Poll: Slower bandages

Slower bandages, bad or good?

• Total voters

cups

Grandmaster
Def not a tantrum. I think that tantrum must not translate to Chinese very well or something idk.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
My stealth archer is a pure dex build. With 40 int, I need some ps so i can add some magery into my build for some mini heals.

Overall i am content with this change as it includes buffs to counter balance it. Though i do agree as mentioned before that the cast speed of some lower level spells (like heal) may need looked at.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Def not a tantrum. I think that tantrum must not translate to Chinese very well or something idk.

Wow ! No wonder you are permanently banned on discord . Look at the racist jabs you are making !

Well done though ! Now everyone sees it on forums !

Please stay on topic btw @cups regardless on how toxic you are ! This isnt the pvp section

TyroneG

Master
These bandage times have been in place for over 3 years. Why has it become such an issue in the last few months? The armor nerfs have been in place for around 1.5-2years. There has been tons of pvp if all kinds in time and yeah some have grumbled about it off and on but they have been squeaking that wheel ear piercingly loud in the last few months.

I've consistently stated since day 1 bandages have been way too fast here. Probably the reason that more people are vocal about it now are is because of other changes have taken place and that PVP is less consensual and more so focused around PKing in dungeons. Honestly under the current system (even if you take the bandage nerf into consideration) there is no reason to play anything but a dexxer if you are a solo PK in dungeons.

I'm honestly not entirely sure about the armor nerf and what all it entailed, but armor does seem to be in a very shitty spot. The negligible, or in most cases nonexistent, dexterity loss on all armor is just such a bad idea. Instead of having to pick between having a lot of AR and losing a substantial amount of dexterity (thus swinging slower and bandaging slower, but taking less melee damage) or having less AR and keeping their dexterity high (thus swinging more often and bandaging faster, but taking more melee damage) players can simply have the best of both worlds. Currently there is no reason at all to ever wear armor such as studded, bone, or ringmail. Really to an even lesser extent there is not much point in even chainmail/platemail for the most part. Dragon armor simply outshines everything with no dex loss, high armor rating, ease of obtainability, and relatively cheap price. Honestly dexterity loss for existing pieces (the few that actually have it) should at least double and dexterity loss on other pieces be added and adjusted according to how much armor it gives. This also would hopefully give crafters a reason to craft stuff like barbed studded suits and other armor instead.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I've consistently stated since day 1 bandages have been way too fast here. Probably the reason that more people are vocal about it now are is because of other changes have taken place and that PVP is less consensual and more so focused around PKing in dungeons. Honestly under the current system (even if you take the bandage nerf into consideration) there is no reason to play anything but a dexxer if you are a solo PK in dungeons.

I'm honestly not entirely sure about the armor nerf and what all it entailed, but armor does seem to be in a very shitty spot. The negligible, or in most cases nonexistent, dexterity loss on all armor is just such a bad idea. Instead of having to pick between having a lot of AR and losing a substantial amount of dexterity (thus swinging slower and bandaging slower, but taking less melee damage) or having less AR and keeping their dexterity high (thus swinging more often and bandaging faster, but taking more melee damage) players can simply have the best of both worlds. Currently there is no reason at all to ever wear armor such as studded, bone, or ringmail. Really to an even lesser extent there is not much point in even chainmail/platemail for the most part. Dragon armor simply outshines everything with no dex loss, high armor rating, ease of obtainability, and relatively cheap price. Honestly dexterity loss for existing pieces (the few that actually have it) should at least double and dexterity loss on other pieces be added and adjusted according to how much armor it gives. This also would hopefully give crafters a reason to craft stuff like barbed studded suits and other armor instead.

Hey @Young Star , this is called putting across his view / position across and stating the reasons etc . whether you agree with him or not .

So your way of saying " xxx has been done last 3 years so it should remain the same " is just not good enough.

I am just trying to make everyone understand if you think you have valid reasons to agree or disagree with the changes , at least state your position and explain the reasons so people know where you are coming from.

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
no magery 7x alchy, poison.

Sorry 20 magery lol

720 skill cap by chance? you could squeeze in 40 magery by dropping alchy to 80.

imo you over committing if you are losing 1v1s with that build. Just learn from your mistakes and you'll be gravy bb. That build is great for clearing out dungeons and still very strong 1v1, if you play it right you will make them burn all their cure pots and finish them off with pots. I prefer gm magery on my dexxers you can do a lot with it. Try 7x alchy and GM magery instead of poisoning

Deimos

Adept
log on your mage, ill get on a dexxer that I haven't played in 6+ months n I'll still put in that work, jimbo.

ps you logged onto uof lately? its a dexxer's paradise

pps

id add a heli or flube video but 2lazy. You get the point.

man i NOT PLAY ON MAGES
and on this videos 2h dexxer right? and killing noobs right??

i am talking about REAL FIGHT!!!

and my FAVORITE video dexxer vs mage : 1 min 53 sec !!!

look!!!mega super FLUBE choose DEFENCE tactic to kill mage!!!and almost DIED!!!
WHY HE CHOSEN THIS TACTIC?!!! ANSWER RIGHT HERE!!!!
it's tourney AFTER BANDAGE NERF AND ARMOR BUFF !!!!! LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

And ANOTHER Funny Video:

yes yes i guess Heli dont know HOW TO KILL GOOD MAGE but ANYWAY
it is fight where mage HAVE around 45-50 armor :D LOL look at the heli kryss damage :D

Last edited:

Xiulan

Master
I provided my insight. Unfortunately you don't agree with what I have to say so you don't think it's a valid opinion. Also, my toxicity? I barely hear a peep from you in uoforever or on the forums unless it is something negative so please don't be a hypocrite. Maybe we should both work on being less negative.

