mob aggro vs red players

Bobby123

Grandmaster
ztLQ3NH.png

@GluttonySDS wants perma stat ??? So he wants his guildmates to quit ????????????

@GluttonySDS can deny he want but we all know the only reason glutt is promoting perma stat now because hes planning to quit UOF and intend to destroy the server pvp scene before he leaves . Worst thing of all , he and his guild were the main reasons for the current mob aggro situation.

Now that DodgeQMS has crumbled , hes trying to wreck havoc in the pvp scene before he leaves !

Extremely toxic and selfish player !

Shame on you @GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
@GluttonySDS wants perma stat ??? So he wants his guildmates to quit ????????????

@GluttonySDS can deny he want but we all know the only reason glutt is promoting perma stat now because hes planning to quit UOF and intend to destroy the server pvp scene before he leaves . Worst thing of all , he and his guild were the main reasons for the current mob aggro situation.

Now that DodgeQMS has crumbled , hes trying to wreck havoc in the pvp scene before he leaves !

Extremely toxic and selfish player !

Shame on you @GluttonySDS

Im not leaving UOF... you however left UOF for albion and then for UOWars after you were banned the 2nd time for cheating on UOF.

Can we please get these troll posts cleaned up out of this suggestion thread?

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Im not leaving UOF... you however left UOF for albion and then for UOWars after you were banned the 2nd time for cheating on UOF.

Can we please get these troll posts cleaned up out of this suggestion thread?

ztLQ3NH.png

Wow it seems @GluttonySDS is worried that i have exposed his ill intentions for UOF and is trying to destory all evidence huh ?

So to summarise : You caused the problem by pking 15+ deep every single day at despise lvl 1 in March 2017 and now you promoting perma stat . Some of your guildmates have already stated they will stop playing/quit all together if perma stat is introduced .

So are you suggesting that you prefer your guildmates to quit ??? Like i said , @GluttonySDS you can fool your guild minions but you cant fool the rest of us . @Garillo and @Tard the Paladin are your loyal guildmates and they have already stated their position and you are promoting perma stat ??? LAWL !

Sorry but i love UOF and have vested interests on the server and i aint going to sit by and let you affect negatively in the slightest way to UOF .

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Id rather have perma stat than anything else... changing game mechanics changes the way the entire game is played. Perma stat would just make dying sting more.

Perma stat would make things much more bitter between blue and red. I think if reds got perma statted they would be more inclined to grief, kill pets, rez kill and just overall douche bag behavior as revenge. I'm not saying a lot of that doesn't exist from some players in todays UOF. I just think it would foster a much more toxic culture here and make playing the game not as enjoyable for everyone.

kolbycrouch

Master
permastat sounds lame.

if you cant recall away from a pk, learn to.

its 10x easier to run away than to kill.

keep this up and you'll end up with LRC and insurance.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
About permastat...

After listening in forums/discord over the years I've come to realize that permastat has advocates and opponents across guilds, among reds and blues, etc.

My opinion is that permastat is a less desirable choice than the other options that would achieve a similar and/or better result for blues. I've heard devs say that they feel sorry for the solo pk. Permastat would affect solo pks the most. Solo pks are more likely devote several character slots to reds characters in order to stay in the game. Too many pks don't even have reds on all their accounts. Permastat might actually benefit these less than devoted pks who just play on a single red character. They would actually save a lot of time by macroing through permastat rather than waiting 2 days for temp stat loss.

Let's think of some other ideas that are better than permastat in my opinion
1) no auto buyback options for heads or even make it so that a red goes into instant stat if they die
2) add 24 hours to maximum stat loss
3) make it so that murder counts never decay or decay at an extremely slow rate -- this would help young players and solo blues immensely by letting them not worry about getting blue pk'd at champs/RDA's
4) power scrolls/relics go straight to your bank when a champ dies
6) only gold drops from your body when you are pk'd - Diablo style

Basically, I'd rather see anything other than permastat. I just don't want to macro in order to play a red character. Adding time to stat loss and making it easier to get stat'd are better ideas that would achieve the same result.

But whatever. Like I said in my earlier post, if the game seems boring to vets and unappealing to new players there are several other reasons that might be more pertinent.

Last edited:

Bobby123

Grandmaster
About permastat...

After listening in forums/discord over the years I've come to realize that permastat has advocates and opponents across guilds, among reds and blues, etc.

My opinion is that permastat is a less desirable choice than the other options that would achieve a similar and/or better result for blues. I've heard devs say that they feel sorry for the solo pk. Permastat would affect solo pks the most. Solo pks are more likely devote several character slots to reds characters in order to stay in the game. Too many pks don't even have reds on all their accounts. Permastat might actually benefit these less than devoted pks who just play on a single red character. They would actually save a lot of time by macroing through permastat rather than waiting 2 days for temp stat loss.

