The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

Fattson

Grandmaster
Almost level 8 now with fairly passive play....trick for me has just been to farm...I pay little attention to xp gain and just farm gold. Xp comes passively. The quicker I get at collecting gold the faster my xp goes. Just waiting for that infectious relic to come along at the right price ;)[/QU

At this point, I'll probably start taking relics at the wrong price...

Ive just been bouncing between orcs and liches. Sometimes i luck out and see a paragon orc that has no axe so it hits like a little kitten. I can get several hundred xp off them and the chance for skill scrolls. Also silver weapons are in abundance so liches/lich lords and their respective paragons die quickly. Just farm gold and the xp will come easily!

Kilike

Grandmaster
Orcs and Elementals seem to be the best IMO. I don't really pay attention to my xp all that much anymore though. I go out do an RDA, Champ or just farm. As an archer I don't think I'd last training it to be honest. The wep is to slow, miss to often etc, but since I'm a fencer it's great. If you're an archer abuse summoning ev's like everyone else seems to be. Just don't do it fully afk like EQMS or prepare to get caught and looted. lol

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I just saw this thread and thought I'd chime in with some pointers. The defense talisman is the only one I'm familiar with but I can offer some insight on it.

If you are choosing the defense relic then parry is a must. You might not want parry on your characters build but you must have it if you want to see decent gains on your talisman. Remember that you must have armor class 100 to see full gains. Its 1% xp loss for each AC under 100. If you are at 90 AC then you are taking a 10% xp loss. You can always drop parry after your talisman is level 10. If you don't have parry then you probably aren't going to see level 10. A good suit of magic plate is going to give you ~65 armor. Throw on a fortification heater shield and you're looking at around 115-120 AC. This is a good starting point because your shield gives a ton of AC but it takes the most damage so you'll see your AC start to diminish.

The talisman xp boost from the Sigil that Minax current holds (forget the name) only works on meta pets. I'd like confirmation on this but I'm pretty sure this is the case. It does not work for meta dexer talismans.

Don't be tempted to throw your relics onto your talisman in the order that you find them. Quench and Remedy are by far the best relics. They are exponentially more useful than leech or recoil. Recoil makes no noticeable difference in gameplay. Remedy and Quench also take a lot longer to level up than leech or recoil. Leech and recoil proc no matter what you're fighting. They will level up quickly. They are also not very useful. This is why I suggest putting them on last. Specifically, I'd put recoil on last if you bother with it at all.

Those of you with good fashion sense will notice how well a defense talisman accents a nice suit of platemail. Platemail is going to keep your coveted Armor Class high. But wait you say, bone armor gives the same armor and no dex loss. Yes, and you will repair/throw away 10+ suits of bone armor in the time it takes you to send one suit of platemail to your favorite blacksmith. Bone armor goes to shit quickly. Platemail keeps your AC up and lets you fight a lot more mobs before your armor class is reduced and thereby ruining your XP gains. And if you get pk'd, your platemail is still there on your corpse. If by some chance it did get looted, well its cheap on the vendors too!

Shields. They go to shit quickly and it saddens me. I hope you have a smithy. I'll go through 6 shields at Barracoon.

Let's talk about mobs!

The higher the hit pointers the better the gains. But choose your mobs wisely. For instance, mobs that cast a lot of spells tend to leave you healing and running rather than gaining XP. They also die faster. An ogre lord will give you good gains but the macing damage will ruin your armor in no time. Dragons seem to be a great fit. If your quench procs early then you will avoid firebreath damage for a good long while. This lets you lower the dragons HP before the quench wears off. The firebreaths after that won't deal much damage because firebreath damage is proportional to the dragon's HP. I can tank an elder dragon paragon this way. A dragon paragon will give you around 1k XP.

elfyburk

Expert
Great stuff. Would the berserker or defense tali be best suited for soloing mobs? I guess you can still use slayer ar / invul whilst having the berserker. Only difference that berserker might require more running/healing than defense?

Great stuff. Would the berserker or defense tali be best suited for soloing mobs? I guess you can still use slayer ar / invul whilst having the berserker. Only difference that berserker might require more running/healing than defense?

Going against a lot of magical creatures makes me have to run away a lot even with GM resist. That's why i tend to stick to magical mobs that i can kill quickly before they can get a heavy hitter off. I have a berserker tally

Fattson

Grandmaster
Going against a lot of magical creatures makes me have to run away a lot even with GM resist. That's why i tend to stick to magical mobs that i can kill quickly before they can get a heavy hitter off. I have a berserker tally
I have a little over 70 magery so that I can keep reflect up. Will probably take it to gm. Still thinking about it.

elfyburk

Expert
quick question regarding the quest - do you have to solo kill the arch deamon or is contributing enough? Is there a percentage you need t contribute in order to get the vial?

@Fattson
@Kilike

Kilike

Grandmaster
quick question regarding the quest - do you have to solo kill the arch deamon or is contributing enough? Is there a percentage you need t contribute in order to get the vial?

@Fattson
@Kilike
As a tip for Arch Deamon. Bring pots. Lots and lots of pots. Mainly refresh and cures. If melee ALWAYS find where the melee are stacking and stack on top of them so the fire line(forgot name) doesn't ever hit you. You have to be RIGHT ON TOP of the other people. IF ranged just stay at a distance and watch for it. Cures are for the poison if people aren't moving the boss. Goodluck bud

I have a little over 70 magery so that I can keep reflect up. Will probably take it to gm. Still thinking about it.

Magic reflect would definitely be awesome in the build, but it also doesn't work at all times. after those 8 circles have been burned through then you have to way about 90 - 120 seconds (i think 90 though) to reapply the spell where the resist is just there. I cant begin to tell you how many times ive resisted chain flame strikes and survive. i am jealous though. i wish i had reflect on top of resist!

Embarrassment

Apprentice
Double strike is definitely a "1 point wonder". As absolutely awesome as double strike is, leveling seems a bit silly. Lower cooldown and higher % chance to activate? It already activates really quickly at lvl 1. and 9-10 seconds lower cooldown just isn't that amazing. I feel like at lvl 7-10 there should be a chance to land a 3rd strike that does 1/4 dmg. Something to just separate it from being the same thing from lvl 1 and 10. Phase gets more targets. Tread consistently just goes up in dmg. infectious has lethal poison if you choose to pick up poisoning. I love double strike. By far my favorite relic. It just seems to be... stagnant?

Edit - Furthermore, just look at the insanity that is the maxed out meta pet. Quicksilver is absolutely insane on a lvl 7 meta. Considering that - as a berserker dexxer - I need to run around in a slayer armor just to go toe-to-toe with anything that gives quality exp, I at least want the ability to absolutely assassinate a 300-500hp mob and get out quick. That's a berserkers job right? Leave the paragon AL's/Dragons/Balrons to the defensive meta dexxers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kil things that require very little down time. For me it is shame with an elemental ban slayer and the orc cave with another slayer. Just find things that. Have high HP and low damage output

Fattson

Grandmaster
finally got my berserker! Anyone have any tips on how to level it (i.e. what mobs)? I just know you're not supposed to wear any ar
If it moves, kill it. That's what I did for the first couple of levels.

Also, if you're interested in any of the conquests, now would be the best time to start on one of those.