The keg system is a problem. Here is the solution.

UOF's keg system adds a significant amount of tedium and frustration to the game and should be overhauled for better player retention and ease of use. The current system has the following negative aspects:
  • Storing loot and restocking takes much longer than it should. Most PVPers carry over 100 potions, which means they'll be clicking away on kegs for at least a full minute to restock.
  • Kegs (especially the small 100-limit kegs on UOF) add clutter to houses and needlessly increase the server item count, potentially increasing the duration of server saves.
  • The restocking and storage macros needed to navigate this system are more complicated than they would otherwise need to be and may be out of reach for those with little coding experience.
  • It gives the impression that UOF administration is intentionally employing a bad system in order to impel players to donate for a butler.
The solution to these issues is simple: follow the example of other servers by enabling full potion stacking, and eliminate the action delay when using a keg or moving potions while in one's house. This would make restocking more tolerable for everyone (especially PVPers) and would require little effort to implement.

"But making kegs less useful will hurt crafters!"
Players should not have to deal with a clunky, archaic resource system in order to give crafters an item to sell; this would be akin to eschewing motor vehicles for the sake of people who make a living giving horse-and-buggy rides. However, if keg selling is truly so important to the economy, we can instead force players to buy crafted empty bottles from other players. This would give crafters their sellable trinket while allowing for the transition to a better system.

"Doing this would make the donation butler useless!"
I understand the need and desire to make money, but using a bad resource system in order to encourage players to donate and sidestep that bad system is a manipulative way to go about it and doesn't reflect well on the server. After this change is made, players who own a butler should have the option to have their donation coins refunded if they don't wish to keep their butler (though butlers would still be the fastest way to restock and still essentially act as a house extension by storing items).

"This would allow PVPers to reequip and get back into the field too quickly!"

Any argument in this vein equally applies to the butler. After all, if quickly restocking after death is an issue, then what sense does it make to offer the butler which enables exactly that? Either way, this argument is moot when players are allowed three accounts with which to bring in fully-stocked alts after death.

"PVP isn't our top priority!"
That may be true, but this affects all players to some degree, and it makes little sense to alienate a certain type of player over a poor design choice that should be fixed regardless. The more appealing the server becomes, the better off we all are.

Volco

Master
You raise some good points. Personally I think kegs are fine as is... if anything I would just allow potions to stack up to like 50 or 100. Doing so would cover most everything you mentioned, while providing a simpler solution for the dev team.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Butler is great IMO. You don't need to donate to get one, just buy some coins from a player.

Hoping the new butler is even better.

Butler is great IMO. You don't need to donate to get one, just buy some coins from a player.

Hoping the new butler is even better.
The usefulness of the butler has no bearing on whether the current reliance on kegs and lack of potion stacking is an ideal system.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Potion stacking is buggy. Staff is aware it needs fixed. While at it staff could maybe up the count of each stack as Volvo suggested and I wouldn't be upset if they did. Would do a lot for little effort.

Basically there is two sides to this argument:

A. This server isn't just about the convenience of PvPers. There's a market and a community to consider that is far wider. Resource gatherers, crafters, vendors, etc. PvP'ers have hardly been alienated, if anything the crafting community are the lepers here and that's inarguable.

B. Who actually cares about that market when those players who run it are buying regs at 2/4 from NPC's while afk, buying boards afk, running keg making macros afk, filling the kegs while afk, etc. If we take that away from them what are they going to do...something more interesting or productive with their time than setting up macros? Oh no! (of course that would require something more interesting or productive to do, from a crafting standpoint anyway)

In short: the current system works but could be better - at the cost of something no one cares about.

How I feel about it: indifferent.

But now I'd rather see crafting get attention, who gives a shit about potions honestly. I think this thread failed.

toddyboi

Master
Potion stacking is buggy. Staff is aware it needs fixed. While at it staff could maybe up the count of each stack as Volvo suggested and I wouldn't be upset if they did. Would do a lot for little effort.

A. This server isn't just about the convenience of PvPers. There's a market and a community to consider that is far wider. Resource gatherers, crafters, vendors, etc. PvP'ers have hardly been alienated, if anything the crafting community are the lepers here and that's inarguable.

