mob aggro vs red players

Kird

Adept
Yet its not a problem when a PKer jumps a blue pvming, who's already got aggro and probably not at full mana/health anyway. Seems to balance the scales a bit.

oh hell no.

The game is atm designed to shit on red players for no reason.
PKing and getting PKed was always a part of UO.

You saying that it is "fair" to have a huge disatvantage all the time because sometimes your target has alrdy aggro...
I dont think you have any red char just by reading this comment.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
with meta dexxers/mages, meta pets and talismans and now this change, they have just ruined the game entirely. UOF has nothing to do with real Ultima Online anymore. What a shame!

I agree with this, but not specifically biased towards reds. UO has to move with the times as they say and unfortunately, many areas have been changed to compensate for a seemingly, relatively gentler audience.

According to whispers, reds have presumably had things easier than most and these changes will probably be a test. IF these changes do remain in, then obviously the interest in dungeons will move to another place. The problem with this is, if the action moves to another place then we will witness another set of problems elsewhere.

I feel this is why permanent stat-loss was a thing in the past because honestly, I can not see another solution *if a solution is needed* regarding red players, permanent stat-loss is not something that should be added now, simply because of other extremely over-powered implementations in the game.

Can't blame anyone for changing anything really, but perhaps a softer change would be for monsters to only go into aggro-hyperdrive when someone actually murders someone in a dungeon and not beforehand. To clarify that :

Red enters dungeon and only the standard aggro applies *same as blues and greys*.
Red kills someone, a timer starts and increased aggro is noticed in the general vicinity.
Red kills someone else, timer is extended greatly for that dungeon only and aggro is now based on the entirety of the level.
Red resurrects someone, timer is reduced greatly.
Red tries to resurrect the same person in a set time and aggro extends to permanent for that dungeon or, until the red dies *bit like perma-grey*

Not sure how that would help to be honest, but anything must be better than it is now.

Trying to help, please no attempts at decapitation... :(

Xero

Grandmaster
Oh that explains it. A red was trying to kill me today, i was fighting two eastern lichs. Suddenly the red has two Metas and the two mobs on him.
He died instantly. There was no way out for him, i felt sorry, wanted to give his head back. I like solo PKs even if they annoying me :p. Unfortunately he came on blue and started shittalking. Anyway... There are lots of red dexxers arround, its no big deal to arm a bad vanq hit your explo script and two hit someone. But maybe make it harder to kill a blue is not the right way. Probably its better to make them care more about to die or not. Or even make the Talismans useless if you have 10+ murdercounts?

oneSLOWex

Adept
I think the range at which they attack a red is less than it was the first time isn't it? Not to be too trammy but it is really annoying being lower health and have someone run in and dick you down and you have no chance to fight back or even get away. You still have a chance to kill blues, just need to clear a few things out first. I hope this stays.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
K A Z, if you complain about 'them' ruining the game for PKers that nothing was like the 'old uo'. Small reminder, if you are talking about risks, you have none as a pker. Access to guardzone, no perma stat loss, most alchy/stun templates have a loot value of less than 2k gold. #stopredtrammel

Shane-Today at 5:09 AM
Well its this or perma stat
so
WE can decide in a month.

Kird

Adept
you get your char taken out for 1-2 days or need to pay a decent sum.
thats not "no risk".

If PKs are such a problem (are they?), why not increase time per kill count or remove guardzone access or make it even harder to leave if you murdered some one...
Everything sounds better than the current situation to me.

Kird

Adept
I think the range at which they attack a red is less than it was the first time isn't it? Not to be too trammy but it is really annoying being lower health and have someone run in and dick you down and you have no chance to fight back or even get away. You still have a chance to kill blues, just need to clear a few things out first. I hope this stays.

pls explain why you cant fight back or get away?
You are describing a specific scenario where someon is at low health and for some reason cant get away.
I'm asuming the changes to mob aggro were designed for a bigger picture and I'm hoping this picture can be realized in a different way.

Kird

Adept
come on! How many reds can you have? 1-2 days loss is a joke

If you go out there to PK, you eventually die. If you PK a lot, you die a lot.
By all means, increase the time per count. But losing 2 days on char hurts, belive me

oneSLOWex

Adept
pls explain why you cant fight back or get away?
You are describing a specific scenario where someon is at low health and for some reason cant get away.
I'm asuming the changes to mob aggro were designed for a bigger picture and I'm hoping this picture can be realized in a different way.
I'm talking about being in the middle of killing something and you are low health or even half health and get shit on by someone running through killing people. I'm already less than full health, you pop in with Ebolt or whatever already loaded and cast on me while something is chasing me. I'm dead with little to no chance to do anything about it. With these changes that monster is gonna turn on you. Even if I have enough Magery to cast reflect, it's probably already gone from the mob casting on me.

drasked

Grandmaster
If there is a "PK problem" perhaps staff should expand on factions and other forms of consensual pvp instead of nerfing things.

This change will mostly affect solo PK's which do not seem like a very big problem to me.

Kird

Adept
I'm talking about being in the middle of killing something and you are low health or even half health and get shit on by someone running through killing people. I'm already less than full health, you pop in with Ebolt or whatever already loaded and cast on me while something is chasing me. I'm dead with little to no chance to do anything about it. With these changes that monster is gonna turn on you. Even if I have enough Magery to cast reflect, it's probably already gone from the mob casting on me.

So in this scenario you are a dexxer with no magery at 50% health fighting a mob and a PK with precast pops up exactly next to you (how?).
Sounds very specific.
What if you are not a dexxer, but a mage? what if you are a tamer? what if you had magery? The outcome of your teoritical encounter would be changed by all of those facts.

The mob aggro change impacts PKs in their whole playstyle, all the time.

Peav

Grandmaster
why are the default fonts so small anyways? UOF forum doesn't have now anything to do with real forums.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If there is a "PK problem" perhaps staff should expand on factions and other forms of consensual pvp instead of nerfing things.

This change will mostly affect solo PK's which do not seem like a very big problem to me.

Ive made several suggestion threads about improving faction PVP... adding incentives, adding new mechanics, etc.

Every single thread was met with "WOW YOU JUST WANT EQMS TO GET RICH FROM PVP" or "WOW YOU JUST WANNA RUIN THE SHARD GANKING 30v1"

The problem here is the playerbase... including people who claim to be PVPers(and are posting against these PK changes).

Who gives a fuck about PKing... the real problem are you crybabies who claim to PVP but are actually trash players in trash guilds that ONLY want to PK blues farming. Aside from the koreans and EQMS, no one on this shard consistently factions or looks for consensual PVP.

If you make consensual PVP more attractive(or convince the crybabies in this thread to PVP not PK blues) then the PKing becomes less rampant.

That being said this change is stupid and only further adds benefit to poeple who spent 100+ hours grinding up a defense talisman.

Bring on perma stat.