Long time friend scammed/stole Donation items from me (Fupa / wuwei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyj

Apprentice
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Shane, the photo shows he said he was going to return them, I can even produce more that show our mutual "friends" saying it's not like wu to do this and I don't know why he is and I can't get through to him that he's being weird and stubborn.. I tried to msg him over and over, and I have seen him in game multiple times and just recalls Infront of me wearing my items. It's ridiuclous.

Liberty, thanks for the idea/offer but I am far from needing a handout. I have plenty of resources to play. These are just pixels. I'm frustrated more that he scammed me and stunoma.

I value my friends on the game, I enjoy playing with guys I get along with and laugh with. When it's not fun I don't play. This is a case where I'm like wow, some guy I hooked up and considered a friend just robbed pixels from me. I am so past this in life but when you talk to someone on skype and we help him out when he was down it hits differently.

Since these pixels mean so much to him he doesn't deserve them. Doesn't even deserve to play here.

I sent him and mutual friends 50+ messages being very open minded and patient.

I can produce more photos if needed

sam sam

Master
But how u know hes selling for IRL?
cause i know a lotta dope fiends lol, trust me if he scamming one of his best friends.......its to sell it for dope, not look cool at brit bank.

if the staff traces the item ID's i will bet anyone here 5mill the items have changed hands and no longer in wu weu's possession, and wu wei has 0 gold in his bank box cause he sold it.

you gonna just have to trust me on this one hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I completely believe you (if for no other reason I don't see someone making something like this up) but the problem is what if he says he offered to buy the stuff for x amount after that conversation and you agreed or even said no keep it. You can't prove that he has never paid for it.

$ changes people.

Pandone

Grandmaster
I completely believe you (if for no other reason I don't see someone making something like this up) but the problem is what if he says he offered to buy the stuff for x amount after that conversation and you agreed or even said no keep it. You can't prove that he has never paid for it.

$ changes people.

i don t think it was irl deal if they wrote i t on forum, $ will sell them CHEAAAPZ @Bobby123

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
This is a tricky one! On the one hand that dude could say you are being an injun-giver cuz he could claim you later told him he could keep the items.

On the other though, these are Dono items, which are bought through RL money donations. Sure, you can't sell them for RL money, BUT they are worth tons of gold in-game. In my view of it, these pixels therefore have RL value, and should be considered one's legal property.

That being said, imagine you let your neighbor borrow some pricey tools and he decided not to give them back. You tried to contact him, but he ignored you. Now you go to the police next or a civil lawyer. What's the result?

Is he guilty of theft of Dono items? (banned from server!) Would you win that lawsuit in small claims court? (Items returned or restitution paid)

I think it's interesting cuz pixel items DO have real life value. If you labor to earn RL money and buy something with it, it's your legal property. If you labor in a game to earn something is it the same? Not in UO, I suppose, since stealing is allowed in the game.... but for Dono items that correlate to amounts of RL money directly? Yeah, I'd say that constitutes legal property -or ought to.

God.RG

Grandmaster
cause i know a lotta dope fiends lol, trust me if he scamming one of his best friends.......its to sell it for dope, not look cool at brit bank.

if the staff traces the item ID's i will bet anyone here 5mill the items have changed hands and no longer in wu weu's possession, and wu wei has 0 gold in his bank box cause he sold it.

SAM WITH THE KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBE

Lazenby

Adept
Don't trust anyone, this is UO not Candlyland Online. Sucks to have poor judgement and no common sense! Sounds like he was playing you like a fool...that is what drug addicts do though, if he is in fact one.

However shouldn't even be sharing this on the forums, reflects poorly on you. Sure as fuck nothing to be done in game. I saw this guy today near Brit and he didn't bother my ettin paragon or the other 2 ettins I had on me when he ran by on his red. Can't be all that bad!

God.RG

Grandmaster
Don't trust anyone, this is UO not Candlyland Online. Sucks to have poor judgement and no common sense! Sounds like he was playing you like a fool...that is what drug addicts do though, if he is in fact one.

However shouldn't even be sharing this on the forums, reflects poorly on you. Sure as fuck nothing to be done in game. I saw this guy today near Brit and he didn't bother my ettin paragon or the other 2 ettins I had on me when he ran by on his red. Can't be all that bad!
how does he have poor judgement/no common sense in this situation?
he's been friends with the guy for years.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
What do you expect from a giant pile of inbred shit, who sucks so bad that he died to my scribe archer 1 v 1 and was never heard from again.

Easy Erin

Journeyman

Fucking junkies.

Ps you look like a dealer lol

Baby Blue

Master
so just to clarify you can steal peoples dono coins/items?

:)
This is something new to me. I'm surprised... I have previously let some other people try pretty expensive donation stuff because I thought that admins won't allow donation item scamming. Hopefully people pay attention about what @Shane said.

Wu Wei trust scammed one of his closest online friends to sell the items for IRL cash to fund his heroin addiction.
Wow... In game pixels are just "play money" to me. So he probably stole a bear mask to buy some heroin. Pretty insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby Blue

Master
In fact, some people won't pk alone. There's always a risk when friends aren't cross healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.