PET SPEED CHANGE

Bobby123

Grandmaster

Swayze

Grandmaster
I haven't read this thread so forgive me if this has already been answered.

Movement speed was the only thing changed. Has nothing to do with how fast pets hit.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't see this sorry. I can still kill things just as fast.

A single QS activation kills 3 titans and i still have 3-4 seconds left.

A single QS activation still kills a titan paragon coupled with a WW or 7x nightmare

Only the movement speed was nerfed
It's about more than the effectiveness of the relic activations of meta dragons though.

More than movement was nerfed.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I haven't read this thread so forgive me if this has already been answered.

Movement speed was the only thing changed. Has nothing to do with how fast pets hit.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, something clearly got adjusted. It's really not hard to see if you take pets out you'll notice within just a few minutes. It is very confusing to me that more people aren't in aggreeance.

It's obvious that if players become accustomed to a certain thing they are gonna notice when it changes and maybe even have their fair share of complaints about it. Maybe they are baseless because the change truly needed to be made. Maybe there is merit to the complaints after all. Maybe it's about more than the actual change itself for some people (myself)

In this case I do not think the changes warrant a great deal of complaint. If pet melee reset timer/DPS has been nerfed deliberately and the change stays it truly will not be the end of the world. People still gonna get they PvM on.

What bothers me is all the commentary coming from people who clearly haven't bothered to use their pets since the change, blindly jumping to one side of the argument be it for or against.

What baffles me is the lack of consistency between the vision of the server as stated by staff and what actually happens when changes are made. Pets in PvP have been a shit-show.

And I really can't figure out how four staff members now have said no changes were made when clearly changes were made. That is the most confusing thing of all for me.

FAMARA

Grandmaster

FAMARA

Grandmaster
On another note i agree pets are very slow, i have to turn around or stop every couple seconds to pet can keep up it sucks!

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I've said it before and I'll say it again, something clearly got adjusted. It's really not hard to see if you take pets out you'll notice within just a few minutes.

+1

Maybe it's about more than the actual change itself for some people (myself)

That's about half of the issue for me.

Given the absence of drag-along-pets among PKs, it seems to me that this nerf was about reducing the already minimal risk that PKs take when they attack tamers or about nerfing a single small guild for beating EQMS more than its members (which includes the PvP manager) would like.

Garillo

Master
Faction tamers are rarely for PvP, unless it's a stun tamer, in my experience. My faction tamer is not a PvP template. I use it to add an extra currency, silver, when farming certain rotations and for faction scrolls at champs. I also can rez my pets for 5k without having to buy powerscrolls, which is fair- I can't recall when attacked by other factions, so obviously I'm more prone to die than a blue tamer who can just recall. Being in factions made my non-mountable pets incredibly slow. I often had to stop *walking* to let my meta dragon catch up, which was a huge pain in the ass. It now stays with me.

Before, there was an incredibly noticeable difference between my pets and non-faction pets. Side by side, blue pets would leave mine in the dirt just after a few screens of player movement. This pretty much forced me into a non-mobile, defensive type of PvP which is still the most effective for tamers post-speed nerf and understandably so- I have a fucking dragon. I should not be running around free casting for obvious reasons. This allows others to simply run in, flag me, and then reset the fight as many times as they want because I cannot chase but I also cannot recall because of being faction flagged.

I like the movement speed change. Blue tamers who show up to fight reds were ridiculous. They could full on chase people in fights, as well as set up turrets. Faction tamers supporting their guild mates were forced to leave their pets behind, where blues/blue tamers would/could kill or lure them almost 100% of the time.

Instead of bitching, try approaching the subject fairly. Sure, your pets as a blue were normalized with faction pets. Faction pets moved even slower than they do now up until recently.

Guess no one wants to take the time to touch on that, because it involves thinking of other players who put in the same grind most are defending.

Keep the pet speed change, make it so killing pets that require more than x taming gives kill counts.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Guess no one wants to take the time to touch on that, because it involves thinking of other players who put in the same grind most are defending.

The OP was about decreased hit rate.
Some people have discussed travel speed in this thread. Many of those people have suggested fixes that would have been better for everyone. (e.g. slow travel speed during combat only etc.)

Garillo

Master
Movement speed was leveled for all players. Slight lower for non factioners and slight boost for factioners to meet in the middle. Attack speed is based on stamina/dex and was not changed.

If there were a correlation between pet move speed and their attack speed faction tamers would not have been able to keep up in champ scores or RDA scores since their movement speed was so abysmally slow and their attack speed would also be terrible. Right? .

I've noticed zero difference in pet attack speed. Not saying it wasn't unintentionally changed, but there are plenty here talking about pet movement speed.

pet attack speed changed (?) = bad

pet movement speed normalized = good

Bromista

Grandmaster
still two topics being discussed.. movement speed shouldn't even be debated, tbh. reasons as @Garillo stated.
True, long as everyone is on the same page.

Debate that has no place in this discussion, but here we go anyway:

Pets do not need to "teleport" (actual teleport spell disabled) to catch up to players running full speed.

Pets do not ever need to run at mount speed. But if they do they should only be blue pets not engaged in combat. Orange, red, or any flagged pets need to crawl.

This thread:

Pet melee should be at 100% at all times. What happened to cause the reduction? It must have been an unintended consequence of other changes made.

In any event pet swing timer reset in PvP vs PvM is far from top priority. Players aren't standing there taking multiple melee hits back to back so there's no reason it needs adjusted for PvP or PvM.

Making sure that stun is disabled with any more than one follower, fixing the remount timer, and fixing pet control with too low skill/pet control sigil...those issues are clearly much higher on the totem pole if you wanna talk about pet PvP being the joke that it is.

I'm hoping staff is not just glazing over the pet values without looking hard to find something out of whack but I'm afraid that's what's happening here judging by their responses.