Sallos Update

Psyc420

Master
his just happened to me too. Has anyone else encountered this?
I could be wrong but I think the reason it comes up as a Trojan is because the way the Code has been manipulated.
You will just have to either allow that program to bypass the AV or just disable the AV long enough to download.

DocOp

Adept
i finally got sallos to work. Only now when I run around, it appears I am accompanied by an ogre. I know it's because of my talisman. I know there is a fix for it. Only problem is I downloaded that file, put it into sallos, and it still persists. Am I supposed to add it to the client folder? What do I do? Ty

DocOp

Adept
Also, I wanted to keep steam for my crafting character. That won't even open now. Something about cannot find font.mul. Does this problem seem familiar to anyone? Help appreciated

drasked

Grandmaster
i finally got sallos to work. Only now when I run around, it appears I am accompanied by an ogre. I know it's because of my talisman. I know there is a fix for it. Only problem is I downloaded that file, put it into sallos, and it still persists. Am I supposed to add it to the client folder? What do I do? Ty

Yes all fixes are for the UO client, not the assist programs.

If you want to use both assist programs at the same time (sallos + uosteam) you need 2 installations of the UO client. Even if you don't want to use them at the same time i think it's wise to use 2 UO clients because the sallos fixes etc are not needed for steam.

DocOp

Adept
drasked, you have answered so many of my questions i have posed to the forums relating to almost anything concerning Uo. you are a fucking gentleman and a scholar.
for me to better understand though, the client I need to run steam, should it be an older client? or the one that contains the .uop files, which I gathered i needed for sallos. you mentioned teh fixes arent needed for steam, but i want to be certain that I get the proper client. primarily because if this is going to take me any more time, I would like to shorten it! i was given a mere taste of the smoothness of sallos and now idk if i can go back

drasked

Grandmaster
drasked, you have answered so many of my questions i have posed to the forums relating to almost anything concerning Uo. you are a fucking gentleman and a scholar.
for me to better understand though, the client I need to run steam, should it be an older client? or the one that contains the .uop files, which I gathered i needed for sallos. you mentioned teh fixes arent needed for steam, but i want to be certain that I get the proper client. primarily because if this is going to take me any more time, I would like to shorten it! i was given a mere taste of the smoothness of sallos and now idk if i can go back

Both Steam and Sallos run best on the UO client you install (and update) with the UOF Launcher.

Once you installed the UO Client with UOF launcer and fully updated it and applied all your mods (treehack etc) you want to make a copy of the UO folder (C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Ultima Online Classic) so that in the electronics arts folder are 2 folders, 1 named Ultima Online Classic and 1 named along the lines of Ultima Online Classic - copy

You will put all the Sallos related fixed in the original folder and tell steam to use the copy folder.

It's a quick and dirty explanation so let me know if anything is unclear.

DocOp

Adept
Worked like a charm. I play on both steam and sallos now. A shame really, that I went through all that trouble only to be bluntly reminded that I'm garbage at this game. I'll have to wait for sallos until my hotkey game is stronger. Thanks for the help drasked.

Should anyone stumble across this thread trying to get sallos working, you can pm me and I will do my best to help. I felt as though much of what I needed to know was strewn across multiple threads. It can be frustrating, but we are all playing a 20 yr old game so I imagine you have the required patience to be successful. Good luck and happy hunting

drasked

Grandmaster
Worked like a charm. I play on both steam and sallos now. A shame really, that I went through all that trouble only to be bluntly reminded that I'm garbage at this game. I'll have to wait for sallos until my hotkey game is stronger. Thanks for the help drasked.

Should anyone stumble across this thread trying to get sallos working, you can pm me and I will do my best to help. I felt as though much of what I needed to know was strewn across multiple threads. It can be frustrating, but we are all playing a 20 yr old game so I imagine you have the required patience to be successful. Good luck and happy hunting

If you want some help getting in to alchy duels or need some help with sallos settings/hotkeys drop me a PM.

Mordraer

Novice
I downloaded Sallos and replaced the files as instructed in the Ultima Online Classic folder as well as the Sallos data file. My UOF Launcher files are up to date. My Ultima Online Classic is fully patched. Everytime I open Sallos I get the immediate "Connection Lost." Not sure what to do at this point. Any ideas? I'm sure I've missed something simple but cannot figure out what exactly. Thanks in advance! :)

clutchxo

Grandmaster
I downloaded Sallos and replaced the files as instructed in the Ultima Online Classic folder as well as the Sallos data file. My UOF Launcher files are up to date. My Ultima Online Classic is fully patched. Everytime I open Sallos I get the immediate "Connection Lost." Not sure what to do at this point. Any ideas? I'm sure I've missed something simple but cannot figure out what exactly. Thanks in advance! :)
Make sure the character you are loggin into isn't in town. Once you get logged in on a character that isnt in town. Shut the music off. It causes you to crash in town after character selection.

Soulan

Neophyte
Hello,

it seems that the Sallos Client has not been updated for more than a year now. Therefore I have following questions:

1) Is this Opensource?
1.1) If Yes, what programming langauge?
1.2) If Not, I would volunteer to work further on the client as there is still a lot of work to do.

Kind regards,
Philipp (Soulan)

Phobos

Neophyte
Anyone else getting a virus pop on Sallos? Shows as a WIN32/Bitrep.A.

This is disheartening as the client is supposed to be tops for PvP.

Alucard

Grandmaster
please help - I forgot,
1) is there a way to add X1 Mouse button hotkey in Sallos ?
x1 mouse macro key ??? who knows - exist ?
macro key="69632" Mousewheel up
macro key="69634" MouseMid
macro key="69633" Mousewheel down
modBits= 1 - ctrl 2 - alt
2) can set hotkey macro on auto recall - use recalls in runebook not cast recall spell ?

Last edited:

khajja

Master
i remapped my addt'l macro keys to like ctrl shift f3, f4, f5 to get them to work.

you can do . recall RUNENAME

Alucard

Grandmaster
i remapped my addt'l macro keys to like ctrl shift f3, f4, f5 to get them to work.
you can do . recall RUNENAME
1) dont use two convenient buttons X1 & X2 on mouse bad idea
also the key settings difference between clients (razor, uos, sallos, orion) - should be minimal
but apparently in the sallos have not yet provided an X1 option...will have to use alt + ctrl MouseMid UP Down keys only

2) 'say . recall Runename' - its spell cast recall, i ask about - recall used by scrolls in runebook