PvP Balance - A Modest Proposal

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Boils down to casual vs. hardcore, the same argument thats been had since MMOs were a thing. There's no way (edit: that I know of) to properly balance without hurting someone. Long term players need to feel like their investments were worth it, and new players need to feel like the gap isn't too huge. Just wanted to point out that this isn't a personal issue like some people would make it out to be. It's a game and EVERYONE in this thread is biased, it's impossible not to be. No reason to throw out insults at each other.

This is what could be considered as one of those, ideal world posts.

There are many players from different era's of UOForever, some have played from the very beginning and some are relatively new. Throughout the many changes and stages, certain things have been implemented to cater for that current time. When there are large changes, such as a change in the population, a new meta arrives, an item becomes useful in certain areas when it shouldn't and all of that, threads like these appear. This stage could be considered the peaceful stage, after a war which spanned close to two years and changes made to balance things out a little amongst those fatiguing years, well they have lost their usefulness or, they have become too useful.

I found this thread to be quite civil all things considered.

De Medici

Grandmaster
True. But lets be real. This game treats its hardcore players EXTREMLY WELL. As a new player you are kind of fucked. You cant participate at anything. Thats why we ($N$) want to give something back and also teaches new players the game. You guys from $ could give something back as well. I saw you many times telling players how bad they are and stuff. You guys dont do shit for the shard. and thats just being real with you. We cannot always blame the admins for the mechanics, its also up to the big guilds to help new players establishing.

girana

Grandmaster
You guys dont do shit for the shard. and thats just being real with you. We cannot always blame the admins for the mechanics, its also up to the big guilds to help new players establishing.

We do alot for the shard we provide most of the RISK in the Risk vs Reward.
we are also the only ones who are fighting against all the zerg dosnt matter how are the odds.
also we provide tons of relics and high end powerscrolls.
also do we support the RP comminity with Gold and Prices for events.
my bank balance is the biggest gold sink of uof.

what does $n$ provide ?
account and goldsellers yeah nice scum.

if balance is fucked you have to blame the admins because its their job to keep it balanced.

De Medici

Grandmaster
You provide relics and powerscrolls? You are selling them after you raided the champs, and you raid all champs except of the $N$ ones, what is ok because its uo, you can do that.. Btw your prices are not the cheapest tbh.

That you support the RP community with gold and prices is great I didnt know that.

We teach players pvp and dont insult bad players what is worth a bit more i guess then selling relics, i dont see anything especially altruistic in doing that. We give casual and new players a home, we give them friends and a strong community. When did you guys recruited the last player? Right after World War II i guess.

I remeber coming back, at the first day a vanq guy told me how bad I am and that he wouldnt even go in the dungeon to kill mobs with me. We would never accept somebody like that in our guild cause its toxic. I dont say You ( Girana and Bobby) are doing that. But watch your players.

What do you mean by accounts? And goldsellers? What the heck?

Bobby123

Grandmaster
You provide relics and powerscrolls? You are selling them after you raided the champs, and you raid all champs except of the $N$ ones, what is ok because its uo, you can do that.. Btw your prices are not the cheapest tbh.

That you support the RP community with gold and prices is great I didnt know that.

We teach players pvp and dont insult bad players what is worth a bit more i guess then selling relics, i dont see anything especially altruistic in doing that.

I remeber coming back, at the first day a vanq guy told me how bad I am and that he wouldnt even go in the dungeon to kill mobs with me. We would never accept somebody like that in our guild cause its toxic. I dont say You ( Girana and Bobby) are doing that. But watch your players.

What do you mean by accounts? And goldsellers? What the heck?

That sounds like a storytime ! We raid all guilds champs regardless of guilds .

Also do you want to know who started shit talking us first ? I have screenshots to show the GM of N$N guild making real life attacks on us.

Let me know if you want me to post on forums.

De Medici

Grandmaster
If this is true i appologize.

But come on. Your guild raids a shitload of champs and thats absolutly ok! If you dont want to be attacked in a dungeon you shouldnt play uo. But dont tell me you are the good ones because youa are selling the PS and Relics. We do the same.

And btw: You guys are great players, for sure one of the bests on the shard.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
If this is true i appologize.

But come on. Your guild raids a shitload of champs and thats absolutly ok! If you dont want to be attacked in a dungeon you shouldnt play uo. But dont tell me you are the good ones because youa are selling the PS and Relics. We do the same.

And btw: You guys are great players, for sure one of the bests on the shard.

Thx for the compliment and i think you will make a great PR guy for N$N guild but let me clarify some things for you .

$ guild doesnt raid champs as much as before due to the fact that almost half of our guys taking a long break ( i hope they come back soon) , our champs raiding activity is limited . And even when we do raid , we raid with only a handful of people unlike 15 ebolt rails so its much easier to defend against raids .

Last but not least , i feel a little trash talk will spice up and motivate opposing teams to pvp against each other but please be assured most of $ guys will not make real life attacks
( please take a screenshot if found otherwise ) and will not trash talk unless provoked .

Is there actually one single post of you where you dont accuse other people of crying? This one gets old. If you dont like what people post why you participate at the discussion at all?

Much like in RL, the masses don't know what's actually good for them.

They need someone like me to take the heat and give direction. It's in their interests, they're just too left or stupid to know it yet.

StegcO

Grandmaster
We do alot for the shard we provide most of the RISK in the Risk vs Reward.
we are also the only ones who are fighting against all the zerg dosnt matter how are the odds.
also we provide tons of relics and high end powerscrolls.
also do we support the RP comminity with Gold and Prices for events.
my bank balance is the biggest gold sink of uof.

what does $n$ provide ?
account and goldsellers yeah nice scum.

Discorso_Montagna-900x600_c.jpg

Grug'Bug

Adept
Power raids are great, frustrating but great. Forces people to plan ahead if they want to try. We defended a raid a few weeks ago and everyone was very jazzed about it. But they aren't raiding every champ either. What he says is absolutely right, they are small raiding parties.

Salad Snake

Neophyte
The wiki says that talismans only effect PvM. That the bonus;s do not apply when combating other players. Is this not the case?

TyroneG

Master
That's a little disingenious to say that they work in PVM only. He specificallly asked if the bonuses do not apply while in combat. They in fact do work in many cases and also in some cases work against players pets. To pretend like they have no effect on PVP is just silly.

SirLothar

Grandmaster
That's a little disingenious to say that they work in PVM only. He specificallly asked if the bonuses do not apply while in combat. They in fact do work in many cases and also in some cases work against players pets. To pretend like they have no effect on PVP is just silly.
How many times I'm running through a dungeon on a meta mage fighting someone and I unload an ebolt on a mob and get all my mana back...

TyroneG

Master
How many times I'm running through a dungeon on a meta mage fighting someone and I unload an ebolt on a mob and get all my mana back...
I don't know?

I mean if that does work why wouldn't you do it anytime you get the chance? I would.

Fact of the matter is @Staff needs to come to a decision as to whether they definatively want these additions to affect PVP or not. Stop with these half-assed "this can work but not this" bs. Either talismans work in PVP or they dont.

girana

Grandmaster
I don't know?

I mean if that does work why wouldn't you do it anytime you get the chance? I would.

Fact of the matter is @Staff needs to come to a decision as to whether they definatively want these additions to affect PVP or not. Stop with these half-assed "this can work but not this" bs. Either talismans work in PVP or they dont.

its not 100% to get some more its no point to do.