Old School Sonoma Players

Lexington

Grandmaster
Nope.... I just play here. It's my home away from work.

Are you just starting out or have you been here for awhile?

Sunny

Neophyte
I played it early 2018 for about 4-5 months, I couldnt get into it. I have to have duels to enjoy UO and I didnt see a single tournament or farm esq type dueling anywhere.

Ba Ba Booey

Booey is on this server too :)

No he is not on the server now, at this moment.

Sunny, I don't remember actively refusing anyone a duel, and if I did, my bad. I was a dickhead, and there's a good chance that, at the time, I thought you were beneath my notice, cause... dickhead. For a while there, people just wanted to be able to talk about how long they survived against me, which leads to shitty duels, which led to me not dueling. If I didn't immediately accept, there's also a chance you asked after this happened.

I played a lot of characters. It pretty quickly became too hard to effectively PVP with Booey, cause I ran solo a lot and no one wanted to engage without backup. My ping was really low and I could hang in a 2 on 1 most of the time.

For what it's worth, I think you might have fought my primary backup mage, 'me me me,' in factions?

Mesdoram and I spent a huge number of hours dueling on test center when UO:R first began to phase in (when mind blast became relevant), and so we were both way ahead of our time. I milked that until I quit. The reputation -- at least among the fancy PVPers on the server -- was mostly from me doing stupid shit that failed a lot, but was amazing when it worked out.

Sunny

Neophyte
No he is not on the server now, at this moment.

Sunny, I don't remember actively refusing anyone a duel, and if I did, my bad. I was a dickhead, and there's a good chance that, at the time, I thought you were beneath my notice, cause... dickhead. For a while there, people just wanted to be able to talk about how long they survived against me, which leads to shitty duels, which led to me not dueling. If I didn't immediately accept, there's also a chance you asked after this happened.

I played a lot of characters. It pretty quickly became too hard to effectively PVP with Booey, cause I ran solo a lot and no one wanted to engage without backup. My ping was really low and I could hang in a 2 on 1 most of the time.

For what it's worth, I think you might have fought my primary backup mage, 'me me me,' in factions?

Mesdoram and I spent a huge number of hours dueling on test center when UO:R first began to phase in (when mind blast became relevant), and so we were both way ahead of our time. I milked that until I quit. The reputation -- at least among the fancy PVPers on the server -- was mostly from me doing stupid shit that failed a lot, but was amazing when it worked out.

I do vaguely remember me me me, I also remember not being able to shake you guys lol. I remember you being very fast for sure. When I was trying to get you to duel me you had sort of "retired" Booey. I hadn't ever had any encounters with you but everyone would always tell me ba ba booey would kick my ass. During that time period really about 99-03' I don't feel like anyone could have beat me. Obviously thats a bold claim and im sure many other people felt the same way. I'm just speaking from how I felt at the time.

Naturally when everyone is telling you someone you didn't know would smoke you, you would want to call them out. Thats why I ever called you out on pkpboards. I remember everyone speaking on your behalf, and they all said you dont duel anymore because of stat loss. Me being in my shoes believed that was a bs excuse, looking back I realize thats a very valid excuse. I was just addicted to dueling and 1v1s and couldnt get enough it, so when there wasn't anyone left to duel I started talking shit on pkp boards.

PhireHawk

Adept
Ehh, who cares. Nobody really remembers anyway. Doesn't matter.

UO:F is fun, new people, old people, all new memories. What we all recall is that Sonoma was a good time - and which side of which team you were on back then doesn't matter anymore. Everybody remembers their glory days, and good for you if you do. I remember having fun, and rather than reveling in days long passed, I'm making new memories on UO:F with the crew I'm currently running with..

MMO's have never been about what you've done - they've always been about who've you've done those things with. Moments come and go, but friendships last the test of time. Make friends, make memories - and then you can make history be whatever you want.

Yo ho!

eric_azria

Grandmaster
good old sunny one, come find me if you're ever on uof - i'll hook you up if you need anything and I'm always down for some duels