RDA Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

girana

Grandmaster
So let me ask you , how are we abusing Warlock , Akor , Warden ? By putting a guy ( same as Arch Daemon ) to tell us when it spawns is considered abusing ? How is $ guild abusing anything in anyway ? I guess $ guild getting more pixels is causing you to have all these jealously / rage huh ?

coon he is young, he is raised in the "everyone is a winner generation" these kids dont understand that afford and dedication should be rewarded thats also why they hide themself in a 1800+ char guild and asking for free stuff all the time.

Mungo

Journeyman
I feel that the decision to ban Zelda from RDA's for a one time offense that happened such a long time ago is a major over reaction. Honestly, I would say this in defense of any player that doesn't have a history of repeat offenses. He's a guildy and a friend so I understand that my opinion is considered biased.

Let's take a moment and just consider the game play mechanics of RDA's in their current form. Bug abuse and exploits are to be condemned. Players that use a system to their advantage within a given rule set aren't to blame when a system is problematic. I say this so that it doesn't sound like I'm bad mouthing Werkt or anyone else that finds RDA's by using a script.

The current system of RDA's is the textbook definition of how not to implement end game content in an MMO. RDA's are the most sought after PvM activity in game. If you can find the RDA then its a quick way to have a decent chance at a relic. Unfortunately, the current system is designed so that the same people do them over and over. The scoreboard is certain proof. A guild that can auto script finding the RDA's will do most of the RDA's that pop up while at the same time attaining the fragments that provide the opportunity to do more.

RDA's have become the end game content for a relatively small amount of players who reap major rewards by doing them over and over for ages now. The current system just shuts out too many players who would love to do them but can't compete when players are auto scripting in greater numbers.

Here's a solution I propose. Either get rid of the tracking skill for finding them or implement a system that's like a crystal turn in. The "off to the races" approach is a bad approach.

Another idea is to alter the relic drop chance for Champs and RDA's. Champs allow more players to get involved and you can see the smaller blue guilds working together to do them. A few years ago champs would pop every four hours on the dot and have a multitude of different guilds doing them at the same time. This provided a sense of community and got a ton of players in the same area. These days everything in game is so insular. Altering the relics chances for champs and RDA's could shift players' focus. Make RDA's have a much smaller drop rate and give champs a much better drop rate.

The problem with removing end game content is just that- you remove incentive for getting there and for the players who are there. If there is something to strive for you will keep trying to get there. If everything is for everyone, which may sound good at first but rly isnt, then there would be no more end game goals. These kind of carebear complaints and mechanic changes killed osi. Please dont make it kill UOF!

Mungo

Journeyman
To clarify. The mechanics are there - its doable for anyone... why would you want to complain until u get it to where it suits your own or somebody particulars playstyle? Just adapt

girana

Grandmaster
To clarify. The mechanics are there - its doable for anyone... why would you want to complain until u get it to where it suits your own or somebody particulars playstyle? Just adapt

because everyone should be a winner

free 120 tamings and qs for everyone.

drasked

Grandmaster
The problem with removing end game content is just that- you remove incentive for getting there and for the players who are there. If there is something to strive for you will keep trying to get there. If everything is for everyone, which may sound good at first but rly isnt, then there would be no more end game goals. These kind of carebear complaints and mechanic changes killed osi. Please dont make it kill UOF!

What carebear complaint? He is spot on with his post.

Trying to defend how finding RDA's currently work is actually the carebear position because you know the majority of decent players are not even going to bother with something that dumb.

Implement an NPC to find RDA gates (just like IDOC) and let's see what happens :)

What carebear complaint? He is spot on with his post.

Trying to defend how finding RDA's currently work is actually the carebear position because you know the majority of decent players are not even going to bother with something that dumb.

Implement an NPC to find RDA gates (just like IDOC) and let's see what happens :)
Actually carebear is wanting an NPC to do the work for you... carebear.

Bromista

Grandmaster
For the life of me I can't figure out whoever initially brought up NPC's being involved in RDA's or why but I wish it would have never happened. It just distracts from having any meaningful conversation if the discussion starts shifting towards that.

RDA's really shouldn't have ever been made able to be tracked in the first place, never should have spawned in hotspots, faction portal, etc. Adding the portal gem to be able to see which ones were still up was nice but the gates should have always been totally random. If staff wanted to put some potential end game content in high traffic areas they can always pop an RDA at WBB at their discretion.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
For the life of me I can't figure out whoever initially brought up NPC's being involved in RDA's or why but I wish it would have never happened. It just distracts from having any meaningful conversation if the discussion starts shifting towards that.