I was referring to your personal attacks on Girana. Constructive critique of mechanics changes is not toxic.

It needs to be fixed because how op it is in pvp and pvm. You shouldn't be able to sit there semiafk facetanking mobs as dexxers, not even staff likes the way it is, the only reason why it hasn't been changed is because the overload of trammy tears that come with it. It's really easy to adapt you just gotta be a little more aware and kite the mobs more. With slayer ar, talismans, etc this really should be a nonissue. I can't remember that last time I died on a pvm char to mobs. I get your a newer player Xiu but I promise its really not a big difference, plus I know you like working talismans. Try adding some slayer ar to the mix! its op!

I've never even heard of you, so I'm not sure why you think you know anything about how I play. But based on what you've written here, I get the impression that the only dexxer you've played has a defense talisman. All this stuff about semi-afk tanking high level mobs and never dying on a pvm character is pure nonsense. Even my level 10 zerker can't take on high level mobs without kiting and off-screening, and it dies multiple times per day.

My swords mage with low dex will be unplayable with this change, and I might as well scrap my scribe heal mage too because it can barely survive as is, and once the crybabies get their way on this one they'll go after mini heal next because nerfing other people's templates is the only real "pvp" they enjoy.

Lexington

Grandmaster
720 skill cap by chance? you could squeeze in 40 magery by dropping alchy to 80.

imo you over committing if you are losing 1v1s with that build. Just learn from your mistakes and you'll be gravy bb. That build is great for clearing out dungeons and still very strong 1v1, if you play it right you will make them burn all their cure pots and finish them off with pots. I prefer gm magery on my dexxers you can do a lot with it. Try 7x alchy and GM magery instead of poisoning

Yes 120 skill cap

What I'm trying to say is not all dexer templates are OP... my guy is VERY well equipped and I do play it pretty well but with out magery and relying on heal pots and bandages... increasing the timer is very detrimental to a non magery build. As it is UOF has more or less forced all dexers to have magery. I've got the SS to re- skill her but I'm just stubborn and am trying to hang onto a lost template.

Deimos

Adept
@Lexington

Dude!!!1h dexxer with poison and without magery CANT kill good mage!!! it is sad but fuck
it's uof!!! MAGERY it is BEST SKILL IN GAME!!!

and GM'S wanna nerf BANDAGES AGAIN!!!!! SECOND FCKING NERF LOOOOLLLLLLLL
sweet jebus when will it end?

Maybe just DELETE HEALING SKILL?!!!
all mages will be happy,90% play on mages and cry about bandages,MAYBE AFTER DELETETING HEALING THEY STOP CRY?!!!
or no not delete just make bandage not useable in fight LOOOLLL if you attacked or attacked you, you cant use bandages?!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

cups

Grandmaster
I haven't put any real thought into this but maybe someone else will. What if bandage timer also took into consideration the character's intelligence. I don't see a "pure dexxer" having too high INT, obviously they don't want to be mind blasted but they aren't going to have 45+ INT. Anyway, I'm just spitballin' I don't know if it's a good idea or not. Maybe someone could build on that or pick it apart.

TyroneG

Master

yes yes i guess helli dont know HOW TO KILL GOOD MAGE but ANYWAY
it is fight where mage HAVE around 45-50 armor :D LOL look at the heli kryss damage :D

I'm not sure what the rest of your post really means or what points you are trying to get across, but regarding your heli video he isn't exactly a fair representation of a good dexxer vs a mage. If this was against someone like Genocide Pete, Marley, Grainger, or others on a dexxer the results would have been much different. Also this is a pit fight which doesn't exactly extrapolate dexxers many strengths when it comes to PVP. Had these be setups in the field instead of enclosed in the pits he probably wouldn't have died a single time.

As to your point on my armor, I believe I had right at 45 armor since I was using a barbed runic kit and have the + AR faction robe and cloak. I'm not going to speak to different AR values and how they affect weapon damage as I'm not entirely sure how this is all calculated, but I will say that I do not like the idea of stacking armored clothing. I don't like the fact that any clothing can give AR period, much less the fact that you can wear more than one piece.

As to the kryss damage, the video was edited and cut down to only show his deaths. It didn't show the many times I just barely lived or all the times he would hit me for lots of damage. I will say that when compared to katanas all weapons seem inadequate. Katanas for whatever reason swing faster than any other weapon while dealing similar or more damage than most other 1 handed weapons. When looking through the server code eppy was pretty baffled when looking at katanas raw numbers compared to other weapons.

