Promoting healthy and fun PvP

It's my understanding that, and something I've witnessed first hand, that factioners like to use their buddies who aren't in factions to help gank solo factioners. Maybe if these blues/grays weren't allowed to leave the pvp zone for a set period of time after flagging, they would think twice about doing something like this and maybe just bit the bullet and join factions themselves.

I believe this is simply a flaw with the current notoriety system. If having more than 0 and less than 5 murders meant something this wouldn't be a problem. Simply enforcing faction style recall penalties to people who have more than 0 counts would be a good start.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I believe this is simply a flaw with the current notoriety system. If having more than 0 and less than 5 murders meant something this wouldn't be a problem. Simply enforcing faction style recall penalties to people who have more than 0 counts would be a good start.
I think they should be the same. If you flag on any character you cannot: 1. enter a house 2. recall 3. enter a moongate.

lollo

Grandmaster

lol what?? And you're the "pvp manager"??

So with your fucked up logic i should have "faction style" recall penalties on my bard and on my tamer simply because sometimes i have to kill some griefers who loot my mobs? (because on this server if someone shoots 2 energy bolt at the balron i am killing they can loot and remain blue)

Fattson

Grandmaster
What if murder had a weight? What if committing a murder had three counts if you have less than five counts? Shit happens, let them get away with one. But not two.

lollo

Grandmaster
What if murder had a weight? What if committing a murder had three counts if you have less than five counts? Shit happens, let them get away with one. But not two.

Yeah, let's change a rule that has been in for 17 years.

No, 1 kill 1 count, 5 counts you're red. Make it if you kill a factioner and you're blue you get 3 counts. But not if I kill other blues

Fattson

Grandmaster
Yeah, let's change a rule that has been in for 17 years.

No, 1 kill 1 count, 5 counts you're red. Make it if you kill a factioner and you're blue you get 3 counts. But not if I kill other blues
Stop killing people on your tamer, you low-balling, griefer noob!

haha. Kidding. Not about the low balling though.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
lol what?? And you're the "pvp manager"??

So with your fucked up logic i should have "faction style" recall penalties on my bard and on my tamer simply because sometimes i have to kill some griefers who loot my mobs? (because on this server if someone shoots 2 energy bolt at the balron i am killing they can loot and remain blue)

Yes -- if youre getting griefed and you dont want to have counts, just recall instead of trying to kill a blue. If theyre blue to you, how are they griefing you to the point you NEED to kill them.

lollo

Grandmaster
Yes -- if youre getting griefed and you dont want to have counts, just recall instead of trying to kill a blue. If theyre blue to you, how are they griefing you to the point you NEED to kill them.

I Spend time killing a mob, they loot it, i want to kill them.

Just yesterday i spent more than 5 minutes to kill a greater blood paragon in shame 5, this dude did maybe 150 mana worth of damage while my meta was doing this job, and then he loots and remains blue? Wtf? Of course i'll attack him anyways

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I Spend time killing a mob, they loot it, i want to kill them.

Just yesterday i spent more than 5 minutes to kill a greater blood paragon in shame 5, this dude did maybe 150 mana worth of damage while my meta was doing this job, and then he loots and remains blue? Wtf? Of course i'll attack him anyways

Thats on you -- you chose to kill someone who did enough damage to a mob to be able to loot it. Your heart wasnt true so you killed a blue which means you cant recall away when flagged because you dont have 0 counts anymore.

Pandone

Grandmaster
4hrs statloss flat ftw. Just launched a poison dexxer under 6 pets, got a kill and instastatted by some fagt who should play wow btw

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Bump for the following:

1. Implement faction bolas -- the fact you can run from brit no cut to yew mg in a faction fight is stupid and the definition of unfun PVP
2. Fix flagging when you have more than 0 murder counts -- if you have more than 0 murder counts you can no longer recall if someone flags you. This will make people think twice about blue PKing.
3. Fix factions so you cant leave and rejoin a faction immediately
4. Fix alchemy damage across the board, dexxers dont need any buffs

lollo

Grandmaster
Number 2 is plain stupid. And i really mean it. Like the most stupid thing i read on this forum since simple jack merr's posts.

Definitely agree on 3 and 4

Mixed feelings about bolas, but why not, i'd give it a try

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Number 2 is plain stupid. And i really mean it. Like the most stupid thing i read on this forum since simple jack merr's posts.

Definitely agree on 3 and 4

Mixed feelings about bolas, but why not, i'd give it a try

So you have no argument as to why its stupid, just that its stupid?

There is no penalty for blue PKing as it is now, there is no penalty for being red in terms of escaping any fight you dont want.

This ruleset worked well on other shards for years which is why its so sad to see it not implemented here.