Promoting healthy and fun PvP

GimpCent

Grandmaster
If you can put it in your mouth, it's real?

G4K7R9N.jpg

Shake

Master
Pets only move fast when following not attacking. Is this a concern?

There is nothing broken with defensive wrestling. We have tested and confirmed it is working right. This is one of those things that was never broken but a rumor got out that it was for some reason and everyone believes it without even testing themselves.
If bola's are added, pet movement when following will still be a problem. A tamer will be able to speed right up infront of you with their pets before all killing.

I'm basing the chance to be hit off how uoforever felt. I dunno if it's the same here, but it does genuinely feel like dexxers hit much more often. I guess it was just more visible when casting? Getting disrupted constantly, with 7-8 second bandie timers is pretty painful.

Cheapsuit

Master
I'm basing the chance to be hit off how uoforever felt. I dunno if it's the same here, but it does genuinely feel like dexxers hit much more often. I guess it was just more visible when casting? Getting disrupted constantly, with 7-8 second bandie timers is pretty painful.

Please tell me this isn't turning into a dexxers are OP thread lol. Maybe I just suck (probably) but mages have pretty much been raping me since I got here.

Edit: Pardon the use of words ladies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheapsuit

Master
I did however create a character which I call a "Mage Stomper", just haven't been able to catch a red mage solo yet to test him out. Thnx Glutt ;)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Something needs to be done with the non stop marathons that are faction PVP -- very unfun(and yes, they still die after 15minute runs)

Fattson

Grandmaster
Something needs to be done with the non stop marathons that are faction PVP -- very unfun(and yes, they still die after 15minute runs)
What if, once flagged or flagged on in the pvp zone, you wouldn't be allowed to leave that zone for a set period of time? You could still run or try to get away, but your options would be limited. This would increase action in that zone and people who aren't interested in pvp or the scouts/healers that are non faction might think twice before trying to help out their faction buddies.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
What if, once flagged or flagged on in the pvp zone, you wouldn't be allowed to leave that zone for a set period of time? You could still run or try to get away, but your options would be limited. This would increase action in that zone and people who aren't interested in pvp or the scouts/healers that are non faction might think twice before trying to help out their faction buddies.

Too complicated, just put in faction bolas

Fattson

Grandmaster
Too complicated, just put in faction bolas
That doesn't so anything to fix blues/grays who aren't in factions from getting in the way of legit faction fights. That's one of the things that prevents people from having interest in solo and small units in factions. You have to assume that even the blues are your enemies.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
That doesn't so anything to fix blues/grays who aren't in factions from getting in the way of legit faction fights. That's one of the things that prevents people from having interest in solo and small units in factions. You have to assume that even the blues are your enemies.

If youre that much of a *****, then play a faction blue.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I dont understand your scenario?
It's my understanding that, and something I've witnessed first hand, that factioners like to use their buddies who aren't in factions to help gank solo factioners. Maybe if these blues/grays weren't allowed to leave the pvp zone for a set period of time after flagging, they would think twice about doing something like this and maybe just bit the bullet and join factions themselves. I think it would fix both of our main concerns.

As far as running from one side of the map to the other, Derjizz and his crew are really the only people that I'm currently seeing doing anything like this.

Edit: Yes, I know you would prefer to see large group faction pvp, but I think there's nothing wrong with helping out the solo and small group guys.

n8m8

Journeyman
UO faction pvp is already all about zergs. Basically just two groups and they both play with 6 or more. Weird part is that I'm not even sure if they fight against each other.

Cheapsuit

Master
One idea that may work to get more one on one pvp is to make the old order and chaos system the way it used to be. So if you join factions you aren't able to join chaos or order and if you join chaos or order you're unable to join factions. Or is that how it is now?

Fattson

Grandmaster
One idea that may work to get more one on one pvp is to make the old order and chaos system the way it used to be. So if you join factions you aren't able to join chaos or order and if you join chaos or order you're unable to join factions. Or is that how it is now?
That is not how it is now.

My concern with that is guilds probably wouldn't be able to ally unless it was with other order/chaos guilds and that would just encourage more zerging.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
UO faction pvp is already all about zergs. Basically just two groups and they both play with 6 or more. Weird part is that I'm not even sure if they fight against each other.

CoM has been getting shit on badly by newbs in purple for 2 weeks straight now(when TB and CoM joined forces).

Factions just needs bolas.