PKs - Too Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusion

Master
I'm all for PvP, and a trammel hater, but there's an abundant amount of PKs on this server... What kind of stat loss / deterrence is there currently for murderers?

Last edited by a moderator:

gucci mane

Apprentice
if a red character's head is chopped off by any player around the corpse, it can be brought to a bounty hounter in britain to instantly statloss the red murderer. (just about cuts your stats in half or maybe 100skill-40=60 after statloss so basically can't play that char) for statloss time

statloss time basically means 40-48 hours after accumulating a lot of murder counts

id say statloss works pretty good right now. that char is fucked for ~48 hours. they can log on other chars and still play.

what you should really do is just make a recall macro and farm safely. keep an eye out for any players (even blue) and treat them with suspicion. it takes just a few moments to bank. a little pain to save your gains

illusion

Master
I've played Ultima for ~13 years, I'm well aware of how to recall and bank. Hard though when you recall in and there's a poison dexer already on your screen, running at you spamming his attack blue hotkey. Or all of a sudden 10 reds come rolling thru with paralyze pre-casted. This is the most PKs I've ever seen on a free server. I'd like to suggest permanent stat loss after any red death, without turning a head in.

gucci mane

Apprentice
I've played Ultima for ~13 years, I'm well aware of how to recall and bank. This is the most PKs I've ever seen on a free server. I'd like to suggest permanent stat loss after any red death, without turning a head in.
if you are aware of how to recall and bank then you should have literally no problem, its so easy to avoid combat

illusion

Master
if you are aware of how to recall and bank then you should have literally no problem, its so easy to avoid combat

In the middle of trying to corral a few monsters that can instakill me, worrying about dodging 5x para's is nearly impossible. What to focus on more, scanning your screen for red names or worrying about actually killing the monster?

gucci mane

Apprentice
In the middle of trying to corral a few monsters that can instakill me, worrying about dodging 5x para's is nearly impossible. What to focus on more, scanning your screen for red names or worrying about actually killing the monster?
get better because yes I can do that, yes I can notice red players pouring in and hostile words of power filling the air

uo is murphy's law, if something can go wrong, it will

in uo when something is the worst moment for PK's to show about, you bet your ass that is exactly when they appear

if a red character's head is chopped off by any player around the corpse, it can be brought to a bounty hounter in britain to instantly statloss the red murderer. (just about cuts your stats in half or maybe 100skill-40=60 after statloss so basically can't play that char) for statloss time

statloss time basically means 40-48 hours after accumulating a lot of murder counts

id say statloss works pretty good right now. that char is fucked for ~48 hours. they can log on other chars and still play.

what you should really do is just make a recall macro and farm safely. keep an eye out for any players (even blue) and treat them with suspicion. it takes just a few moments to bank. a little pain to save your gains

wasn't there a way to collect bounty for the murderer's head? hm, if not, the current system looks more counterproductive to me.... it encourages the blue player to kind of "revenge" the kill, meaning, turning it into a "who fucks who" situation, leaving the actual fun away and encouraging this type of "who fucks who" thinking. hm, on the other hand, bounty hunting for blue players could be cool where rewards is money or rares.

illusion

Master
get better because yes I can do that, yes I can notice red players pouring in and hostile words of power filling the air

uo is murphy's law, if something can go wrong, it will

in uo when something is the worst moment for PK's to show about, you bet your ass that is exactly when they appear

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been able to dodge them pretty easily in the past, but there's been so many of them recently I don't even have time to begin my provo macro before I have to spam my recall macro.

illusion

Master
IPY had a Paladin system that seemed to work pretty decent. If I remember correctly a Paladin that killed a red would cause the red permanent stat loss, Paladins also had some kind of tool in their pack that would track PKs. They would literally go to dungeons, and just as PKs hunt for Provokers, Paladins would hunt for PKs.

S

Shane

Reds are of a plenty, but the balance is coming. More blue (good) players are taking stand. If you are in mirc you can alert alot of people where reds are, which alot of anti-pk guilds will come and kill them for you. This is what they do, and have fun doing. As much as there are reds, i want to see players polciing other players.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
I agree that there is far too much reason to go PK vs anti-PK currently.

If you PK you have a chance at some pretty good loot, if you anti-PK, you get beat up leather and maybe some regs or a GM weapon.

Didn't play much IPY but it was my understanding that the Detective/Pally systems were pretty heavily exploited.

I'm sure Shane and co. could implement something similar that would actually work (they've succeeded where others have failed at so many other aspects of a freeshard) but I seriously doubt anything will get done on that front anytime soon.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
In an ideal world you could have a tax system where farmers pay mercs to run around statting PK's and take them out of the fight for a few days of easy farming, but that would be difficult to organise here. As it stands I think it's as fair as it can be in terms of rules/mechanics, it's just up to the players to do something.

Nurayia

Expert
its annoying, but it is like that. I don't have much, maybe 30k Gold right now, so my loot means alot to me... but this is UO, not WoW. Adapt & deal with it.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I've seen HUGE anti-PK groups around lately.. PKs might be many but there are atleast as many people out there who're hunting PKs.

Status
Not open for further replies.