PKs - Too Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletore1

Neophyte
I'm all for PvP, and a trammel hater, but there's an abundant amount of PKs on this server... What kind of stat loss / deterrence is there currently for murderers?

No, don't listen to these whiners! This is what ruined UO when it came out in 1998. UO is not a care bear game. It's a dog eat dog world where anything goes. In fact, what they need to be doing is REMOVING TEMPORARY STAT LOSS!. Pk's should never be punished for anything. There is absolutely no point or thrill in playing UO without tons of reds running around. PK'S should be encouraged to murder! I want to die, I want all my shit stolen, and I want to come back and get revenge!

Point being is the temporary stat loss is already bad enough and I vote that they never punish Pk's. Remove all penalties for dying as a red and they will find greatness!

xodustrance

Apprentice
I don't know - completely new to uo - I gm mining and blacksmith with only a single instance of griefing in that time. Just killed a pack horse.

It will be a while before I learn pvp, but don't paint it like dark fall. Pks aren't bad at all. When I am Pvm, I can usually out run them or recall in time.

Bank often, it's fun the way it is and I'm still kinda insta kills for reds.

xodustrance

Apprentice
Where the balance pays off for me - runebooks are blessed. I can have a straight lumberjack / warrior no magery. Pack a 5k gold bag for the outing. If you lose it - its 5k. even for a noobie like me, maybe 5 mins on the ettins and ogres? To lazy to grind ettins? Sell 10$ in dono coins and adventure for a month.

I've met more kind people exploring the UO world than I have reds, believe it or not...

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Ever since I started fighting back and stopped running like a little b*tch, half the reds scamper off and at the very least I can rout them enough to get a proper recall done without being ganked/interrupted. Learn to travel light so even if you die you're only out like 5k

Learn to stay healed, survive the first mage dump and play cat & mouse with the reds and you can usually outsmart them or flat out win

Nanashi

Grandmaster
If I end up pking on my red, I have only one red. I usually take the gold and or regs. After that I will offer a res if the person doesn't rage quit saying OooOOoooOo. If the person was running saying "Noob" or "You suck", well the other option is to loot everything, chop the body, take the head and say "OooOoo I have your head..." Too many reds? Nay, I don't have problems seeing reds because its usually a party of two and half the time trying to catch up a stun or paralyze over and over while the other dumps spells. Your best bet when farming is to be overly prepared before you go out. Once you learn to be very paranoid than its just a game of cat and mouse.

S

Shane

Super old thread...
Locking this one.

We keep a really, really close eye on how many reds are on the server, always!

We have a new system coming in to fight them soon as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.