PKs - Too Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

K A Z

Grandmaster
The issue isn't as much that there are so many reds, but that so many of the bad ones opt to run around en masse.

that's true but most of them are really bad also. Just don't run into their target closest zerg and try to separate them.. Go and gank them with other blues, insta stat them, be an asshole to them.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Personally, I don't care about the amount of reds. Don't get me wrong.

And I don't stat any/ any other reds unless they're in "!"

I prefer to not kill pvp. But killing off mental patients (bull, or those that are just as psychologically as fucked to be with him) is fun.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
(!) Arent the underdogs. the practically run the whole server
Wait what? Lol
Just because they are all mass recruited from Brit Inn and barely have spells keybound aside from 'ebolt' and 'target closest', does NOT mean that at all.
I sincerely hope that was failed sarcasm.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
... i'v been here for 3-4 months, and Ive seen 1 ! member in the field, he tried to provo a shadow balron on me, and failed.
Other then that The first time ive heard mention of them was when kiki sold me his castle and explained they were my neighbors.

Everytime i see anyone mention them its negative and derogatory. And if i named the top 10 names i hear when it comes to pvp i doubt any of them are in !.

If all that can be true and the still run the server i am in true awe of the behind the scenes manipulation that must be happening.
To me they seem like the underdogs, like the ugly redheaded step child trying to win prom queen in a school of models.

My experiences haven't been terrible so far. Oddly enough, while there are a lot of PKs (though I don't find it as bad as back in the day), most of them have been pretty decent to me. The last 2 times I've been PK'd while in Covetous 3 the red has res'd me, didn't kill my horse, hasn't completely dry looted me (usually taking some regs and my gold) and has then offered to Gate me back to a town.

I'm sure someone has probably already said this, but this is UO so you adapt and move on. Basically, if there's a PK(s) in a dungeon then they're either there to farm for stuff or roving around looking to kill people. If it's the former then you move on and if it's the latter then you escape, fuck off for a while to another farming spot and come back later (they'll get bored and go to another popular farming spot). With the ability to Recall in and out of any spot in a dungeon it's pretty easy to avoid fights as long as you're careful. Hell get a party going with other people farming in the dungeon if it's a lone red and go hunting; I'm always surprised as to how blues don't bother to team together when there's a lone red in a dungeon. They seem to think that if you ignore them then they'll go away... which never works.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

Lol I think someone is starting to believe a bulls delusional bullshit.

! is a mass recruited guild that people join because they have a bunch of bots checking idocs. They aim to win with numbers, and most of them are dog shit terrible at UO (not just pvp, but all aspects).

It's full of spies and people there only for the empty promise of idoc loot.

Their leader is a full on * who has bought his way back onto UOF after being banned multiple times.

It's no wonder most of their members keep their guild tags turned off. They are universally recognized as a scrub guild for shit players.

I'm gonna say this: there are rumblings of a return of the great evil, EQMS. I can't wait to see the absolute raaaaaape of ! when an organized group of 10+ degenerate murderous bastards descends on the idocs of Sosaria.

Nurayia

Expert
The last 2 times I've been PK'd while in Covetous 3 the red has res'd me, didn't kill my horse, hasn't completely dry looted me (usually taking some regs and my gold) and has then offered to Gate me back to a town.
Wow, I'm yet to meet such a gentleman :D then again, I haven't been PKd often yet.

CO123

Apprentice

They definitely don't run the shard. They gank, and when they can't gank on reds, they do it on blues.

They do, however, outfield almost every opponent on this shard by 5 or 6 people most nights. So they don't suffer a ton of smashing defeats.

I find myself jealous of their numbers lol.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
IPY had a Paladin system that seemed to work pretty decent. If I remember correctly a Paladin that killed a red would cause the red permanent stat loss, Paladins also had some kind of tool in their pack that would track PKs. They would literally go to dungeons, and just as PKs hunt for Provokers, Paladins would hunt for PKs.

That tracking system sounds awesome. I bet staff here could do something wonderful with that, I think that is a great idea.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Wow, I'm yet to meet such a gentleman :D then again, I haven't been PKd often yet.

I actually have been resed by a Red his name was Randy Bobandy...he was decent no shit talk just took my LOOT and left my lute if you know what I mean. and he helped me get my pets back from the paragon tha kept killing me afterwards. I would hug him but now I just recall everytime I see him..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
"Talk good or Talk Bad, but talk about me"

[!] is the most known and more in"famous" guild of this server

Keep talking about us plz, we love it

The more u talk, the more famous we are!

;)

Soul Mate

Grandmaster

;)

They are..I am not sure who the heck you are...If I did talk good about you? Randy Bobandy??? otherwise I seldom shit talk if at all.Not worth my time to do that.

gucci mane

Apprentice
wasn't there a way to collect bounty for the murderer's head? hm, if not, the current system looks more counterproductive to me.... it encourages the blue player to kind of "revenge" the kill, meaning, turning it into a "who fucks who" situation, leaving the actual fun away and encouraging this type of "who fucks who" thinking. hm, on the other hand, bounty hunting for blue players could be cool where rewards is money or rares.
forgot to mention this part as i was about to retire to my chambers for the night

yes you can barter with the murderer for their head back at whatever gold price you wish. you can reach an agreement. then you get their bartered gold. and if you don't, you give their head to bounty master next to WBB, statlossing them

Poon Doctor

Master
Risk vs Reward use to keep reds in check but here there is no risk, only reward for being red.

I personally think it should be more difficult for a red to gain access to high end PvEr's. (IE reds can't recall/gate in/out of dungeons or MOB's auto attack reds on sight)

John Dillinger

Neophyte

;)

I saw these [!] children last night in Shame. It was a comical gag, as I was imagining them crouching in their mothers shit-stained office chairs screaming for help in Vent at the sight of any Blue, because sure as shit we know they can't 1v1. All 4 of them got destroyed by two tamers, and I got half the loot.

Better luck next time, as we all know to catch the elusive John Dillinger is more of a task than fending off any lowly [!]...

See?
its not that hard!

Its great when ppl stop running and fight back!

We dont care win or loose.... die or stay alive.... its all about the FUN!
:)

hope u liked that

Status
Not open for further replies.