I'm not sure why other people are mentioning 2 handed weapons and throwing pots as a bad thing. If anything I'd want to give the ability for archers to throw pots with a bow in hand just the same (albeit with some other changes as well). Disallowing this would only make more people play 1 handed katana wielding dexxers (who I think are in many ways stronger anyways).

Dude!!!1h dexxer with poison and without magery CANT kill good mage!!! it is sad but fuck

I'm not sure what server you are playing, but you are way off base. If anything it takes a GREAT mage to even have a chance at killing a somewhat decent dexxer. Any dexxer with half a brain simply won't die in a 1v1 scenario. When you turn the roles around a decent dexxer will have no problem at all killing mages of similar or even greater skill.

Last edited:
The bandages in relation to UOF take at least an extra 3 seconds to apply comparatively.
There is no way this is true.
" Dexxers are OP on uof for a number of reasons

-nerf to barbed armor
H ybrid barbed armor + blessed AR clothing gives 28 AR. UOForever barbed armor + blessed AR clothing gives 28 AR (30 with a +5 faction robe). If both H ybrid and UOF independently lowered their leather AR values, maybe there was a reason.
-buff to weapon dmg
Explain. If you're purely talking about axes, say it.
-no stam loss
You mean no stam loss when RUNNING? If so, say it.
-high swing speed/hit chances
Relative to WHAT? Last I checked, the hit chance is 50% against a target of equal skill, just like UO has ALWAYS been on EVERY server.

Now for fun, here's my barbed armor mage standing toe-to-toe against a valorite-katana-using warrior who has 120 str, 110 dex, and explosion potions every five seconds that never miss. Dexxer damage is too OP, guuuuuuyz! REMOVE PURPLE POTS!

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
I've never even heard of you, so I'm not sure why you think you know anything about how I play. But based on what you've written here, I get the impression that the only dexxer you've played has a defense talisman. All this stuff about semi-afk tanking high level mobs and never dying on a pvm character is pure nonsense. Even my level 10 zerker can't take on high level mobs without kiting and off-screening, and it dies multiple times per day.

My swords mage with low dex will be unplayable with this change, and I might as well scrap my scribe heal mage too because it can barely survive as is, and once the crybabies get their way on this one they'll go after mini heal next because nerfing other people's templates is the only real "pvp" they enjoy.

I've read your uofdiscord rants about talismans. Just figured, congrats on your lvl 10 talisman. You should learn how to pvm, you seem to be doing it wrong.

The first rule of pvm, don't bite off more than you can chew. You should really try wearing slayer AR and use a swampy dragon. Do you need proof of how easy pvm is here on UOF? I'll have a friend make a 5-minute video and we can end this discussion real quick.

I clear out shame 5 faster on my zerker (lvl 10+slayer ar +slayerwep) then I can with a 120 tamer with lvl 7meta+mare. I can facetank 3 demons with a deftali wearing slayer ar + swampy,i semiafk trained my defense tali up to 7 while getting piles of gold and silver. The only time i died when i was caught slipping semiafk. Low dex? try a dex pot or bless spell. PvM is cake here, not sure how you can argue otherwise.

ps when I say semiafk I'm talking about split-screening or dual screens. Working on one, checking my health bar from to time on the other.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
The slower bandies with some buffs seems like it may still be ok. Perhaps it needs a one second nerf and smaller buffs as a COMPROMISE. The casting speed on lower level magery probably needs a small nerf and the armor should have dex trade off.

Also fuck pots being a necessity to pvp as some template diversity could fix this issue.

Oh and archery needs moving shot or something to give it some appeal and ability as it cant poison, paralyze, concussion blow or reduce armor effectiveness.

Either way. Small changes and everybody should be open to minor buffs and nerfs that help balance pvp and create template diversity.

Deimos

Adept
AGA !!!
i am talking about MAGES STRONG ENOUGH they very very strong!!! And nerf bandages(again lol) it is terrible!!

yes i see Heli did many HUGE mistakes!!!

and you think 45 armor it is ok for mage? man usually i have 48-50ar on my dexxer

YOU cant KILL GOOD MAGE WITHOUT MAGERY on 1h build!!! 100% sure!!!
and again my opinion DEXXERS NOT OP!!!! TOTTALLY NOT!!!!

Last edited:

Deimos

Adept
i call 911
all uof mages go to psychiatric hospital

dexxer op,dexxer op,dexxer op....
mages need some meds because they killing dexxer in 10-20 sec but they wanna kil dexxer INSTANTLY

it is FAKE!!!!!

Lexington

Grandmaster
@Lexington

it's uof!!! MAGERY it is BEST SKILL IN GAME!!!

and GM'S wanna nerf BANDAGES AGAIN!!!!! SECOND FCKING NERF LOOOOLLLLLLLL
sweet jebus when will it end?

Maybe just DELETE HEALING SKILL?!!!
all mages will be happy,90% play on mages and cry about bandages,MAYBE AFTER DELETETING HEALING THEY STOP CRY?!!!
or no not delete just make bandage not useable in fight LOOOLLL if you attacked or attacked you, you cant use bandages?!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I've said that before... I loose to a good mage almost every time unless I get lucky. UOF is not pure dexer friendly.