PKs - Too Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Lol i know. Honestly thats the reason i love this game and it still has a following. That feeling of loss makes you become emotionally atrached and invested in the game itself. In the indistry they call this immersion. Look at what games are doing now. Day z and all that. Everything is going survival and even hardcore. Anyway before i ramble on about the industry and why i love it im just gonna say the day they give in to crying is the day i go to a different free server. Crying ruins all games. I mean sure cry about loosing somestuff. But dont think for one second that you have the right to start a mass following of kids to cry with you on changing a core feature of gameplay. If it aint broke dont fix it and since this serer has the numbers than it clearly aint that broke

Nurayia

Expert
If it aint broke dont fix it and since this serer has the numbers than it clearly aint that broke
I wouldn't pin that on numbers, really. There are countless more ways to enjoy UO than just PvP.

(just thinking, if there were no Tamers and Miners out there, what would all those reds do? ...)

Kraden

Grandmaster
Thats true but you have to remember ruining the gameplay for a certain portion of gamers that choose to play it their way, although frowned upon by alot of people, will in turn ruin it for alot of people.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Unrestricted PvP and thieving is what makes UO what it is. People don't go back to play a 17 year old game because it has crafting and PvM. Every MMO has that, and it's usually a lot more interesting. People go back to UO because you can trap boxes and poison cakes and leave them out in the streets for newbies to find, then loot them clean.

Nurayia

Expert
Just saying that not everyone is here for PvP. And call me strange but at times I find it very satisfying to just sit and mine away and RP some... ofc the unrestricted environment is part of it. A huge part. But not everything :)

And - to keep PvP alive - you need diversity. I'm not asking that "gameplay" should be ruined for anyone, I just want to remind you that predators need prey, so keep the grazing grounds green enough.

Ima2.0

Neophyte
Compromise incoming:

Trammy up the "newbie" levels of dungeons (Shame 1/2, Cove 1, etc) with perma stat-loss. Coming from someone who has been pk'ed ~6 times today fighting paragons on Shame 5 I don't have a problem with the current red population. Sure some of them are no-talent ass-clowns I could down on my 5x tamer if it wasn't 4v1 but thats UO. But let that be a problem of someone who is used to the game and established. Let the nubs looting 65 gold off harpies learn the game.

gofer

Grandmaster
Compromise incoming:

Trammy up the "newbie" levels of dungeons (Shame 1/2, Cove 1, etc) with perma stat-loss. Coming from someone who has been pk'ed ~6 times today fighting paragons on Shame 5 I don't have a problem with the current red population. Sure some of them are no-talent ass-clowns I could down on my 5x tamer if it wasn't 4v1 but thats UO. But let that be a problem of someone who is used to the game and established. Let the nubs looting 65 gold off harpies learn the game.

Bravo; I have always had a soft spot for the 2x tamers (peace + music) in Shame or the newbie farming lizardmen for spined or harpies for feathers. The pks killing those peeps are scrubs, but such is life. Hyth, champs, etc is a whole other ballgame. Set up a recall macro if you do not want to stay and fight...

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Uo out of all mmos gives the most control to the community.. I see your reasoning for wanted a programmer to handle it, cause I'm lazy too, but really people should be hunting pks in shame 1

gofer

Grandmaster
Uo out of all mmos gives the most control to the community.. I see your reasoning for wanted a programmer to handle it, cause I'm lazy too, but really people should be hunting pks in shame 1

Which is precisely what I saw today; 3 reds roll through scorps. I recall back in and 5 blues looking for them...

The great thing about UO is that independence in the environment that the community can choose to actively engage in or not...

limlight

Grandmaster
Bravo; I have always had a soft spot for the 2x tamers (peace + music) in Shame or the newbie farming lizardmen for spined or harpies for feathers. The pks killing those peeps are scrubs, but such is life. Hyth, champs, etc is a whole other ballgame. Set up a recall macro if you do not want to stay and fight...

Maybe i need to add spined leather hunters to my pk route.
Ingots are stocked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

hilario

Neophyte
Well yes, there isw too many Pks over there, i have to tell theres some are nice, i mean some pks like the blodd clan Orc, when killing you ,allways try to resurect you or somtimes just take the cash and leve all the stuff in the body, like other pks i found, but others pks cut you body , dont resurrect, an even kill your pets if they can, head rewar? , when you farming alone,imposible, most of the pks are groups or 3 of them making ambush in hidding dungeons or deadly poison on the wepons, no recall macro this time.Hope this solve.

limlight

Grandmaster
Oh im sorry i didnt realize resource gatherers had a yellow immune lifebar...

Damnit..they are all immune while mining and ljing

gofer

Grandmaster
Oh im sorry i didnt realize resource gatherers had a yellow immune lifebar...

Damnit..they are all immune while mining and ljing

You sound a bit perturbed, but it is difficult to tell on the internet. As I said, if you want to prey on newbies go right ahead and knock yourself out. I just think there is more fun for my time hunting blues in Hythloth, etc.

limlight

Grandmaster
Both my friend. Your missing the pt. Miners are on foot and take two swing. I can kill in dungeons all day..recall in a mining area...kill minrr and take ingots of large amounts. Go back to killijg in dungeons..and repeat an hour later.
Same pk fun and never have to resource gather..

Win win
I just.need to start also going to despise

Babethoven

Grandmaster
sorry didnt take ANY time to read ANY comment on here but just going off the title... if ANYTHING we need more reds here, fuckin ridiculous how you run into a group of 2-5 blues and instantly it comes out to be a 10vs4 reds in seconds.... im down for a non scrub zerg red to compete as I seen 247 and ! joined forces over the last few days

Babethoven

Grandmaster
you guys may not be but there was 2 run ins last night i ran into " a curator" Dragoness got dropped in despise and i watched who all came and it was 247/! guys.... -_- like you guys need a fuckin alliance lmao :p i aint hating tho... do what you guys do, nobodys giving you guys competition on IDOCS or anything else so run with it

Status
Not open for further replies.