Serious question

K A Z

Grandmaster
Well when the 4-5 guys shitting on them have been pvping for about 15 years str8 on this game, and the ones being shit on have little to no experience in PvP, what do you expect from them? Bring in two more toons to die and lose shit as well? Thats what some of you are not getting. Not everyone is a great pvper, or even a pvper at all. Yet you guys run around shitting on people and blaming them for how bad they suck at PvP. Not everyone enjoys PvP and its that simple. Most would rather take their lumps and gtfo rather than fight back.

you don't have to actually PVP when there's 10 of you and 5 of them. Throw own some walls, cast some EVs, get em stuck in spawn...

and if you totally refuse to PVP then its either off to a trammy shard or making friends who like PVP (IMO).

Don Key

Master
The real probelm is the people who do champs usually don't have pvp skills on their pvm characters. Every one of mine is at least 5x mage with 2x pvm skills for this very reason.

If people can't be prepared to fight for the champion, they deserve to lose it. Especially when the original party can die and come back to keep fighting for it when the reds can't because they will take stat loss. (bleh blah multiple reds on multiple accounts bleh blah)

Not to mention the fact that I have done champs in some of these champion alliances and they just sit there and let power/247/etc alts fight with the spawn. Knowing full well that there will be a gank squad coming.

I think the focus of this discussion has revolved around champ spawns. I havent heard a single PK complain about not being able to kill noobs in despise level one. And I somewhat agree with you guys. Champs are end game. The ones doing them should have SOME PvP skills. I fought just a few months ago to get no statloss at champs, and Im still not sure why it was taken away. You PKs have cried so much about penalties for being a PK, that I had to get out an opposing point of view. There are more PKs on this shard than ever was on OSI back in the day. Just ask yourself why that is?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Running defense on champs/harrys has been a part of UO as long as champs have been active if u cant defend your own champ then maybe pay some other guild to defend it for you? TBH i dont really care about dungeon statloss i can live with that but not in champs pls ffs...

More pks here than UO in 1997 jesus man wtf ? Every time u tired to leave the gz in brit back in 97 u had 10 reds ganking your arse.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
That is a true statement by malk.... Reds were deemed a plague. I loved order/chaos town wars but when I saw a red on osi I was prepared to run

Bromista

Grandmaster
But that's exactly what drove players away. Sure, some of them aren't needed. But many of them are in order to keep population up and keep the interest/drive of others players that may be on the fence.

Pks freely ripping on newbs (especially in the "newb" areas) will drive away potential donators. Small time players/donators help make the UOF world go round. Disincentivize ripping on those newbs and the server benefits from that and the PK hungry players will simply move elsewhere. The fruit may not be hanging quite as low, but it's there. Just gotta look for it.

Not all players have an imagination and police themselves like I do. I don't pk for the sake of killing people who don't stand a chance. Believe me, I could (I guess because I don't that makes me a Trammy) and in the past I have...but anymore I leave that shit for the weak-minded and faint of heart. Players like the @ guild, 'rats in the attic' or whatever they go by.

Those are the players that need to have their gameplay policed for them.

EA introduced Trammel. UOF isn't going 1/10th that far. Make it 1/20th. If they tip the balance too far, staff will adjust accordingly. Give them a chance, jesus.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yea I've noticed a whole hell of a lot of people 'misremembering' just how brutal OSI was. That or they lived in trammel/started after trammel.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I played a friends account in that era. As a casual I couldn't hang. I got my own acct after Trammel but I spent little time there, I stuck to Fel when I got on my feet. Were it not for Trammel I would not have had a place to play so I was thankful.

I want UOF to be a place to play for a long time to come. Don't you guys? It doesn't mean Trammel, it means one facet with a blend of ruthlessness and newbs friendliness. Glad that staff is finally taking steps to strike a better balance, not for my own protection, but for the longevity of the server.

Get with the program, UOF community.

