Promoting healthy and fun PvP

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I participate in every aspect of this game, and yes I used to pvp all the time, I stopped when the only option became zerg cause I don't enjoy it.

What faction were you in? Factions has always been about large group fights so Im curious as to how you PVPd in factions without a group.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I know its exaggerated but how long can someone run before mounts lose stam in factions? I had my tamer in factions just for bonus scrolls and found during my normal rotation of spots to farm I'd get the message.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I know its exaggerated but how long can someone run before mounts lose stam in factions? I had my tamer in factions just for bonus scrolls and found during my normal rotation of spots to farm I'd get the message.

You can run from brit no cut to yew mg on an ethy without getting stammed out -- you can legit run for a good 15-20minutes straight. Bolas for factions are the answer for this and theyre being implemented, praise be to @Adam and @Blair

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
So let me get this strait.

You recruit the largest zerg, then start using what others think is lame tactics, when they cry and ask for changes your say, group up and adapt. Ok

Then they do, making a zerg and using tactics you think are lame and your response is to adapt right? Oh, you mean rather than adapt you cry for changes that help your play style?

Wow the hypocrisy is real.

#affected

did you get it strait?

Messremb

Grandmaster
What faction were you in? Factions has always been about large group fights so Im curious as to how you PVPd in factions without a group.
At what time? I was sl for a while, ran a com guild right before a faction wipe, then took a break and lost my crew, tried to start a sl crew 2 or 3 months ago but after getting zerged a few times with 2-4 I said fuck it and stopped.

Ask psb and paws, I pvped with them a ton back in the day.

P.s. You are welcome to 1v1 me, loser never comments on pvp again! shouldn't be scared i'm just a pve rda guy right?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Heres a question for you @Messremb :

If you and your guild have 5 people doing an RDA and a red comes in, you guys gonna fight him 1v1 while the other 4 sit out? If not, ZERG ZERG ZERG OMG ZERG.

It's all relative -- you think EQMS is a zerg? You realize LORE alliance fields twice our numbers, right? Its just that theyre blue so they dont get the hate and #affected people that we do.

Kilike

Grandmaster

If you and your guild have 5 people doing an RDA and a red comes in, you guys gonna fight him 1v1 while the other 4 sit out? If not, ZERG ZERG ZERG OMG ZERG.

It's all relative -- you think EQMS is a zerg? You realize LORE alliance fields twice our numbers, right? Its just that theyre blue so they dont get the hate and #affected people that we do.
Used to... Used to field twice your numbers. I'd say it's pretty even now unless your numbers have died down a bit since I was in there.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Used to... Used to field twice your numbers. I'd say it's pretty even now unless your numbers have died down a bit since I was in there.

So where is the outrage and incessant crying about LORE's zerg?

What people seem to forget is that more than half my guild are newbs who have 0 PVP experience and are learning the game. What other faction crew takes in newbs with no experience? The 14+ people in the CoM zerg?

Aside from TRIN, I cant think of any other guild except EQMS that takes brand new players and introduces them to large scale PVP.

Messremb

Grandmaster

I'm sorry gluttony I can't hear you over the sound if that dodge!

Still wondering why it's ok for you to cry and get the game changed but others just need to adapt?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I'm sorry gluttony I can't hear you over the sound if that dodge!

Still wondering why it's ok for you to cry and get the game changed but others just need to adapt?

Who is crying? If you think faction fights should be a 20minute run every time, then thats your opinion. It is my opinion and the opinion of MANY others who think that running for 20minutes every fight makes PVP unfun(see the OP in this thread).

You wanna cry about numbers? Numbers isnt a game mechanic, numbers is a sandbox feature. Endless running is a game mechanic(one that was solved on EVERY other UOR pvp shard). We are just trying to make PVP(starting with factions) on UOF just as good as it was on uoforever.

Kilike

Grandmaster
So where is the outrage and incessant crying about LORE's zerg?

What people seem to forget is that more than half my guild are newbs who have 0 PVP experience and are learning the game. What other faction crew takes in newbs with no experience? The 14+ people in the CoM zerg?

Aside from TRIN, I cant think of any other guild except EQMS that takes brand new players and introduces them to large scale PVP.
Lore isnt going out using those "noobs" as meatshields. They aren't actively going and pvping. Hell most of lore turns tail when reds show and thats something they've been working on. Just as many noobs as you have in eqms. Lore has. They're just tamers who are terrifed of pvp rather than the noobs who want to pvp that you have. Lore also isnt on the forums crying about everything. Minus that all guard change. Which I laughed at and told them doesnt affect them like they think.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
You have no clue what you're talking about LHR, we booted EQMS from our alliance. Glutt got mad we didn't give you two more days to collect more loot. Keep my name out of your man-loving mouth lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry all i read was "we paid you 5mil to help us do champs because we cant defend ourselves, and now we cant do champs because we cant defend ourselves and eqms wont protect us anymore. this is why im upset"

Kilike

Grandmaster
sorry all i read was "we paid you 5mil to help us do champs because we cant defend ourselves, and now we cant do champs because we cant defend ourselves and eqms wont protect us anymore. this is why im upset"
If they paid 5mil thats funny, but honestly I think lately I've seen more power and money at spawns then eqms...

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If they paid 5mil thats funny, but honestly I think lately I've seen more power and money at spawns then eqms...

Our focus:

1. IDOCs
2. Factions
3. Champ Spawns / RDAs
4. random field PVP

#1 and #2 have been keeping us away from #3

p.s.

yes, they paid 5mil

Kilike

Grandmaster
Guess that makes sense. I dont personally care much for factions. I'm more of 1-3-4 mixed with solo or small group pking. Though I havent messed with factions much as most groups seem to small for it.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Factions are a bit pointless here so I dont blame you -- sigil bonuses are pretty much worthless again and the one reason to have sigils, war horses so you dont get bolad, provide no benefit until faction bolas are implemented.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Who is crying? If you think faction fights should be a 20minute run every time, then thats your opinion. It is my opinion and the opinion of MANY others who think that running for 20minutes every fight makes PVP unfun(see the OP in this thread).

You wanna cry about numbers? Numbers isnt a game mechanic, numbers is a sandbox feature. Endless running is a game mechanic(one that was solved on EVERY other UOR pvp shard). We are just trying to make PVP(starting with factions) on UOF just as good as it was on uoforever.
Ever here of cut offs? Sounds like it's a sandbox issue not a mechanical issue.

#learn2stun