PvP Balance - A Modest Proposal

toddyboi

Master
oh yeah pvp here is super nice and balanced thats why we have all the time 1000 of players pvping.
I sometimes wonder why you comment in the pvp section, you're clueless. Every post from you is about attacking the vet pvpers. I understand that there's a massive skill gap between newbs and vets in pvp but removing these items isn't going to change the outcome of the fight. It's still going to be the vets killing groups double their numbers with a little more running.

I sometimes wonder why you comment in the pvp section, you're clueless. Every post from you is about attacking the vet pvpers. I understand that there's a massive skill gap between newbs and vets in pvp but removing these items isn't going to change the outcome of the fight. It's still going to be the vets killing groups double their numbers with a little more running.

Your "vets" aka ego fragile blue wand gank mages call in more numbers and more often on my solo chars than newb reg only bards part of big guilds like werkt.

Them some skillful vets wanting some top notch 1v4+ pvp bro.

Strangely and with much contradiction, the PVP scene was very much alive when a certain guild was around.. Amazing how we cut off our nose to spite our face sometimes in life.. Guilty as charged.. Still meditating over this oversight...

Trust me, no one but that guild of misfits and the Marlboro man misses the 10+ man spell closest rush.

Shit was totally dicks.

I'd take usain bolt wand mages fielding 3 to 6 over 10-15 man spell rails closest anyday of the week.

Pvp is light cause of players being players - i.e 20 yr old game means cheap shit gets discovered and abused - from assist programs to game mechanics.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Trust me, no one but that guild of misfits and the Marlboro man misses the 10+ man spell closest rush.

Shit was totally dicks.

I'd take usain bolt wand mages fielding 3 to 6 over 10-15 man spell rails closest anyday of the week.

Pvp is light cause of players being players - i.e 20 yr old game means cheap shit gets discovered and abused - from assist programs to game mechanics.

The PVP was one thing, the numbers were another. PVP without numbers = more to complain about.

Janesworld

Apprentice
The PVP was one thing, the numbers were another. PVP without numbers = more to complain about.

Every since a good portion of our server left for Albion our active player base has been in a slow decline.

I guess eqms wasn't as bad for the server as we had all thought. A guess getting rid of a few bad apples was worth losing the whole tree?

@Shane @eppy @Adam West

What's going on? Can you please give us any feedback? This has been talked about for years now and still hasn't been addressed properly.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Every since a good portion of our server left for Albion our active player base has been in a slow decline.

I guess eqms wasn't as bad for the server as we had all thought. A guess getting rid of a few bad apples was worth losing the whole tree?

@Shane @eppy @Adam West

What's going on? Can you please give us any feedback? This has been talked about for years now and still hasn't been addressed properly.

To be on a relatively neutral ground, numbers do usually pick up towards winter time. It will however, be interesting to see how much of an increase we will get this time around. I don't condone what some of those members were up to and such, even the play style frustrated things somewhat, but in times like this with an ageing game and other areas of the game not working with current times, well, it could be a very cold winter...

toddyboi

Master
Your "vets" aka ego fragile blue wand gank mages call in more numbers and more often on my solo chars than newb reg only bards part of big guilds like werkt.

Them some skillful vets wanting some top notch 1v4+ pvp bro.

You play OP dexer templates in enclosed areas (dungeons) and complain you get ganked. You think a mage wants to stand still and fight you while you smack them with a high end katana with dp and throw pots? You have rocks in your head mate!

Want to learn how to heal wand syncs? Grab a mate and explode, lightning sync each other until you're both comfortable healing the sync.

Not sure how many times you have be told this, hopefully it penetrates through that skull of yours soon. Also your guild is probably the biggest abusers of wands lol.

toddyboi

Master
and thats is what get most player quit

when the avg player cant beat a good one 4 v 1 they quit.
He's talking about vets ganking him you nub. So you're telling me a bunch of vets are wiping the population but not players that soley pk playing OP dexer templates killing hundreds of newbs/pvmers trying to farm? Too much haterade for Ole @girana

girana

Grandmaster
He's talking about vets ganking him you nub. So you're telling me a bunch of vets are wiping the population but not players that soley pk playing OP dexer templates killing hundreds of newbs/pvmers trying to farm? Too much haterade for Ole @girana

its not only the op dexer its also mages that are op.

The problem are not the PKs 90% of the players know before they start about pks.
The problem is that the even a avg Player has near to 0% chance to escape from a good Player.
Most of all the PvP "balance" changes over the last were no balance changes it were just changes to make it for Vets on stupid Sallos easier to dominate the avg player.

faster spellcast, higher spelldmg, non random explo timer, pet speed nerf, stupid low armor, wands, firehorn and many more all this bullshit made the avg player quit.

khajja

Master
no change needed everyone can easy get tali.
time and cost for talisman and relics are obviously not easy. troll
maybe thats true i just wanted to use the same argument most of the players who cry here use when they defend cancer shit like wands, firehorns, explo pots, low armor, high spelldmg, fast cast speed.
making a comparison that really makes no sense strictly to BS. troll
oh yeah pvp here is super nice and balanced thats why we have all the time 1000 of players pvping.
this shard has the most pvp of any shard and you criticize it for not having thousands of players pvping despite the games age? troll
and thats is what get most player quit
when the avg player cant beat a good one 4 v 1 they quit.
this quote was either intentionally missing the point of the post it was responding to, or girana just misunderstood. troll (or poor reading comprehension)
The problem is that the even a avg Player has near to 0% chance to escape from a good Player.
an average player has nowhere close to a 0% change to escape from a good player. you can say its lower than it should be, but it obviously isn't 0%. troll