Serious question

nah.. when they allowed the third accounts they forgot to give out the 4th charslot to those accounts... My third acct also only has 3 charslots.. gimme a 4th !!!

i am not sure but i was told that the free extra slot was only for the accounts activ while the 2 day rollback

God, I like you and we just had a good talk in-game. Clearly stat-loss is the hot topic here as just about everyone disagrees with item-based PvP and because of that I just don't see it happening.

Wands are awful, the only person asking for them is KAZ. On top of that, staff just put a ton of work into balancing weapon damage and AR and they risk disturbing that balance with these weapon properties that are getting dangerously close to wand country anyhow. Leaving it alone would leave things in a nice balance.

I don't see much need for further discussion on those subjects. Mere mention of all that stuff got immediate backlash and is contradictory to the mission plan for this server. The real discussion now is stat-loss if you ask me, striking the balance of risk/reward. Things have been out of balance in that department for some time and need correcting.

OH, and no one forgot to give anyone anything regarding char slots. Bonus slots were given to active accounts before 3rd accounts were allowed. The only people who would have gotten their bonus slots on additional accts would have been those that are whitelisted.

Not just a fourth slot, but an additional slot no matter how many you had. For me they were 7th slots.

God, I like you and we just had a good talk in-game. Clearly stat-loss is the hot topic here as just about everyone disagrees with item-based PvP and because of that I just don't see it happening.

Wands are awful, the only person asking for them is KAZ. On top of that, staff just put a ton of work into balancing weapon damage and AR and they risk disturbing that balance with these weapon properties that are getting dangerously close to wand country anyhow. Leaving it alone would leave things in a nice balance.

I don't see much need for further discussion on those subjects. Mere mention of all that stuff got immediate backlash and is contradictory to the mission plan for this server. The real discussion now is stat-loss if you ask me, striking the balance of risk/reward. Things have been out of balance in that department for some time and need correcting.

OH, and no one forgot to give anyone anything regarding char slots. Bonus slots were given to active accounts before 3rd accounts were allowed. The only people who would have gotten their bonus slots on additional accts would have been those that are whitelisted.

Not just a fourth slot, but an additional slot no matter how many you had. For me they were 7th slots.

I wonder why faction-have-to-be-seens like yourself comment on a topic such as Wands as a Faction item. The REAL issue with Wands on that other Shard was that some of their corrupt staff added 23023040350350 wands with 24035030505 charges, making them completely worthless. If they're balance and are quite costy, they're a good item. But since you've proven in the past to not know anything about UO and its mechanics, I'm not thinking that you could every possibly understand this.

I wonder why faction-have-to-be-seens like yourself comment on a topic such as Wands as a Faction item. The REAL issue with Wands on that other Shard was that some of their corrupt staff added 23023040350350 wands with 24035030505 charges, making them completely worthless. If they're balance and are quite costy, they're a good item. But since you've proven in the past to not know anything about UO and its mechanics, I'm not thinking that you could every possibly understand this.
But at that point, pvp is item based.. Which is what Shane specifically said would NOT happen multiple times.. With wands specifically.

And THEN, the group w the most money to buy the most/best wands wins. Period.

IMO they can be very very useful. For me UO has always about pulling off something. When I played Defiance they had magical jewellry and all that. There was nothing better than rolling over 3 people at the same time being OP as fuck - and there was nothing better than killing somebody who was stocked with 100k worth of magical items. Without items UO PVP gets boring after a while imo.. because there's only so many things you can do without running in a group. Wands are also a way for dexxers to survive against stun-zergs, etc. I'd give it a try - but if the overall playerbase decides/thinks that it'd be bad - then be it so. I'm all for listening to people who would be personally affected by such items but when people like @Bromista join these discussions its just meh.

I would btw. suggest altering wands a bit. Lightning wands need a small delay between animation and dmg hitting so that people can heal them without getting instantly dropped. Capping max dmg on them (8-12 dmg for a lightning wand?) and max HP healed would also be a good thing to do. Its just that I get bored alot off UO lately and spicing things up with some ERA ACCURATE items kyaan hurt.

stun zerg + lighting wands cant see how its helping to survive

well, in a 1v2 or 1v3 situation it would be a full / maybe slightly nerfed gheal. If you hit that one right + a gheal pot, you won't instantly die. That's a bit better than a promised dead once stunned 1v2, imo.

well, in a 1v2 or 1v3 situation it would be a full / maybe slightly nerfed gheal. If you hit that one right + a gheal pot, you won't instantly die. That's a bit better than a promised dead once stunned 1v2, imo.

Different strokes i rekon.. I think in a 1v3 .. the 1 should be dying or trying to haul ass. Unless the group is just terrrrrible..

IMO they can be very very useful. For me UO has always about pulling off something. When I played Defiance they had magical jewellry and all that. There was nothing better than rolling over 3 people at the same time being OP as fuck - and there was nothing better than killing somebody who was stocked with 100k worth of magical items. Without items UO PVP gets boring after a while imo.. because there's only so many things you can do without running in a group. Wands are also a way for dexxers to survive against stun-zergs, etc. I'd give it a try - but if the overall playerbase decides/thinks that it'd be bad - then be it so. I'm all for listening to people who would be personally affected by such items but when people like @Bromista join these discussions its just meh.

I would btw. suggest altering wands a bit. Lightning wands need a small delay between animation and dmg hitting so that people can heal them without getting instantly dropped. Capping max dmg on them (8-12 dmg for a lightning wand?) and max HP healed would also be a good thing to do. Its just that I get bored alot off UO lately and spicing things up with some ERA ACCURATE items kyaan hurt.

I disagree with everything here..seems mega WOWish... oh well .. guess we will see what happens..

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter how many times I get PKed I don't think there should be any perma stat loss for reds/pets/factioners - loosing the work and time you put in for anyone sucks.

I don't want to see wands appear on this shard, but it's not a deal breaker for me. (As long bolas don't make an appearance)

I do think there should be more of a risk for being red then there currently is but instead of hitting the reds stats/skills, why not hit their pocket books? Perhaps something like (Murder count * 100g = payout amount to killer), so a murder with 50 counts would pay 5k gold per death, removed from their bank and deposited into the killers bank. I'm just trying to throw something out there that will encourage anti pk's and add more risk to being red without having to log for X amount of hours because you died.

Back