B. Who actually cares about that market when those players who run it are buying regs at 2/4 from NPC's while afk, buying boards afk, running keg making macros afk, filling the kegs while afk, etc. If we take that away from them what are they going to do...something more interesting or productive with their time than setting up macros? Oh no! (of course that would require something more interesting or productive to do, from a crafting standpoint anyway)

In short: the current system works but could be better - at the cost of something no one cares about.

But now I'd rather see crafting get attention, who gives a shit about potions honestly. I think this thread failed.
I care about potions and so do alot of other people. If you look in similar threads, there are more crafters annoyed by this than pvpers.

Your argument is a fail.

Bromista

Grandmaster
God it was a joke get over yourself. Everyone uses potions calm the fuck down.

Point is, they have already been made more convenient to use so from this point on anything request that is put forth is for further convenience.

Think about it.

toddyboi

Master
How is your post a joke? You posted a massive essay which sounds like you have a grudge towards pvpers. And how are they convenient when there's about 20 different piles of potions in your pack or been limited to only 100 pots per keg?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Potions. Have. Been. Made. Stackable. They have been made more convenient for you, you're welcome! The only problem with them is that they don't always restack. Sometimes they just will NOT restack unless dropped in a keg and back out. That could be fixed. Maybe more than 10 pots per stack would be good. That would help a lot actually, and could end up happening as the result of this discussion who knows?

I don't have a grudge towards PvP'ers. The joke was saying that the thread was a fail because in the end I ended wanting something completely different for crafters and realizing that potions and kegs in their current form (bugs that should be fixed aside, I feel like I have to keep pointing this out) really aren't so bad after all.

I do think that the idea will not take off and nothing will be done, so yes it I do feel it will fail in that regard but I didn't have to say that. It's not over, there's still plenty of room for discussion. My "essay", if you bothered to read it, covered all sides pretty fairly IMO and was not a joke.

toddyboi

Master
What's the point of stacking 10 or so when they could just stack all of em? If it's a bug and they're are working on it that's good but I haven't heard any staff speak up about the issue yet.

You've lost me on your joke and whatever you're wanting. Done talking to some goose who just wants to debate for the sake of it.

drasked

Grandmaster
On the "other shard" potions would stack in to the 1000's which was really nice for stocking, 500 pot kegs were still being used for selling potions and for explo pots (those didnt stack)

Fenix

Journeyman

Good to see you're still here and still spewing logical fallacy, continue on Wadsworth Douchington V.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I think reagents should unstack and spellbooks should be unblessed.

Many players make money selling regs and spellbooks. Scribes and reg vendors should get the same opportunity to sell their crafts as alchemists.

Tamers lose pet xp upon death and warriors lose their weapons. Its only fair that a cheap 3k spellbook should go to corpse as well.

Fenix

Journeyman
Much <3 for my fans

Explain logical fallacy pls

I'd rather explain the theory of evolution to you, and sort out how low you are on that totem pole; but I don't have time for that, maybe if you weren't such a fucc boi...

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'd rather explain the theory of evolution to you, and sort out how low you are on that totem pole; but I don't have time for that, maybe if you weren't such a fucc boi...
Are you fucking ********?

Theory of evolution wut?

Totem pole wut?

People who say fuck boy, fuck boi, fucc boi, or any variation thereof are generally 100% bitches they selves.

You a *****.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I agree make them more stack able, I will just increase my price to adjust for having to use 100 bottles... The liquid is what maters to crafters, you can't buy gr potions or find them. so if I have to sell 100 filled bottles or 1 keg I will make the same profit. Like anything else the more activity with pvm and pvp the more sales. I say keep those two groups as busy as possible and I am happy. To me make some mobs even harder. Make a champ that doesn't go down quick! :)!!!

Yoko Kurama

Master
The system is fine, kegs are too cheap already. 0/10 I think the problems are not problems, and the solutions would take away from the game. Again, NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. IF IT IS NOT BROKEN, THEN LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
And honestly, how many players are going to uber-rage if keg sales dip due to implementing a system that numerous polls and threads have shown that the super majority of the player base wholeheartedly supports? None.

Fenix

Journeyman
Are you fucking ********?

Theory of evolution wut?

Totem pole wut?

People who say fuck boy, fuck boi, fucc boi, or any variation thereof are generally 100% bitches they selves.

You a *****.

ya sure w/e keep dickriding, its sorta ur talent...