The State of UOF (PKs and purple pots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blue

Master
Such a pathetic group on here. Seriously. A group that's satisfied with only 10% of the playerbase participating in structured PvP. Not to mention automated programs, scripts, cheating... it all happens. And those 10% are satisfied with the way things are.

Not a recipe for long term success. This is a goddamn UOR felucca shard. PvP should be geared towards the masses. And, frankly, the repetitive stun/pot throwing bullshit is toxic. And it's a shame, because the shard does so much good in other areas. But, for as long as the few will dictate to the many how THEY should PvP, the server will never become more than what it is now, despite a lot of effort from those in charge.
You think there would be more pvpers without explode potions and stuns? What if we'd nerf refresh potions too? Less stuns. Got more suggestions? I wonder why you're not the pvp manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
YES! Thank you. There it is.

The player base whined, cried and complained until stun tamers were nerfed. "Ahh, halp, ohmygod... I hate stun tamers! Such bullshit!" Instead of adapting, the 'PvPers' cried and complained until it was changed, because it didn't fit THEIR style of play.

Such a pathetic group on here. Seriously. A group that's satisfied with only 10% of the playerbase participating in structured PvP. Not to mention automated programs, scripts, cheating... it all happens. And those 10% are satisfied with the way things are.

Not a recipe for long term success. This is a goddamn UOR felucca shard. PvP should be geared towards the masses. And, frankly, the repetitive stun/pot throwing bullshit is toxic. And it's a shame, because the shard does so much good in other areas. But, for as long as the few will dictate to the many how THEY should PvP, the server will never become more than what it is now, despite a lot of effort from those in charge.

nice meltdown

drasked

Grandmaster

1.) Limit explo pots to the alchemy skill.
2.) Make parry block explo pots
3.) if you aggress someone you are locked in with them on screen.

Good stuff bro, keep them coming.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
You think there would be more pvpers without explode potions and stuns? What if we'd nerf refresh potions too? Less stuns. Got more suggestions?
Who said get rid of stun? No one? Hello straw man.

I absolutely think there would be more PvPers with different mechanics. If only 10% of a UOR felucca shard PvPs, that should be a huge concern.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
You think there would be more pvpers without explode potions and stuns? What if we'd nerf refresh potions too? Less stuns. Got more suggestions? I wonder why you're not the pvp manager.

to be fair, other potions work exactly the same way as they did on OSI

purple pot mechanics have been purposely EASY-MODED so that you people can use them

so comparing a refresh potion which works exactly as it always has to a purple pot which has been modified specifically for this server is a pretty shit comparison

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
You can remove purple pots and you still will get shit on in PVP by people who know what theyre doing(whereas you most likely do not)... but without purple pots, you will never be able to kill someone 1v1 unless they are laughably horrible.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
You can remove purple pots and you still will get shit on in PVP by people who know what theyre doing(whereas you most likely do not)... but without purple pots, you will never be able to kill someone 1v1 unless they are laughably horrible.

why does every fight have to result in a kill? maybe more people would pvp if you weren't guaranteed to die (by being chased down with purple pots) in every pvp interaction

typical zerg pk mentality you have, where you are just shocked if someone lives through your 10v1 gank

OBVIOUSLY you don't want people running away from your zerg train

Blair

Master
Just because YOU have played every PvP build imaginable doesn't mean that there's actual build diversity on display on a daily basis. There isn't. As one of your PvPers said: every single mage who PvPs is running stun and throwing expl pots. Every single one. If you don't think that that's an issue, then it speaks volumes about the PvP on this shard.

If I had to play only one template for the rest of my time on this server it would be an archer mage. Can't throw pots with a bow on, and it doesn't have stun. Just because players like playing mages with stun, doesn't mean they are the only viable template. You also said yourself you PvP on an archer tamer and kill people with no stun and you don't use purple pots.

Person 1 throws purple pots. Person 1 likes purple pots. Person 2 does not... it's not the way UO PvP was in UOR, and not what he enjoys. Person 2 is at a clear disadvantage.

