Most Annoying Thief?!

Gedron

Master
You shouldnt think. The thieves have been nerfed so much Im amazed anyone even still plays them.

14avngl.jpg

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
You shouldnt think. The thieves have been nerfed so much Im amazed anyone even still plays them.

After the last changes made to thieves, I was able to make 8 mil stealing in less than two weeks when I was playing my thief as my main character... Of course that was back when Power Scrolls hadn't been farmed completely to death and still held really good value.. Seems like there is only a few PS's people still need out there now and everything else is next to worthless.

I wouldn't say they are nerfed.. Although the tracking thing has been around for a longggg time.. and is something I would personally like changed. Other than that.. the shadow steal .25 second delay is practically nothing... Besides.. It was always better to mount up on your ethy before attempting a steal anyways.. Just in case things get hairy.

Finch

Apprentice
After the last changes made to thieves, I was able to make 8 mil stealing in less than two weeks when I was playing my thief as my main character... Of course that was back when Power Scrolls hadn't been farmed completely to death and still held really good value.. Seems like there is only a few PS's people still need out there now and everything else is next to worthless.

I wouldn't say they are nerfed.. Although the tracking thing has been around for a longggg time.. and is something I would personally like changed. Other than that.. the shadow steal .25 second delay is practically nothing... Besides.. It was always better to mount up on your ethy before attempting a steal anyways.. Just in case things get hairy.

What is the "shadow steal delay"?

Drake Roberts

Grandmaster
What is the "shadow steal delay"?
You used to be able to perform a steal and then hide instantly right afterwards, the same way you can perform a double steal.. Simply by queuing the steal and waiting for 10 seconds to clear the timer and then stealing and hiding immediately.. Now there is a .25 second delay before you can hide after attempting a steal.. Which is close to nothing.. but I used to steal from people without them even seeing me pop on their screen if I timed it right. It is almost always better to mount on your ethereal before attempting a steal though... So I don't even view that as a nerf, honestly.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Yeah they are annoying. Can they bank right after stealing an item? I lost 2 bows yesterday, each time the guy banked right after the theft. I killed him within seconds and nothing was on him. Banking right after a theft is uber broke if that is true.

Oh and to the guys putting trapped boxes out there on spawns, in town, wherever... effin lol I got blown up for opening a chest on a dragon I killed and BOOM. I couldn't stop laughing.
I have killed SO SO SO many people with this it's redic. I have even gotten several of the same people multiple times. It blows my mind.

I like the Microsoft guy. I think he is a thief? He walks about " scanning for viruses" and lets you know if your " system is clean" lol

thechemicals

Apprentice
Unless they steal at the bank, then they just plop it in there, take the hit and rez after a couple a minutes with your stuff and there's nothing you can do about it :\ I think there should be like a 60-90 second counter after you steal before you can bank, personally.

I believe perma grey thieves should be grey to everyone. The disguise should be the only thing that makes them blue and it should have time restrictions.

Gedron

Master
I believe perma grey thieves should be grey to everyone. The disguise should be the only thing that makes them blue and it should have time restrictions.

Eh, that may be a little extreme. I see your reasoning behind it, but I feel that would deal a crippling blow to thieves. As much as I hate them, they are a part of our ecosystem so they deserve to be balanced. The issues I have with them is the lack of risk they take when they bank steal. Sure they can get guard-whacked (although it seems to be a rare occurrence) but if they do not, they can just bank your item and then it doesn't matter what happens because most of them are naked anyway. UO is a game of risk and reward, there's no risk when you can take someones item and they are not afforded the opportunity to get it back.

Hey, bank thief here, I get GW frequently! And frequent PK'd as well. I try to carry something that a victim will take from my dead corpse when i steal. Don't own an ethy yet, so i can't steal and run away. Wonder if we will ever see ninjitsu on here? On the other hand, I haven't really stolen anything of super value, i do like triggering your red trapped boxes however. Mostly, I steal shiny things. Soon I will be where you don't want me to be, taking the things you don't want me to take. Soon (insert cat peeking around the corner meme)

Struan

Expert
Needs balance. Should be a risk for thieves.

Stat loss?

Grey to everyone for extended period of time?

8mil in 2 weeks. F* me. I hope that was in a dungeon at least, if not then it is absolutely OP.

Finch

Apprentice
You used to be able to perform a steal and then hide instantly right afterwards, the same way you can perform a double steal.. Simply by queuing the steal and waiting for 10 seconds to clear the timer and then stealing and hiding immediately.. Now there is a .25 second delay before you can hide after attempting a steal.. Which is close to nothing.. but I used to steal from people without them even seeing me pop on their screen if I timed it right. It is almost always better to mount on your ethereal before attempting a steal though... So I don't even view that as a nerf, honestly.

and people actually complain about that? It should absolutely be a 10 second delay.