PvP Balance - A Modest Proposal

thestand

Grandmaster
I'd be pissed as hell if I spent all summer grinding defense talisman only for it to be nerfed in the fall ;)

I'm gonna need a few more years to grind before y'all nerf it. Thanks

drasked

Grandmaster
See my previous post on page 2.

While i do like your agument of "this is just how it is now, deal with it" i would love for staff to come out and fully acknowledge how tali's work in regards to PVP and support those mechanics.

My fear is most staff don't care that much about pvp and the mechanics behind it. For example, when i asked shane what his opinion was on reds running around dungeons with def tali he seemed surprised and under the impression that this was already "fixed".

Personally i don't think it fits in with how PVP has worked on this shard, low on character / gold grind, high on the knowledge / player skill grind.

Last edited:
While i do like your agument of "this is just how it is now, deal with it" i would love for staff to come out and fully acknowledge how tali's work in regards to PVP and support those mechanics.

My fear is most staff don't care that much about pvp and the mechanics behind it. For example, when i asked shane what his opinion was on reds running around dungeons with def tali he seemed surprised and under the impression that this was already "fixed".

Personally i don't think it fits in with how PVP has worked on this shard, low on character / gold grind, high on the knowledge / player skill grind.
While that does sound like me (and good advise), I think my points were a bit more strategic than that broad statement.

I mean why not just embrace it?

drasked

Grandmaster
I see the mob aggro as a way to help out blues not hurt reds.

Not only does a def tali stop that help it in fact puts you at an even greater disadvantage than normally would be the case given normal aggro mechanics and no tali's.

Disabeling talis when you attack first or fight back would put the victim back at an advantage and would make dungeon pvp a more even playing field, where working mob aggro in your favor actually means something.

Not only does a def tali stop that help it in fact puts you at an even greater disadvantage than normally would be the case given normal aggro mechanics and no tali's.

Disabeling talis when you attack first or fight back would put the victim back at an advantage and would make dungeon pvp a more even playing field, where working mob aggro in your favor actually means something.
Maybe. I just keep my head down and keep PKing as normal. Just roll with the punches. Maybe one day I will put a talisman on my pvpers - but that would mean I'd have to pvm....

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So it's settled then, something needs to be done and I think a poll is in order but there lies another problem...... We don't have a Deadpool around...

@Shane

What are your thoughts on all of this? There has been some pretty damn good feedback to this thread and quite civil. Come forth boss, provide some words of wisdom.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Easy is a very relative word.. for those with lower playtime who come here to PvP and play around, having to grind out a tali takes a long time.. for those who power game 12 hours a day, 7 days a week perhaps it's easy to get...

girana

Grandmaster
Easy is a very relative word.. for those with lower playtime who come here to PvP and play around, having to grind out a tali takes a long time.. for those who power game 12 hours a day, 7 days a week perhaps it's easy to get...

maybe thats true i just wanted to use the same argument most of the players who cry here use when they defend cancer shit like wands, firehorns, explo pots, low armor, high spelldmg, fast cast speed.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
no change needed everyone can easy get tali.

Technically change is needed regardless, be it an update to the wiki that states that talismans are usable in Player vs player combat or a change to the mechanics of how talismans interact between two or more competing combatants. Whichever way you look at it, change is needed in some form.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster

Spot on mate. Im an adult, I work all week, after work the family wants to spend time with me and I have shit to do on my days off too. If a 20 years old game with a player base in their 30's is giving PVP advantages to players who have 12 hours a day to play then its not good. It puts barriers up for the casual gamer. PVMers should have high end stuff to aim for but surely everyone can see why PVP should be kept simple, especially if the shard wants to get more players PVPing.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Its all up to the pvp manager I suppose. Blair is it still? He hasnt been on the forums for a month by the look of it. Im guessing he wants the def tali to work as it is and wants wands in. None of the other staff seem to give a shit by the looks of it. Wonder if it benefited him or his guild...

toddyboi

Master
maybe thats true i just wanted to use the same argument most of the players who cry here use when they defend cancer shit like wands, firehorns, explo pots, low armor, high spelldmg, fast cast speed.
Buddy you have no idea how care bear the pvp is here.... you would be the kinda guy who would have 3 accounts ready to gate you out if you saw a red on uoforever.