Promoting healthy and fun PvP

GimpCent

Grandmaster
NO wants NO Bolas!!! Already been stated. Just drop the shit. This would only be used by Script kidides like Males, LHR, Marely, Aga, and the like

That is not a logical argument, you could generally say that about anything new. So that is really sort of pointless to say at all, anything can be scripted so we may as well not add anything ever right?

How closed minded of argument is that? Come on stop it with the negative banter say something of value at least

Furthermore there is plenty of people who do want bolas and plenty more on top of that that recognize the issue with the ease to which one can just run away from any conflictive player interaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

U-Haul

Master
That is not a logical argument, you could generally say that about anything new. So that is really sort of pointless to say at all, anything can be scripted so we may as well not add anything ever right?

How closed minded of argument is that? Come on stop it with the negative banter say something of value at least

Furthermore there is plenty of people who do want bolas and plenty more on top of that that recognize the issue with the ease to which one can just run away from any conflictive player interaction.

sometimes running is the only option for a solo player vs x# of players.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
NO wants NO Bolas!!! Already been stated. Just drop the shit. This would only be used by Script kidides like Males, LHR, Marely, Aga, and the like
Good argument....not.

Are you that trash you're afraid of things that the
the majority of us pvpd with and against for years?

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
I think the owner said no bolas. You'll just be beating a dead horse by bringing them up.

By the way IMO all this super technical stuff just scares away new players, and without them PvP will never truly be healthy or therefore fun.

Maybe it's time to stop posting negative comments like that the pvp here isn't good. It's good. Lots of ppl are having fun.
Im not, I agree with everything chad said 100%

Cheapsuit

Master
3. Explosion potions - Exp pot is 18-22 for mages with alchemy and 22-26 for dexers with alchemy. There's absolutely no kill potential as a mage against any decent player in a 1v1 scenario. Potion damage simply needs to be upped. I think a good starting point, would be to bring mages up to par with dexers at 22-26 (12-16 without alchemy)

You couldn't be more wrong, Sir. Alchemy bonus for explosion pots needs to be done with altogether.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
You couldn't be more wrong, Sir. Alchemy bonus for explosion pots needs to be done with altogether.

I just want it to be fair. Currently it is not. In small groups and solo, alchemy damage is necessary because of all the other broken shit on this server. I think that's what chad is getting at. How often do you really see a purple pot being tossed around in large group pvp? Unless theres some major kiting going on, pots are seldom being thrown in big group fights.(correct me if I am wrong here, just speaking from my own experience) If it were up to me, we would have 100% uor based rules and default spell damages which would include no alchemy bonus.

The people that have taken the time to master explosion pots want it stronger obviously, and the ones who suck with it or are too lazy to practice/learn, want it nerfed. Story of UO.

Cheapsuit

Master
I just want it to be fair. Currently it is not. In small groups and solo, alchemy damage is necessary because of all the other broken shit on this server. I think that's what chad is getting at. How often do you really see a purple pot being tossed around in large group pvp? Unless theres some major kiting going on, pots are seldom being thrown in big group fights.(correct me if I am wrong here, just speaking from my own experience) If it were up to me, we would have 100% uor based rules and default spell damages which would include no alchemy bonus.

The people that have taken the time to master explosion pots want it stronger obviously, and the ones who suck with it or are too lazy to practice/learn, want it nerfed. Story of UO.

Pots should never ever be able to turn corners and climb trees and board airplanes. have you even seen anyone throw a bottle or rock or anything for that matter and it ran around a house? Pots here do all of that and it's quite disgusting. Adjust the damage of pots to whatever you like but please stop then from not being able to be dodged.

Cheapsuit

Master

There's a flip side to that coin... maybe the ones who take the time to "master pot throwing" are the very ones who suck at normal pvp.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Pots should never ever be able to turn corners and climb trees and board airplanes. have you even seen anyone throw a bottle or rock or anything for that matter and it ran around a house? Pots here do all of that and it's quite disgusting. Adjust the damage of pots to whatever you like but please stop then from not being able to be dodged.

well I see how having them heat-seek makes them viable at all, if they didn't do it then they just flat out wouldn't ever work on a mounted server. But I do think they should have a few tiles less range for targeting them on opponents.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
The issue with them is the timer. Only hit miss is from range or LOS. If there were no timer and a factor of hit, miss, impact then I can see it working the way it originally did in the classic Ultimas.

Kilike

Grandmaster
like i say if a person had 70 pots thats like 10 stacks of pots to be looted. people are more likely to pass up looting 70 single pots but would not be able to resist looting 10 stacks of pots.

So there you are wasting time looting stacks of pots when you could be saving that time and pvping and then running alcy afk overnite. Not to mention even more time wasted unloading and organizing said stacks of pots.

You miss the point where if it was your corpse you'd pass up looting them too. It's fucking stupid period. Make pots stack like normal when you die. It doesn't increase the chance of more pvp the way it currently, it's just dumb. ALSO make it so pots can be dragged ONTO a Butler without first having to be put into a keg.

If we add Bola's it should be a slow not a dismount (otherwise Ethys are useless)

@Lord Hampton Royce quit crying about peace. Get over it.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
You miss the point where if it was your corpse you'd pass up looting them too. It's fucking stupid period. Make pots stack like normal when you die. It doesn't increase the chance of more pvp the way it currently, it's just dumb. ALSO make it so pots can be dragged ONTO a Butler without first having to be put into a keg.

If we add Bola's it should be a slow not a dismount (otherwise Ethys are useless)

@Lord Hampton Royce quit crying about peace. Get over it.

hey no namer, dont make me get @Fattson to take you down a peg