Promoting healthy and fun PvP

Fattson

Grandmaster
Bump for the following:

1. Implement faction bolas -- the fact you can run from brit no cut to yew mg in a faction fight is stupid and the definition of unfun PVP
2. Fix flagging when you have more than 0 murder counts -- if you have more than 0 murder counts you can no longer recall if someone flags you. This will make people think twice about blue PKing.
3. Fix factions so you cant leave and rejoin a faction immediately
4. Fix alchemy damage across the board, dexxers dont need any buffs

I disagree with #4. The increased pot damage has been on of the things that staff has done to fix the "across the map" runners.

Cheapsuit

Master
I remember not being able to recall or going through a gate if currently flagged but never because you had a murder count. if you flagged and was in battle you would get the you cannot flee during battle but there was never any crap about you can't recall because you got a murder count 3 days ago crap. And I've played since spring of 2000.

lol what?? And you're the "pvp manager"??

So with your fucked up logic i should have "faction style" recall penalties on my bard and on my tamer simply because sometimes i have to kill some griefers who loot my mobs? (because on this server if someone shoots 2 energy bolt at the balron i am killing they can loot and remain blue)

There are three simple solutions to the above statement.

1. Get better at looting

2. Macro off the count while you sleep because this isn't OSI and it doesn't take 40 hours

3. Stop killing the balron, come back on a PVP character and take a count on a character you don't farm on

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I remember not being able to recall or going through a gate if currently flagged but never because you had a murder count. if you flagged and was in battle you would get the you cannot flee during battle but there was never any crap about you can't recall because you got a murder count 3 days ago crap. And I've played since spring of 2000.
Your first post that makes any sense. IDK wtf they are talking about. IF YOU FLAG ON ANY TOON YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO RECALL, GATE, OR GO INTO A HOUSE.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I think they are talking about if someone flags on you and you have 1+ count you cannot recall. Basically if you want to blue pk someone then you cannot opt out of pvp once someone has attacked you.

I think they are talking about if someone flags on you and you have 1+ count you cannot recall. Basically if you want to blue pk someone then you cannot opt out of pvp once someone has attacked you.

This seems like a curious rule which would no doubt greatly benefit red zergs raiding Champs and other PvM events. Reds don't even currently have to live by this rule, why would you now apply it to blues? The game allows you 4 murders before turning red for a reason... some criminal scum hide behind the protection of Lord British, and yet still must be dealt with.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This seems like a curious rule which would no doubt greatly benefit red zergs raiding Champs and other PvM events. Reds don't even currently have to live by this rule, why would you now apply it to blues? The game allows you 4 murders before turning red for a reason... some criminal scum hide behind the protection of Lord British, and yet still must be dealt with.

We've been asking for it to apply to reds for the longest time. Blue PKing is something that should be discouraged as new players often have no idea it is coming(whereas with red names, they know the drill).

If your heart is true, dont kill blue.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'd prefer it so that if anyone initiates a fight on anyone, then they cannot recall or enter a gate/portal. Then again, I never offscreen or call in on 1v1s either, so I am a true rarity.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
some fucing janky ass rules. If you are aggressor only: no house no gate no recall, if not aggressor you can do all. Why is that so bad? Because we cant gank factioners caught out as hard?

We've been asking for it to apply to reds for the longest time. Blue PKing is something that should be discouraged as new players often have no idea it is coming(whereas with red names, they know the drill).

If your heart is true, dont kill blue.

I'm having a hard time believing eqms is concerned for the safety of blues against blue pks. (Is this even a problem? I play with more noob blues than anyone and Noto pk is a rare concern.)

I do however see how this change would create a distinct advantage for red groups, as with most eqms suggested changes.

That being said I will leave it to the wisdom of the shard overlords and adjust accordingly.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I'm having a hard time believing eqms is concerned for the safety of blues against blue pks. (Is this even a problem? I play with more noob blues than anyone and Noto pk is a rare concern.)

I do however see how this change would create a distinct advantage for red groups, as with most eqms suggested changes.

That being said I will leave it to the wisdom of the shard overlords and adjust accordingly.

It gives an advantage to anyone who doesnt kill blues... it hurts reds the most(no longer can we just recall in someones face if the situation goes poorly).

If you dont kill blues then this would only benefit you. If you do kill blues, you deserve consequences for killing innocent players.

lollo

Grandmaster
Having 1 count =/= killing blues

I'm all for reds not being able to recall if flagged, and i have two, but not for blues. Gtfo with that shit, this would make life sooooooooo easy For reds.

Seriously, a lot changed on this shard to fit your needs, there is no reason to make eqms life even easier