Just curious, in this analogy does person 2 also not use greater heal, greater cure, greater strength, greater agility, total refresh pots as well? What about trapped pouches, Is player 2 also against those? Player 2 is only at a disadvantage because he created the disadvantage with his attitude.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Absolutely. Isn't that the way it is? Better players usually beat lesser players? (Until the lesser players get together and sync e-bolt everything to compensate for a lack of skill.)

Without expl pot spam, I'd absolutely PvP. It would reflect a time in UO where I felt PvP was at it's best, which is why I decided to play on a UOR shard. Would I get killed? Absolutely. Ah well. Everyone dies. But far more would participate, which (should be) the goal.

Should be.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
why does every fight have to result in a kill?

typical zerg pk mentality you have, where you are just shocked if someone lives through your 10v1 gank

OBVIOUSLY you don't want people running away from your zerg train

I have 0 alchy chars... if you can kill someone with purple pots without alchemy it means they are a bad player and dont have gheal pots.

What is with the forums lately -- seems to be dominated by people who dont PVP talking about PVP.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
If I had to play only one template for the rest of my time on this server it would be an archer mage. Can't throw pots with a bow on, and it doesn't have stun. Just because players like playing mages with stun, doesn't mean they are the only viable template. You also said yourself you PvP on an archer tamer and k

Just curious, in this analogy does person 2 also not use greater heal, greater cure, greater strength, greater agility, total refresh pots as well? What about trapped pouches, Is player 2 also against those? Player 2 is only at a disadvantage because he created the disadvantage with his attitude.
That's all I get? From that post, with those points, I'm left with this?

This isn't about what YOU would play. This is about what everyone plays right now. According to your PvPers, every single mage runs expl pot and stun. That should be a HUGE concern.

Player 2 uses every mechanic from the UOR era, because that's why he plays a UOR shard. Tweaks here and there, sure... but a complete numbing of all PvP down to this is ridiculous.

(You missed the part - and purpose - of that analogy by omitting Person 3, the stun tamer who Person 1 rages about and refuses to adapt to, despite demanding that Player 2 adapt to his style of play.)

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
If you've ever played World of Warcraft you would know how annoying a 40 minute arena draw is.

I have played WoW arena pvp.. when it gets down to that last paladin vs a stealthing rogue and you're sitting there wishing it to be over

but in UO pvp you're not trapped in a room with someone, you can always give up on killing them and go do something else

aIck

Grandmaster
Feeling like losing steam? Fatigued? Sore fingers from all this typing and posting? Fear not, this'll keep you lads going!

tom-of-finland-coffee-1458680428.jpg

Baby Blue

Master
This isn't about what YOU would play. This is about what everyone plays right now. According to your PvPers, every single mage runs expl pot and stun. That should be a HUGE concern.

Player 2 uses every mechanic from the UOR era, because that's why he plays a UOR shard. Tweaks here and there, sure... but a complete numbing of all PvP down to this is ridiculous.
Every single pvping mage runs with agility pots, heal pots, cure pots, refresh pots and strength pots as well. What about dexxers? I'm more concerned about night sight potions. Night sight potions are so useless. Have you seen anyone actually using them? I used them when I played OSI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blair

Master
That's all I get? From that post, with those points, I'm left with this?

Listen man, I'm trying my hardest not to verbally destroy you, and doing my best to explain things in ways I think you might be able to understand them. However it's becoming more difficult with every post you make.

I already told you, players will use the templates they enjoy playing. This does not mean the only viable template is a stun mage, just that most people enjoy playing a stun mage. I'm not going to force people to play 5x mages with cooking and taste ID because you don't like that everyone has stun.

I omitted part 3 because I never agreed that stun tamers were a super OP unbeatable template. I also realize if I die in this game it's because I made a mistake, not because someone else is playing a certain template. If you rage about dying, maybe this isn't the game for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.