Most Annoying Thief?!

ok seriously. the Thieves on the shard are fucking annoying. Every time i go to yew to any bank i get jacked from. Lets hear what you guys think the most annoying thief is.

parsnip

Grandmaster
The reg thieves at West Britain are quite annoying but I don't think they actually deserve to be labelled as proper thieves.

The (real) thieves, I've come across in the wild, are usually quite entertaining and, dare I say, classy - @EllEssDee and @Spinnacus come to mind.

Gedron

Master
Yeah they are annoying. Can they bank right after stealing an item? I lost 2 bows yesterday, each time the guy banked right after the theft. I killed him within seconds and nothing was on him. Banking right after a theft is uber broke if that is true.

Oh and to the guys putting trapped boxes out there on spawns, in town, wherever... effin lol I got blown up for opening a chest on a dragon I killed and BOOM. I couldn't stop laughing.

Yeah they are annoying. Can they bank right after stealing an item? I lost 2 bows yesterday, each time the guy banked right after the theft. I killed him within seconds and nothing was on him. Banking right after a theft is uber broke if that is true.

to answer your question yes they can. as long as they dont turn grey they can bank.

Gedron

Master
to answer your question yes they can. as long as they dont turn grey they can bank.

Ugh... I wish there was like a 30 second delay or something. With the overwhelming population of thieves, I can't even walk into a town anymore without losing all my gear :\

Jager

Grandmaster
bank thieves to me are like the PK's that only hunt newb spots. you gotta be the shit to steal or kill someone AFK. i have a thiefe myself but hees a stun disarmer and i get alot of weapons that way.. dont get me wrong ive both bank stole and killed a afk, but thats not my goal, shit just heppens lol.

EllEssDee

Master
Phfft... bank thieves...

This guy knows.

Really though, My blessed black orc mask, my blessed trammy clothes, my house, and now my phoenix armor set would not have been possible without you guys. Thank you for never safeguarding your stuff, choosing comfort over safety, and most importantly, thinking you're in those dungeons alone.

Happy Holidays!

wkstrm

Master
The cheapest item I've ever stolen around the bank was a vanq bow, the most expensive I would think is +1 animal taming. not sure if that makes me crappy or not.

And as EllEssDee said, my house and outfits would not be possible without stealing stuff.

And to the people who lose stuff at the bank. It's your own fault for not protecting your valuable items. There are multiple ways of protecting your stuff from thieves or makeing your items harder to steal. But brains have never been the biggest asset I've seen amongst people here....

Moccy

Neophyte
I try not to be annoying, though i do like to poke ribs sometimes :)

Personally, my - (for lack of a better word) - trademark is leaving a thank-you note (gleefully entitled "*Yoink* by Mossop") after i liberate some unattended merchandise, and it generally receive a positive response. Though i did giggle when someone wrote "suck my taint asshole" in it once :p

You'll always get crybabies that throw the rattle out the pram though, "I hate this game", "i'm quitting", "f*kn thieves", etc.

And to the people who lose stuff at the bank. It's your own fault for not protecting your valuable items. There are multiple ways of protecting your stuff from thieves or makeing your items harder to steal. But brains have never been the biggest asset I've seen amongst people here....
^^ And lets not forget one of the originals... Inertia :)

mynameis

Adept
Most aren't too bad, as long as you stay on your toes its hard to lose anything valuable. First thief I encountered did still my regs which kinda sucked.

Oh and to the guys putting trapped boxes out there on spawns, in town, wherever... effin lol I got blown up for opening a chest on a dragon I killed and BOOM. I couldn't stop laughing.

I picked on up and wasn't planning to open it, autocount killed me. Loot myself I died 3 more times completely confused. Turns out he dropped boxes inside of my pouches. Found it hilarious afterwards, and learned to not autocount all sub containers :)

Gedron

Master
I started a thief. Got him to GM then deleted him.
Most aren't too bad, as long as you stay on your toes its hard to lose anything valuable. First thief I encountered did still my regs which kinda sucked.

I picked on up and wasn't planning to open it, autocount killed me. Loot myself I died 3 more times completely confused. Turns out he dropped boxes inside of my pouches. Found it hilarious afterwards, and learned to not autocount all sub containers :)

Yup lol There's just something hilarious about the death sound too.

thechemicals

Apprentice
Thieves are worthless to kill is the problem. Absolutely no value killing them other than get back your weapon... which means you might have to punch him to death.

Gedron

Master
Thieves are worthless to kill is the problem. Absolutely no value killing them other than get back your weapon... which means you might have to punch him to death.

Unless they steal at the bank, then they just plop it in there, take the hit and rez after a couple a minutes with your stuff and there's nothing you can do about it :\ I think there should be like a 60-90 second counter after you steal before you can bank, personally.