RDA's really shouldn't have ever been made able to be tracked in the first place, never should have spawned in hotspots, faction portal, etc. Adding the portal gem to be able to see which ones were still up was nice but the gates should have always been totally random. If staff wanted to put some potential end game content in high traffic areas they can always pop an RDA at WBB at their discretion.

I agree with you on this .

But increase to 2-3 PS just to make it worthwhile for players to run the world and find it .

The dedicated/ hardworking gets rewarded concept .

drasked

Grandmaster
Actually carebear is wanting an NPC to do the work for you... carebear.

Perhaps we both have a different definition of the word carebear?

Here is the result of the first 2 google searches;

"Term applied by PvP (player vs. player) participants in an online role-playing game to those players are disinterested in PvP conflict."

"Carebears prefer completing in-game tasks without outside interference or interaction (violent or otherwise) with opposing factions."

Seems like making it more easy to find the RDA gate and thus increasing the conflict between players is the opposite of carebear.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Perhaps we both have a different definition of the word carebear?

Here is the result of the first 2 google searches;

"Term applied by PvP (player vs. player) participants in an online role-playing game to those players are disinterested in PvP conflict."

"Carebears prefer completing in-game tasks without outside interference or interaction (violent or otherwise) with opposing factions."

Seems like making it more easy to find the RDA gate and thus increasing the conflict between players is the opposite of carebear.

If you do this its just another reason to zerg

drasked

Grandmaster

See no problem with that. Recruit more men, allow multi client, implement anti-zerg mechanics...

But hiding endgame PVM behind a super wonky "mark the entire maps with runes and run a script" wall is beyond ********. I do have respect for the people that made the script and came up with the concept. But like 99% of you are using someone else script and someone else rune set and think they are doing something special.

(btw i have the script and the rune set, for anyone thinking im just asking for the game to be made easier)

Making RDA easier to find would make doing them significantly harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

Says the guy who took POWER and made a zerg EU alliance with $ and -PVM-.... you lost all credibility to cry about "zergs" after doing that.

See no problem with that. Recruit more men, allow multi client, implement anti-zerg mechanics...

But hiding endgame PVM behind a super wonky "mark the entire maps with runes and run a script" wall is beyond ********. I do have respect for the people that made the script and came up with the concept. But like 99% of you are using someone else script and someone else rune set and think they are doing something special.

(btw i have the script and the rune set, for anyone thinking im just asking for the game to be made easier)

Making RDA easier to find would make doing them significantly harder.

exactly this... IDOCs were changed for this very reason -- scripters used to dominate them. RDAs are currently the same way.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Says the guy who took POWER and made a zerg EU alliance with $ and -PVM-.... you lost all credibility to cry about "zergs" after doing that.

exactly this... IDOCs were changed for this very reason -- scripters used to dominate them. RDAs are currently the same way.

i can say what i want when i want and if you think your opinon means any more to me than the pile of dog shit in my garden you are wrong.

P.S $ and POWER still have less than 1 full party

FAMARA

Grandmaster
I feel like if your going to punish people after the fact, and this includes anyone even fake $ guild , then you need to just make EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME pay 7 mil in order to do rdas at all, because its not fair to make new punishments after people already broke the laws, accidentally or not.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I feel like if your going to punish people after the fact, and this includes anyone even fake $ guild , then you need to just make EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME pay 7 mil in order to do rdas at all, because its not fair to make new punishments after people already broke the laws, accidentally or not.

People in $ have only been jailed/banned for Multi client pvp and was way before the multi acct's rda rule was introduced. ( it was the reason for the rule change?)

hence they was not inculded sorry thou

FAMARA

Grandmaster
People in $ have only been jailed/banned for Multi client pvp and was way before the multi acct's rda rule was introduced. ( it was the reason for the rule change?)

hence they was not inculded sorry thou

your losing the whole point out of prejudice , take a moment , take a deep breath, think things through before you speak dude, after all its just a game.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
The main pitfall of RDA's is tracking them. Automated scripting has ensured that the largest PVM guild does the majority of them.

A better idea is to get rid of the tracking skill for RDA's and let RDA's have some sort of turn in system like dungeon bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.