Old School Sonoma Players

Titanium

Master
I was on Sonoma... also in kq konquest... my toons were zakarum and titanium.... the ones I played most... Edgar Tristan.. my brother was aquamunkey.. aqua... I remember galford.. Victor creed.. dragon. Pheonixxx.. alien... and so much more... also zugzug and beefcake.. they were good trolls that fought us a ot but turned out to be good peeps too... anyone remembers me hit me up with a message... lots of old posts on here... dunno who still playing from sonoma

haties

Neophyte
I was haties from old school Sonoma (also played a char name Mr.Yost for a while) ... Ran with PKP, FoH and SaS... Fought lots of M, BD and HK. Miss tank mages.. bring em back for the OGs!

Sunny

Neophyte
I remember 90% of all of you, my brother played as Itelema Lukia or Winnie. I was just Sunny-one primarily.

PhireHawk

Adept
Phirehawk what’s the pkp asshole group doing now days?

Hah!

Some of us are here - we had a pretty large group of ex-PkP Sonoma here last year (close to 20 players), but many took the summer months off and are slowly trickling back in.

SparHawk Jr, Black Talon, and I are here pretty regularly. I've been here a little over 4 years on and off.

Good to see familiar names. Sonoma was fun times.

Sunny

Neophyte
It is good to see familiar names! Reminiscing of old times. I’ve always been a lone wolf so the UOF playstyle didn’t suit me to well. In fact let me know when I can meet up with you I’ll give you what I have. Do you guys play any other games? as much as I love UO, I feel like it’ll never give me what it did 97-2004.

Sunny

Neophyte
I had a large tower but I let it decay. I forgot to refresh it. I don’t even know what I’m sitting on but you can have.

PhireHawk

Adept
I'm around most nights - don't always check the forums but you can usually get me on the server discrd channel at PhireHawk#1411

If you're leaving, I'll put your stuff to good use, but coming from a guy who's been here a long while, let me encourage you to give the server another chance. It's not Sonoma (nor will any game ever be) circa 1998, but some of the features and elements at work here by Shane and staff give the game a nostalgic, and yet totally new and unique experience.

Lone wolf in UO is harder, but not impossible as you are well aware - but let me say this: if I can become friends with the likes of Ripstas, who I detested on Sonoma, I can be friends with anybody. Can always look into a life on the sea's.

Let me know.

Last edited:

Sunny

Neophyte
I appreciate that Phire, I agree I’m sure we could all get along. I don’t think anyone truly hated anyone. The game would have been boring without nemesis. Other than Gohan/Jungle Payne that kid was a spoiled shit in real life.

I gave UOF a good try, it’s by far the most nostalgic experience you can find in replicating old UO. Shane is an awesome dude, I talked to him on many occasions and it’s pretty cool how passionate he is. It’s not really anybodies fault I don’t enjoy it anymore. As a lone wolf old UO was perfect, now with the communication groups of people have and the rune cutting stuff ... it makes my life impossible to enjoy open world pvp and nobody ever duels.

One of the coolest things with old UO was the honor people had. I would beat Ghost Ithyliri/Gohan/Jungle Payne (same dude played them all as I’m sure you know) all the time. He was claiming to a group of people I couldn’t beat him. So I challenged him to a 1,000,000gp bet. After smearing him verbally in front of everyone long enough he agreed to it. I lost, which was so unexpected on my end. But I honored it and I paid him his 1mil. He later went on to tell everyone I never paid up. That’s just not cool, I don’t care if it is an enemy —- you gotta have some honor.

I remember everyone talked about Ba Ba Booey as being some godlike pvp’er. I got into with him and the whole pkpboards all the time. I couldn’t ever get Ba Ba to fight me, so I faked a screen of shot of me killing him to post it, hoping that he would come out of hiding but he never did. I ate crow for faking the screen shot.

Lol, but with that all said... I’m done man. I don’t know what I have left probably not much. But you can have what I do have. Most of my valuables were in my large tower that decayed. I’ll hit you up tonight when I get on discord.

Sunny

Neophyte
Me and wasp has our beef and huge respects to him as well... the dude was good. I love all my enemies man, they made the game great. No game could ever replicate what old UO gave us.