few ideas from my guildies @TacoPonyParty ...

Make firing a bow when running a longer cooldown then when stationary. Put it on a percentages timer so that if you stop running in the middle of it's cooldown, it continues from a lower number. Basically it takes longer to fire a bow while running than it would if standing still.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
lol.. will they be able to shoot backwards while running away? I don't think some of y'all realize the damage a archer will be able to do while running..

Dellan

Grandmaster
Last time I fought a bowman he did massive damage. I'd prefer universal way to stop 20mins long chases. I mean, how the hell are you supposed to catch up with someone when he has exactly same speed as you :p I'd be for mount fatigue, or slight chance to dismount with blow/spell.. heck, make use for daggers so you can throw them with some chance to slow/stop the guy for a moment, at the expense of stamina or whatever. This marathon is boring, most of the times I just break from pursuit after few minutes.

Yesterday one of my newbie guildies called me in to their house cause a red was camping it. We gated in with 3 people. The guy started running away. We chased him half of a screen and I told everyone to stop, they did. We backed up to the house and the dude comes back. He starts running away again when we load up. I tell them to stop. I said watch, he'll keep coming back, He did. After coming back onto screen 6 times we sync him and he dies. We resurrect him and he says "NICE GANK 1v3!"

It was classic uo. Let em run, they want to fight and if they don't, are they really worth your time? Archers are useless in PvP after their first shot goes off in a large group.

God.RG

Grandmaster
LEMME THROW PURPLE POTS W MY BOW!
i made a "pvp" archer for group fights.. figured it would be kinda cool, but without explos.. meh.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
In military history throughtout time since bows were created, Archers have ALWAYS shot from horseback!
Enough said...period!
People making it to difficult. Its simply, allow archers to shot while mounted why cause it makes unequivocal sense! Set the timing between shots longer and hit shot/damage lower while moving.
Anyone complaining about that is worried about running from my archer instead of the other way around.
People get so asshurt on this server anytime something can threaten you poor stun mage zergs!!....smh

I say do it! And I've seen several times before people say they would like to see it happen. Majority rule!!

Messremb

Grandmaster
Archers are already one of the most useful classes. And in groups archers great for pvp too. Can't tell you how many people I have killed with my stealth archer. If this is added everyone and their dog will bee running meta mage archers and pvp will suck. Archery does not need any boosts.

Also people using reality arguments are stupid. When was the last time an archer fought a stun mage in real life?

*when I punch someone in real life they are stunned for more than 4 second. I want knockout sun, char is black screen for 20 min.

I'm all for the idea, how to make it work while being fair and balanced is unknown to me. This is probably why Ultima added poisoned arrows at some point, although not a fan of that, they did it for a reason. Archers are useless in a running fight. There can be a middle ground to balance them out while not making them too strong. Either loading a shot that takes time like a spell cast or increased cooldown between shots when running. Yea, archers are strong in a group, so are mages, so are dexxers.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I'm all for the idea, how to make it work while being fair and balanced is unknown to me. This is probably why Ultima added poisoned arrows at some point, although not a fan of that, they did it for a reason. Archers are useless in a running fight. There can be a middle ground to balance them out while not making them too strong. Either loading a shot that takes time like a spell cast or increased cooldown between shots when running. Yea, archers are strong in a group, so are mages, so are dexxers.
Three difference is archers don't ever run out of mana, and they don't have to stay right next to.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster

I have enjoyed the thought of poison arrows!! But again, as with any other change it will have its complainers!

Three difference is archers don't ever run out of mana, and they don't have to stay right next to.
I think the subject is running.
A mage can chase and paralyze, chase and stun, chase with preloaded spells.
A dexxer can chase and hit while running, chase and para blow, chase and explo pot.
An archer can chase and.........Die?

Why are people so threatened by balance some balance? Even if archers are overpowered, do you not think you can tcompete as a player? Why the hell are people running from archers in the first place. Spam some mindblast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
Archers are better than most dexers at killing runners.

The point is archers are not as good in 1v1 because they fire slow. But in groups they are deadly. Its a trade off. if you boost solo archers, group archers will be op.

Nothing needs to be changed on archers. (my main champ and event char is a stealth archer, and I use him to pvp all the time)

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
A dexxer can chase and hit while running, chase and para blow, chase and explo pot.

Why are people so threatened by balance some balance? Even if archers are overpowered, do you not think you can tcompete as a player? Why the hell are people running from archers in the first place. Spam some mindblast.

I agree. But with with a modifier while running

Messremb

Grandmaster

People are running from archers because they just ran out if mana while the archer gets to keep firing.

If you can't make people run from your archer you are doing it wrong.

Also, consider want this will create. those same pk groups will still be here, they will just run archers now. And guess what? you cant get away anymore cause they can kill you on the run.

This whole idea is just bad all over. I'm done explaining things to people who want to pretend their favorite char is weak so they can get a buff.

SidX

Grandmaster
I would be partially for this but only if there was a chance of being dismounted when you successfuly shot while running. On OSI they have the Moving Shot special ability that works on Composite Bows... lets you shoot while running but uses some mana. But it's super OP. I mean, to make a moving shot you would have to take both hands off of your moving mount to shoot.. so there's a chance you'd be dismounted right? If there was a 50% dismount chance it might work.

Psyc420

Master
Archers are better than most dexers at killing runners.

The point is archers are not as good in 1v1 because they fire slow. But in groups they are deadly. Its a trade off. if you boost solo archers, group archers will be op.

Nothing needs to be changed on archers. (my main champ and event char is a stealth archer, and I use him to pvp all the time)

I agree