The State of UOF (PKs and purple pots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
It's already super easy to escape an 1v1 in UOF, are we playing the same game? Like did you EVER die in a 1v1 pvp scenario where you chose to just run away and not fight? (talking about a pvp character, not getting pkd on a bard or something)

I've died plenty of times just trying to run forever... some people seem way faster than me though, as in when I run in a straight line, they've somehow ran at an angle then cut back, which should be pretty much impossible to beat in a race with someone going in a straight line

maybe Sallos makes you run faster

Winstonian

Grandmaster
8x stun tamers have only been a thing on This server For 1 year. No one is complaining about stun tamers, @K A Z complained about UOF system that allowed you to control a nightmare 100% with 120 taming and 20 lore (with 5x mage, 80 anat, 120 taming and 20 Lore You effectively had a 8x character)

Purple pots use has been a staple of free shard UO pvp since 2003 (DFI, uoforever, here)

Can't You see the difference??
No one is complaining about stun tamers? You sure?

K A Z:

"stun tamers. It's been what? 1 year? 2 Years? And we're still stuck with this fucking pay2win template. Anyone dare to explain why we need a 8x template that can only be BOUGHT with high sums of gold? Dumb, ********, shitty are the adjectives that come to my mind when I think of that fuckery of a template. CHANGE."

Purple pots changed over time on uoforever, and were highly criticized there as well. Make them splash (as K A Z has demanded) and I'd have no issue.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
In other words, players who don't prefer expl potions need to pay some cash, create a stun tamer and... profit? Sounds toxic.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Purple pots changed over time on uoforever, and were highly criticized there as well. Make them splash (as K A Z has demanded) and I'd have no issue.

Out of curiousity -- why are people concerned with splash damage on pots? I cant really see where this would change anything except make it so people arent PVPing in town anymore.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Out of curiousity -- why are people concerned with splash damage on pots? I cant really see where this would change anything except make it so people arent PVPing in town anymore.

because there should be some sort of downside to spamming explo pots

also - nobody has tried to justify throwing pots while wielding a 2 hander - why is this a good thing, or make sense?

doesn't allowing explo pots to be thrown with a 2 hander and no splash damage mean that they have been "trammy-fied" ?

you all say that people used purple pots for a long time and everyone should get used to it - did OSI and all those other servers allow throwing them with a 2 hander and no splash damage? seems like picking and choosing a "hardcore pvp" status when really the mechanics have been dumbed down for your pleasure

Last edited by a moderator:

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Throwing purps with 2 handed weapons is full *. I agree with that
Wait, what? Shouldn't you just 'adapt or gtfo'? I mean, that's how UOF PvP... is... that's what makes it UOF PvP. Why change it? Why not just adapt and stop complaining?

AM I RITE?!

Baby Blue

Master
As for purple pots -- I see way more scribes/heal mages than I do alchy mages, because in group fights, alchy mages arent that good at all.

In fact, in a group setting, purple pots factor very little into the outcome of a fight.
this is very true... i've been group pvping using my alchy a lot and it is definitey not as good as my scribe. If I'm playing my scribe, pot won't don't much dmg though. In fact, it's hard to kill a running player with 10-15 dmg pots.

lollo

Grandmaster
Wait, what? Shouldn't you just 'adapt or gtfo'? I mean, that's how UOF PvP... is... that's what makes it UOF PvP. Why change it? Why not just adapt and stop complaining?

AM I RITE?!

I'm not complaining, i just stated My opinion on the Matter. I did not threaten to quit (lol) and i will continue pvping anyways.

Btw, You sound more and more ******** every New post

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I'm not complaining, i just stated My opinion on the Matter. I did not threaten to quit (lol) and i will continue pvping anyways.

Btw, You sound more and more ******** every New post
I love how 'PvPers' tell others that everything is great and they should just adapt, then they complain that certain mechanics operate the way they do and open threads demanding widespread change.

Baby Blue

Master
As it has been said many times... there's many ways to counter explode potions. Healing skill, running around the buildings, healing potions, healing spells... also you can stay close and his own pots will hurt him. Yet you're still crying. I don't think it's explode potions, I think it's you. Maybe you're just bad? Keep in mind explode potions won't do much dmg without gm alchemy.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
As it has been said many times... there's many ways to counter explode potions. Healing skill, running, healing potions, healing spells... also you can stay close and his own pots will hurt him. Yet you're still crying. I don't think it's explode potions, I think it's you. Maybe you're just bad?
So you agree with stun tamers, right? You think they're a healthy element for UOF PvP?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
They Are already nerfed You dumb fuck.
YES! Thank you. There it is.

The player base whined, cried and complained until stun tamers were nerfed. "Ahh, halp, ohmygod... I hate stun tamers! Such bullshit!" Instead of adapting, the 'PvPers' cried and complained until it was changed, because it didn't fit THEIR style of play.

Such a pathetic group on here. Seriously. A group that's satisfied with only 10% of the playerbase participating in structured PvP. Not to mention automated programs, scripts, cheating... it all happens. And those 10% are satisfied with the way things are.

Not a recipe for long term success. This is a goddamn UOR felucca shard. PvP should be geared towards the masses. And, frankly, the repetitive stun/pot throwing bullshit is toxic. And it's a shame, because the shard does so much good in other areas. But, for as long as the few will dictate to the many how THEY should PvP, the server will never become more than what it is now, despite a lot of effort from those in charge.

Baby Blue

Master
I love how 'PvPers' tell others that everything is great and they should just adapt, then they complain that certain mechanics operate the way they do and open threads demanding widespread change.
Maybe because we're talking about pvp mechanics. It's not something new and 99 % of the people who actually pvp don't see any issues with explode potions. Then you wonder why? Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.