Don Key

Master
Here's the thing. Gold was HARD to come by on OSI at that time and was especially so because of all of the reds. There were PK guilds that owned dungeons on SP and trust me, you couldn't do shit there without being ganked. Unlike trin in khaldun.

Here, gold is EASY to come by. Get killed, go pick yourself back up. losing 5, 10, 13k or more is no big deal here. Even a noob in despise can make good money (for a noob).

TheFallen

Grandmaster
you don't have to actually PVP when there's 10 of you and 5 of them. Throw own some walls, cast some EVs, get em stuck in spawn...

and if you totally refuse to PVP then its either off to a trammy shard or making friends who like PVP (IMO).
Really kaz your better than this. 5 pvp players in call versus 10 pvm randoms I'll take the 5 every day.

Don Key

Master
Really kaz your better than this. 5 pvp players in call versus 10 pvm randoms I'll take the 5 every day.

I don't think that's what he meant.

The 10 people can just be defensive enough to stop the assault with the help of EVs and spawn and walls and hiding. The point being they just have to minimally work together and stop labeling themselves as 'pvm randoms'.

Fight back people. Don't be bullied.

CVegas

Grandmaster
tumblr_naj9qdgkQO1r4jlglo1_500.gif

I'd like to know what shard you guys played on in 97 where you couldnt leave town without being PK'd. I played one of the most populated and most pvp oriented shards on UO. I rarely got PK'd. I remember crafting on the bottom of my small marble in cove because I wasnt worried about PKs really at all (I got PKd for that ;).) But seriously, people were so few and far between back then, that reds were much more rare than here. Maybe Im wrong and there were tons of PKs, but I was so bad ass, that no one fucked with me o_O

Don Key

Master
Siege Perilous.

Got pk'd everywhere.

Best time was on day 1 when I went into shame with some friends and the night sight wore off then I saw You Are Dead. Had no clue what happened.

Don Key

Master
Actually I think the best were just running from Yew to Brit along the xroads where the Orcs would sit hiding and insta-kill people with a dozen heavy archers.

Or straying too close to the City of the Dead in T2A trying to mind my business taming great harts.

Or running from WBB to the moongate.

Or not being able to farm Ice or Shame because UDL said so.

Or.. jesus.. I could go on forever..

I played seige in later years and I will give you that one. But really, did anyone play seige for anything other than PKing and Greifing? I know thats why I played it at least.

I played Atlantic LONG after trammel (when we could transfer toons to other shards) you guys were supposed to be THE PvP shard until we Great Lakers put that rumor to rest.

Yes Don, we all got PKd by orcs in yew, we all got PKd at moongates (brit skara and yew were the worst ones.) But I seriously cannot remember EVER being PKd in a dungeon, or while out taming, ect. Ive said this before in discussions like this, but GL must have been the best shard because I remember most PKs being in bucs den waiting for a fight, or hanging out around moongates waiting to ambush people. You knew exactly where the reds were going to be and you just avoided those areas if you werent looking for a fight.

Adramelech

Master
Siege Perilous.

Got pk'd everywhere.

Best time was on day 1 when I went into shame with some friends and the night sight wore off then I saw You Are Dead. Had no clue what happened.

I played on siege perilous since it's inception in Shadowclan. Southern yew was our territory, so we killed there a lot, and we warred with ELF a lot. Beyond our guild wars and evil/hero I feel like I face PVP a lot more often on here. I think the contrast is that PVP on here is almost ALL dungeon/champ, whereas siege it was mostly open world. I rarely if ever face open world PVP on uoforever beyond IDOC.

Don Key

Master
There were plenty of PKs in dungeons. But since you couldn't recall wherever you wanted it was possible to farm in spots that didn't get searched often.

I do quite a bit of open world PvP here Adramelech. Sadly, it RvB at brit bridge, or fighting a couple reds who house hide the second the odds arent in their favor. I miss the guild wars and massive battles outside of towns/moongates. I really think thats why I feel the way I do about PvP here. Its just gank squads everywhere. Reds get ganked overworld, while blues get ganked in dungeons.