Let's think of some other ideas that are better than permastat in my opinion
1) no auto buyback options for heads or even make it so that a red goes into instant stat if they die
2) add 24 hours to maximum stat loss
3) make it so that murder counts never decay or decay at an extremely slow rate -- this would help young players and solo blues immensely by letting them not worry about getting blue pk'd at champs/RDA's
4) power scrolls/relics go straight to your bank when a champ dies
6) only gold drops from your body when you are pk'd - Diablo style

Basically, I'd rather see anything other than permastat. I just don't want to macro in order to play a red character. Adding time to stat loss and making it easier to get stat'd are better ideas that would achieve the same result.

But whatever. Like I said in my earlier post, if the game seems boring to vets and unappealing to new players there are several other reasons that might be more pertinent.

Well said tbh ! I am all for perma stat if the pking gets out of hand . ( For example , 10 groups of 15 + pks rolling deep every day )

I have one question for you though @Tard the Paladin . Why is your guildmaster @GluttonySDS promoting perma stat when so many of dodgeqms minions have explictly stated they do not wish to have perma stat ?

Isnt it obvious @GluttonySDS has an underlying motive for promoting perma stat which is he intends to destroy/disrupt the pvp scene before he quits for another game ( according to insider sources ) ?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Well said tbh ! I am all for perma stat if the pking gets out of hand . ( For example , 10 groups of 15 + pks rolling deep every day )

I have one question for you though @Tard the Paladin . Why is your guildmaster @GluttonySDS promoting perma stat when so many of dodgeqms minions have explictly stated they do not wish to have perma stat ?

Isnt it obvious @GluttonySDS has an underlying motive for promoting perma stat which is he intends to destroy/disrupt the pvp scene before he quits for another game ( according to insider sources ) ?

I would be greatly surprised if Glutt wants to leave UOF. Several times a month I get bored of UOF and ask Glutt if he wants to check out other MMOs and he's never been interested.

I'm guessing if you're back that Albion must have sucked. That's too bad because I thought the Albion idea seemed cool but then I hear from a lot of people that its actually kinda crappy. The graphics are a bit too cartoony/blockish for my tastes too.

Not to derail the topic but let's revisit the permastat idea...

The devs continue to mention permastat as though it were this looming punishment that hovers over us like the sword of Damocles. That's fine and all. But how about we take a hard look at what would REALLY help the players that devs claim they want to shield from the big red pks.

You want to help innocent blues and newer players? Don't let murder counts decay or let them decay 1 per month of real game time. This would make blue players stay blue. New players and solo players could then stay at Champs and RDA's without worrying about zerg blue guilds taking counts on them.

All this talk of helping the blues and solving the pk problem... Let's really shine the light on this issue and make it harder to blue pk at champs/RDA's. Let's see if the anti-pk blue zerglings still feel the same about anti-pk'ing mechanics when it prevents them from dropping on innocent players that dare to share a champ or RDA with them.

If permastat seems fair then by all rights perma-counts should be fair.

Those that oppose the idea of perma-counts and support the idea of permastat should be scrutinized. Does such a player actually want to help new players? If so, why not shield them from blue pks that are far more likely to rob them of a relic/power scroll? Perhaps those that would support permastat and oppose permacounts simply seek a system of game mechanics that punishes a rival guild while allowing them to continue to kill blue players.

Last edited:

gadric

Expert
There should be a setting or something that players can use in order to opt out of PKing interaction. But then again if we did that then the PKers would have only other PKers to fight and they would pitch a fit

Ranker

Master
There should be a setting or something that players can use in order to opt out of PKing interaction. But then again if we did that then the PKers would have only other PKers to fight and they would pitch a fit

This I disagree with, UO is what it is because of the Risk vs Reward. My thing is, there is no risk of 10 pks showing up to a champ on the last 5 mins of it and killing it and everyone else and taking their loot. Sorry the Risk vs reward factor is a non factor for pks. However I do not want trammel, I think they should add it so you have to do damage/amount of time you have been at the champ to get loot. So pks can't come in at the end and get rewarded for doing jack shit.

StegcO

Grandmaster

You can travel back in time in 1996 and directly talk with Garriot to let him create a totally different Ultima Online

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Is the red mob agro thing still active or has it been tweaked or reverted?

It has been tweaked if i am not mistaken .

No more auto attack of reds if mobs is busy fighting but mobs will still choose red over blue if both are present on screen.

Lexington

Grandmaster
It has been tweaked if i am not mistaken .

No more auto attack of reds if mobs is busy fighting but mobs will still choose red over blue if both are present on screen.

I'm not so sure... last time I was chased in dastard the mob attacked me first. It seemed to attacks the closest person. Typically the person being chased is always the closest.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I'm not so sure... last time I was chased in dastard the mob attacked me first. It seemed to attacks the closest person. Typically the person being chased is always the closest.

But what i mean with all things being equal , mobs will target red over blue .

@eppy might help us on that